NJ - Medical Child Abuse case

Malinda A. Lugin, 35, was arrested June 11 on charges of second-degree endangering the welfare of a child, with conduct "sometimes referred to as Munchausen-by-proxy," the Sussex County Prosecutor's Office has said.

Lugin caused the baby, identified only as "L.L.," to be subjected to tests and surgeries, as well as to receive a feeding tube that sustained her only on a liquid baby formula known as Elecare from November 2007 through April 2014, according to a criminal complaint filed about the case.

http://www.nj.com/sussex-county/ind...an_began_abusing_child_while_still_pregn.html

Scary. This woman was a sonogram tech at a vet clinic. Veterinary Medical Center of Brooklyn

The thought that she's involved in any sort of medical care- for animals or humans. Fits the profile though.

How did NOBODY catch this? Baby formula for 7 years? Is that correct? I am running on fumes so I may be reading this wrong.

How did NOBODY catch this? Baby formula for 7 years? Is that correct? I am running on fumes so I may be reading this wrong.

Munchausen by Proxy could be difficult to figure out. With a child that young, mother would be the one describing various symptoms the child is supposedly having. Mother has medical background, so it would be easy for her to come up with a bunch of symptoms.

I don't get how a pregnant woman convinced trained doctors that her unborn child was ill and needed treatment.

I won't paint with the brush here, but these Munchausen women just LOVE the feeding tubes for their children. Not only can you make a big attention-getting production of feeding your child, but I also believe many of these mothers introduce other things to make their children sick through them.

I don't get how a pregnant woman convinced trained doctors that her unborn child was ill and needed treatment.

Nor me... Sounds a bit unlikely, actually! Will have to wait and see what the evidence is.
ATM she's still allowed to see the child, too.

Lugin, of Vernon, has been free on $20,000 bail since June 29 and is allowed only supervised visitation with the girl.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hter-unnecessary-surgeries.html#ixzz3mbq5xn6s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back