Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette
12027760_1212644092086245_5546034666457977320_n.jpg

"Crowsnest Pass RCMP has issued an AMBER Alert, for the abduction of a female child today, September 14 at 3:30 AM from the town of Blairmore, Alberta. The child abducted is, Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, age 2, a caucasian female child, small build, light brown, straight hair with bangs, and brown eyes. Hailey was abducted by an unknown person. The suspect vehicle, fled the residence west, at a high rate of speed. The vehicle is described as a newer model white van, with a large rear antenna, with a flag attached. "
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/am...ild-abducted-from-blairmore-alberta-1.2562795
http://www.emergencyalert.alberta.ca/alerts/2015/09/3349.html
Family acquaintance charged in killing of abducted Alberta toddler
By: The Canadian Press Published on Wed Sep 16 2015

[...]
RCMP say Derek James Saretzky faces two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Hailey and her father Terry Blanchette, 27.

“Mr. Saretzky also faces one count of indignity to a human body in relation to Hailey’s death,” Supt. Tony Hamori said.

The girl’s body was found Tuesday near Blairmore and her father’s body was discovered in a home in the town on Monday. Hailey was the subject of an Amber Alert that stretched across Western Canada and into the United States.
Thread #1

STOP! and read this post before you proceed

Victim Friendly

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Social Media/Social Networking Links, e.g., Facebook and Twitter

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)
Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
Paraphrasing is okay.
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Not Allowed
Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.
Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual
Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them. Any exception must first be approved by an administrator or a moderator.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Quote Originally Posted by Tricia View Post
I would like to welcome all of our new members from Canada. If you have any questions please email us at websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Our good friend and journalist Levi Page will join me tonight just a few minutes past 9:00 PM EASTERN on True Crime Radio.

Chatroom opens at 8:30 PM EASTERN www.truecrimeradio.com/chat

Remember when you go to www.truecrimeradio.com at a few minutes past 9 PM Eastern click on the "Listen Now" tab at the top of the page. That takes you to the live show on iHeartRadio.com

We'll discuss the Hailey's case among others.

Tricia

Have we missed a press release or something about Haileys COD, because this shocked the pants off me. Taken from the True Crime Radio page listed above, about tonights show topics

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?290339-Canada-Hailey-Dunbar-Blanchette-2-Blairmore-AB-14-Sep-2015"

bringing this over from last thread

what is this about? I've been following the news since Hailey was reported missing and I haven't seen this reported anywhere?

when you click om the truecrime link you then have to click on iheartradio

I am sure it's true...and it just adds yet another level of devastation to this case. I am even more curious about the whole situation. Such as the why, and the how. Has it been released if Haileys blood was found at the house or just Dads?

We need otto's stills and skibadoos google map of the area over to this thread. Was the area with the blue tent over a clearing?

What kind of person can look at that little face and then want this baby dead? My mind just can not grasp these things. The whole world is just a sadder place because of the loss of this angel on earth.

Hang on, guys, please. Tricia talking about the case now. There was a mistake in the information.

http://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/fortney-social-medias-role-in-blairmore-tragedy

"Thanks to social media, that phenomenon of small-town gossip went several steps further. RCMP officials credited tips via social media sites such as Twitter for helping to quickly close in on the accused murderer, many prompted by an Amber Alert that was activated three hours after Blanchette’s body was discovered in his home Monday.

While Hailey’s 20-year-old mother, Cheyenne Dunbar, lamented publicly that she had learned of her ex-boyfriend’s murder and daughter’s disappearance on Facebook — and she also found herself addressing and quashing online rumours of a romance between her and the accused — that now decade-old social media tool has played a useful role in the story.

Mainstream media has had access to many of the friends, family and other community contacts via their postings about the tragedy; on Wednesday, people like Hailey’s grandmother, Terry-Lynn Dunbar, were posting heartbreaking stories about the effect the deaths were having on the families.

Not surprisingly, memorial sites dedicated to Hailey and her father began popping up as the tragedy was unfolding. Anyone connected to the pair was quickly putting up photographs, some even posting their own video montages of the small child’s short life. People from across Canada, and the world, were sending their condolences, while others announced the formation of candlelight vigils and balloon release ceremonies across Western Canada".

I'm confused...was what true? About the post on the last page brought over from the last thread.

Is that blue tent something that would have been put up by police to preserve the scene? It's very windy down there much of the time.

somehow a rumor looked like breaking news, the explanation is it was mistakenly posted. That is all.

I do think the blue tent is set up to preserve a crime scene because I've seen that happen in many cases but I have no idea if it was there before the crime scene tape went up around that area.

I'm confused...was what true? About the post on the last page brought over from the last thread.

Is that blue tent something that would have been put up by police to preserve the scene? It's very windy down there much of the time.

If I understand correctly, the blue tent is located where Hailey's remains were found.

I don't know if this answers your question or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni