495 users online (66 members and 429 guests)  

Websleuths News

Officials Nix 911 Center Tanning Bed

Emergency dispatchers using tanning beds? Hawkins County officials are taking a dim view of the habit.

The Hawkins County 911 Board voted that the tanning bed must be removed from the Central Dispatch center - even though the employees bought it with their own money. The center handles emergency calls for fire and law enforcement departments.

Board chairman Chili Sanders said he approved putting the tanning bed on county property.

"The employees paid for it, and I told them they could put it in there, but they cannot use it while they're on the clock," Sanders told his fellow board members. "Our employees sit for 12 hours, and they get kind of stiff, so they go in there after clocking out. They say it helps - the heat on their back."
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Good call.