Identified! FL - Sarasota, WhtMale 45+, skull found, Sep'15 - Fernando Ramos Velasquez

The sheriff’s office said that workers with a private water company found a skull when they were clearing a path to a well head in the 100 block of Cattlemen Road, Sarasota. They called 911 at 12:40 p.m. on Wednesday.
http://wfla.com/2015/09/16/human-skull-found-in-sarasota-woods/

Photo of area skull was found at link above. Spooky looking area.

They found more remains too.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/2015/09/16/human-remains-found-sarasota-woods/32511259/
Human remains including a skull were found Wednesday afternoon in the wooded area in the 100 block of Cattlemen Road in Sarasota.

Workers with a water company found the skull as they were clearing a path to a wellhead, and then called 911 about 12:40 p.m.

Forensic Services arrived and located the rest of the remains about 50 feet south of a parking lot.

I know it's wrong, but every time human remains are found in Florida (no matter where), I always think of Haleigh Cummings. :(

I always think of Jennifer Kesse, too. So many who need to find their way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleuthster, anything new on this case yet? I can't find anything myself, but know you're from Florida.

Ok, this is crazy, i live here and didn't even hear about it. I'm by there every day on the way to my horses. Literally a few miles from my house. Very strange.

Ok, this is crazy, i live here and didn't even hear about it. I'm by there every day on the way to my horses. Literally a few miles from my house. Very strange.

Is it a rural area? I know my ex husband went to school on Fruitville at Cardinal Mooney back in the late 70's. He didn't seem to make it sound rural. Is this the area where the Mennonites have a community? Trying to picture it. Does look like it's by the interstate so it makes me think he could have been homeless or traveling by hitch hiking and got off at that exit.

Mr. Whidden may be too tall at 5'9" (69"). What is the inch length of the jeans on the unidentified man? How tall would a man be that wore that size?

Mr. Whidden may be too tall at 5'9" (69"). What is the inch length of the jeans on the unidentified man? How tall would a man be that wore that size?

My son is 5'9" and wears a 30"-31" length...

ETA: possibly 32", all depending on the cut. He likes them loose so they might need to be a bit longer if they were tighter. MOO

My son is 5'9" and wears a 30"-31" length...

ETA: possibly 32", all depending on the cut. He likes them loose so they might need to be a bit longer if they were tighter. MOO

Thanks! Would there be a way to check the cell phone after being in the dirt/rain for a year or two? Guess we have to wait and see what happens.

I would think they would be able to extricate some data from the cell phone, even if it can't be powered up maybe they can work with the innards of it. I am hopeful they can pull something useful from it if the right LEO person gets a hold of it.

ETA: it looks like DaisyMae and I had similar thoughts and were posting at the same time. GMTA!

I think he's probably a rule out IMO because of his cell phone being left at the pharmacy but I thought I'd put him because of the demographic area he went missing and the doe was found.

The cell phone is interesting to me. It's a flip phone. I haven't had one in at least 8-10 years. I do think they still make make them for Obama phones as they're called for low income people. Also, they have those flip phones for elderly and disabled though the buttons don't look that big to me like those jitterbug phones have. But, if it's one of these type OR any other there should be a way to tell who the service provider is I would think. Also, it's got the sim card and LE might be able to use to sim card to access saved phone numbers and possibly texts even siting out there in the heat/rain it may be salvageable because it was in the flip phone protected from the elements unless it was submerged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back