Health Question

kato

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a question for others who may have been or are a volunteer at a shelter. I went to the Astrodome a week ago this past Sat.. The following Sun. evening I started to get a sore throat. As Mon. was a holiday i had to wait til Tues. to go to the doc.. I woke up Tues. and knew exactly what I had. I had strep throat. I had it once about 20 yrs. ago so I knew what it felt like. Anyway, I was out of work the whole week.

Has anyone else who volunteered gotten sick or do you think it's just pure coincidence?

The incubation period for strep is 2-7 days so its a possibility. 25% of the population carry the bacteria but never get strep. (they are carriers)

When you are indoors with large crowds of people picking up the strep virus is pretty easy.

tybee204 said:
The incubation period for strep is 2-7 days so its a possibility. 25% of the population carry the bacteria but never get strep. (they are carriers)

When you are indoors with large crowds of people picking up the strep virus is pretty easy.

Thanks, ty.

We also see a lot of strep beginning the 2nd week of school opening. All of those kids getting back together and "sharing" :D

My daughter started coughing last night, and she has been back in class since Labor Day. Always seems to get something right away!

kato said:
I have a question for others who may have been or are a volunteer at a shelter. I went to the Astrodome a week ago this past Sat.. The following Sun. evening I started to get a sore throat. As Mon. was a holiday i had to wait til Tues. to go to the doc.. I woke up Tues. and knew exactly what I had. I had strep throat. I had it once about 20 yrs. ago so I knew what it felt like. Anyway, I was out of work the whole week.

Has anyone else who volunteered gotten sick or do you think it's just pure coincidence?
It's not just you. A friend of mine spoke totwo people who had volunteered in shelters in both Texas & Oklahoma, and both have come down with penumonia-like symptoms.

kato said:

I hope that you went to the doctor and got antibiotics, if it was strep. Strep is a bacterial infection and can have some serious complications, if left untreated.

Bless your heart for volunteering! :) I applaud you! :clap:

Liz said:
I hope that you went to the doctor and got antibiotics, if it was strep. Strep is a bacterial infection and can have some serious complications, if left untreated.

Bless your heart for volunteering! :) I applaud you! :clap:

Heck yYes I went to the doc. With strep you can't even swallow everything gets so swollen. Even after I started taking th antibiotics I couldn't drink or eat almost for a day and 1/2. I was sooooooo thirsty and hungry. LOL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back