Age at Time of Disappearance: 36
Race: White
Height: 67 inches
Weight: 175 pounds
Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Hair (Other): Mustache.
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Light
Identifying Characteristics: Scar in the shape of a "H" on center of chest, missing several teeth, gap in upper front teeth, previously fractured left wrist.
Clothing: Red sweatshirt, short sleeve orange shirt over top of sweatshirt, blue jeans, white socks, tan work boots.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
Unknown. David was last seen between 2:00pm and 3:00pm leaving his place of employment in the vicinity of Taylor Rd. in Whiteford, MD. He was last seen getting into a 1993 Nissan regular cab pickup truck with two other male individuals.

Investigative Agency:
Maryland State Police Department
Phone: (410) 838-4101
Investigative Case #: 04-53-028215
NCIC #: M-904580878

NCMA PROFILE

Why no word on missing son?

Monday, September 12, 2005

I have never written to the editor before, and I don't know how to start, so I'll just say what's in my heart.

You read about all these people in the news who have been missing, like the Runaway Bride and all the dear ones who really are missing. My son, David Edward Carter, has been missing since Dec. 14, 2004, and not one word has ever been said about him.

The investigation is still going on, the police assure me. Meanwhile, the ones responsible for David being missing walk free. It's not fair. My son is just as important as anybody else's child.

Maybe we don't have enough money to offer big rewards, but it should be on the news about his disappearance just like all the others.

SHIRLEY CARTER
CRALEY

http://ydr.com/story/letters/84941/

I checked the archives and other missing sites for any articles that would have covered David.

I can only find the one letter to the editor that his Mother wrote back in 2005.

Very disheartening for me, I can't imagine what his Mother is going through. Bless her heart.

I used to live in that area and knew Dave. I wonder if the police checked the quarries. Most are filled with water and are really deep.

I couldnt get the other link to open, so not sure if it's the same info or not. I didn't realize he was from pa, but missing from md. I've been looking at unidentified in md for him for the last hour. Now im thinking i should be looking in pa!
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/316/cases/missing-person-david-edward-carter

Eta: that has him listed in peachbottom township pa , while charley project had him peachbottom township md

Peach Bottom is just over the border in PA... I don't live far from there.

Seems his mother thinks people are "responsible" for his disappearance... Few details available in his case. I went to high school up in Whiteford, and it's all just farmland and quiet neighborhoods tucked back there, roads largely unpaved. The kind of place where most people are 50+. I wonder if he was going through some tough times and may have been suicidal?

David Edward Carter​

• david_edward_carter_1.jpg
Carter, circa 2004
  • Missing Since 12/14/2004
  • Missing From Whiteford, Maryland
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/01/1968 (55)
  • Age 36 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 175 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A red sweatshirt under a short-sleeved orange shirt, blue jeans, white socks and tan work boots.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) White 1993 Nissan pickup truck
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Light brown hair, blue eyes. Carter has a mustache. He is missing several teeth and has a gap between his upper front teeth and he has previously fractured his left wrist. Carter has an H-shaped scar in the center of his chest. His nickname is Dave.

Details of Disappearance​

Carter was last seen between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. on December 14, 2004, leaving his place of work in the vicinity of Taylor Road in Whiteford, Maryland. He got into a white 1993 Nissan pickup truck with two Caucasian males. He has never been heard from again.

Few details are available in Carter's case. His last address was on Aubel Road in Peach Bottom Township, Maryland. Foul play is suspected in his case, which remains unsolved.

David's mother and fathers' obituaries.

As someone who grew up in the area and ran in the same circle as Dave, I’ve heard stories just as most people from the area have.
Dave was an amazing person with a huge heart, he truly was but he also had fallen in with the wrong crowd of people and was using drugs.

The town rumors go as this: The people he was with that day were Austin Farley and James Metz, who picked Dave up from work knowing that he had gotten paid that day and they all had planned to drive to the city (Baltimore) to purchase drugs. The two men tried to rob Dave and something bad happened to him. It’s been said that Cathy Hodge (gf of one of the men) helped the men dispose of Dave in the Whiteford quarries. Many people believe there is truth to these rumors.
I should mention that all the above people have since died due to drug overdoses and such. So thankful I made it out of that town. Praying that the Carter family may one day find some peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back