1220 users online (220 members and 1000 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - Cole Monda, 11, Cocoa Beach, 17 September 2015

Cole Monda

Search launched for missing Cocoa Beach boy

"Police in Cocoa Beach are searching for a missing 11-year-old boy who was last seen Thursday evening.

Cocoa Beach police said Cole Monda was last seen around 6 p.m. within a few blocks of his home on Oak Avenue.

He was reported missing hours later when he did not return home, police said.

Cocoa Beach police, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Brevard County Sheriff’s Office are investigating."

http://m.clickorlando.com/news/searc...h-boy/35346820
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Authorities searching for missing 11-year-old Cocoa Beach boy

COCOA BEACH --
    A massive search began early Friday morning after an 11-year-old boy from Cocoa Beach never returned home Thursday.

Cole Monda was last seen around 6 p.m. Thursday in the area of the 130 block of Oak Drive. This area is within a few blocks of his home, according to Cocoa Beach police.

Monda was last seen wearing khaki shorts, a black shirt and no shoes. He's described to be 4 feet 2 inches and weighs about 60 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

#prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

Per WFTV...Abduction has not been ruled out.

No link.
    #prayfororlando
    #orlandostrong

Police said the dive team searched a river near where the boy was last seen as a precaution.
    A Florida Missing Child Alert has been issued.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...918-story.html

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Prayers they find Cole safe.

4'2" and 60 lbs seems awfully small for 11. My 11 year old son is 5'2" 105 and he is pretty skinny. I hope he's found safe.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...rida/72385688/
    Update, 8:30 a.m.:

Police and deputies continue to knock on doors during their search for 11-year-old Cole Monda in Cocoa Beach.

Residents in the area have reported receiving automated phone calls asking them to be on the lookout for the missing boy.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    SO scary!! I hope he is found. Frightening if he was abducted, can't even walk around his own neighborhood. Makes me so sad.

Boys at that age come in all sorts of sizes, my almost 11 year old is 70 pounds and not close to 5 feet yet.

An aside, but always in cases like this I go to Google maps and look around on Street view. It occurs to me how vulnerable people are in his neighborhood - during hurricane season, with just a good gentle rain the house would be underwater. They're barely above water on a dry day. And for last-minuter's, who wait until it's dangerous to leave, there's only one long, long stretch of highway for everyone to use to get to safety. I can't imagine what that place is like during a busy hurricane season.

Prayers this child is found safe.

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
    http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...rida/72385688/
    Update, 8:30 a.m.:

Police and deputies continue to knock on doors during their search for 11-year-old Cole Monda in Cocoa Beach.

Residents in the area have reported receiving automated phone calls asking them to be on the lookout for the missing boy.
    With that link, "Police believe they have found a bicycle and helmet belonging to Cole Monda."

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    An aside, but always in cases like this I go to Google maps and look around on Street view. It occurs to me how vulnerable people are in his neighborhood - during hurricane season, with just a good gentle rain the house would be underwater. They're barely above water on a dry day. And for last-minuter's, who wait until it's dangerous to leave, there's only one long, long stretch of highway for everyone to use to get to safety. I can't imagine what that place is like during a busy hurricane season.

Prayers this child is found safe.
    I always thought about that too. I stayed in Cocoa beach years ago, and drove that road. I wonder about flooding.

Jackie Orozco ‏@ReporterJackie 1h1 hour ago

#update 11yr old boy's dad IS in law enforcement. We were just briefed by Cocoa Beach PD #FOX35 #GDO #FindCole

Jackie Orozco ‏@ReporterJackie 2h2 hours ago Cocoa Beach, FL

#Breaking Melbourne Police just told me #FDLE just issued "Child Abduction Response Team" #CART to find missing 11yr Cole Monda #fox35 #GDO

https://twitter.com/ReporterJackie
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by NJJohn View Post
    4'2" and 60 lbs seems awfully small for 11. My 11 year old son is 5'2" 105 and he is pretty skinny. I hope he's found safe.
    Oh man, that is very small. Small kids are easily manhandled. Where are you , Cole?

LuAnne Sorrell ‏@luannesorrell 7m7 minutes ago

#BREAKING: SON OF COCOA BEACH POLICE OFFICER MISSING!

https://twitter.com/luannesorrell
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast