1489 users online (304 members and 1185 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 912
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    145

    TX - Christina Marie Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #40 -*Arrest*

    Frustrating that it's taken them so long to test the shop vac.

    And confused about whoever mentioned content of phone conversations. Maybe it was a different article or reference.

    This is all so infuriating! I wish peace for her family and loved ones!!

    ETA - thanks to all for contributing and keeping this moving for Christina

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    12,790
    Quote Originally Posted by leep View Post
    This is good news, I don't mind when the trial takes place as long as he gets the injection MOO.

    O/T you guys over the pond need to get on to congress or whoever and sort out your crimes labs taking 6 months to a year to test crucial DNA samples, over here in the UK it only takes 48 hours if not sooner to get results back maybe it's because of the size of our country but it shouldn't take sometimes a year to get DNA tests back IMO.
    Not to make light of this situation but Maury Povich seems to be the only one who has a fast acting DNA lab.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    82
    http://m.starlocalmedia.com/allename....html?mode=jqm

    Brittany Feagans from the Plano Star C has the best article I have had the chance to read so far. It tells one poor excuse (trying to find a loophole in desperation) why EA'S defense team doesn't want his hundreds of phone calls made from the jail used in his trial. Apparently they have not even been all translated yet but we all know EA has no common sense, like when he invited every news team in Dallas to his home to tell lies and play the victim. So I would have to bet he said a bunch of stupid stuff in the phone. Or his attorney would not care so much. Jmo

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    461
    I still believe that EA is the guy, but could someone please explain why the police are just now initiating testing of this shop vac? The evidence has been in their possession for almost a year, it has been reported that there are detectives assigned to this case specifically.

    I'm trying to figure out whether this means that they are not confident about the evidence that they already have accumulated, perhaps they just thought about testing this hair now, but that doesn't seem likely to me. A delay tactic possibly, if so, why?

    IIRC, a VI had indicated last fall that EA had a shop vac with him at Sprint on the Saturday after CM disappeared and that he had brought it from home. Could it actually have been a Sprint owned shop vac? Either way, it still begs the question that if the VI was aware of it last fall, why wait until now to test hair in it?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,468
    Here's a fairly recent article about hair DNA. Apparently, hair is not the best or easiest source to obtain DNA...

    http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/...s-hair-samples

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,142
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    No telling what he may have said, and it may be a big to-do about nothing. But I can't imagine that the court would disallow the use of those conversations. There is no legal "right to privacy" on a public phone conversation in prison. LE is allowed to snoop around and listen to what suspects say in public, without announcing they are listening. It's called gathering evidence.
    In the 2 county jails in which I have worked, there are signs posted saying all calls are recorded. If there aren't, doesn't it seem like it's the defense attorney's job to inform his client to be discreet during phone calls?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by zippixx View Post
    Here's a fairly recent article about hair DNA. Apparently, hair is not the best or easiest source to obtain DNA...

    http://www.forensicmag.com/articles/...s-hair-samples
    That was interesting! Thanks for that link. It's a bit disheartening though to think that the hairs may not even yield the DNA samples they are looking for: the article talked about how the probability of getting a good DNA sample was pretty low, even with a root attached, and without a root even lower, especially if the hair was colored/bleached.

    It seems like this is definitely a delay tactic, since even WE knew about the ShopVac incident way back when. (Oye! The ShopVac!! Second only to The Keys in the list of topics to make you want to rip your hair out! --No pun intended, due to topic being discussed at the moment!!)

    Additionally, the reports are that they already found a substantial amount of her DNA in his trunk, so what does an errant hair add to the evidence?? They were hanging around each other all night. They had been at PP's apartment partying. Surely they could have sat on the same couch even. She is seen wearing a hat in the video, but in the photo of the 5 girls early in the evening she doesn't have it on. Who knows? He could have even put that hat on his head for a minute and one of her hairs got on his jacket which later got in his car.

    For the record, I do believe she was in his vehicle that night, so I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that a hair seems pretty insignificant if they have so much DNA evidence in the trunk of his vehicle already. That's my concern here. Do they really have enough rock solid evidence?? Is the DNA evidence from the trunk actually a substantial amount of blood? Could it actually be something else that would allow the defense to reason it away? That's worrisome. I thought the prosecutors had this in the bag, but now I'm questioning what they need this delay for. Even having enough evidence for the AK conviction would land him in jail and they could have YEARS to find her and build a case for murder against him. Are they worried they don't even have enough to make the AK charge stick? Definitely concerning.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    461
    I agree on the worrisome aspect to law enforcement now wanting to delay the trial for this hair testing. I am having difficulty looking at this as much more than insecurity from the prosecution on the case that they have.

    However, a couple of thoughts that I've had that could be involved are:
    1) a delay tactic designed to put the rape trial ahead of the AK trial;
    2) a delay tactic to provide a few more weeks in the hope of finding CM's body;
    3) a delay tactic simply because prosecution likes the idea that incarcerating the most likely perp without a conviction is in the greater good of society, after all, they may lose when trial occurs;
    4) Prosecution is concerned that too much of their evidence has been acquired illegally and won't be allowed in the trial.

    Personally, I hope that the judge is able to see through the ruse and doesn't grant the delay. Prosecution has had enough time to test this type of evidence so if they missed the testing because of their own laziness, then EA shouldn't be hurt because of it.

    On a side note, I also find the comment in the article regarding EA slumping his shoulders at pre-trial was interesting. If I was innocent (or even guilty, but felt like I would be found not guilty), I would slump my shoulders as well at the idea of being in jail for a few weeks longer than necessary because the prosecution has been slow to test.
    Last edited by Doj1234; 09-20-2015 at 04:44 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,161
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieM View Post
    That was interesting! Thanks for that link. It's a bit disheartening though to think that the hairs may not even yield the DNA samples they are looking for: the article talked about how the probability of getting a good DNA sample was pretty low, even with a root attached, and without a root even lower, especially if the hair was colored/bleached.

    It seems like this is definitely a delay tactic, since even WE knew about the ShopVac incident way back when. (Oye! The ShopVac!! Second only to The Keys in the list of topics to make you want to rip your hair out! --No pun intended, due to topic being discussed at the moment!!)

    Additionally, the reports are that they already found a substantial amount of her DNA in his trunk, so what does an errant hair add to the evidence?? They were hanging around each other all night. They had been at PP's apartment partying. Surely they could have sat on the same couch even. She is seen wearing a hat in the video, but in the photo of the 5 girls early in the evening she doesn't have it on. Who knows? He could have even put that hat on his head for a minute and one of her hairs got on his jacket which later got in his car.

    For the record, I do believe she was in his vehicle that night, so I'm not disputing that. All I'm saying is that a hair seems pretty insignificant if they have so much DNA evidence in the trunk of his vehicle already. That's my concern here. Do they really have enough rock solid evidence?? Is the DNA evidence from the trunk actually a substantial amount of blood? Could it actually be something else that would allow the defense to reason it away? That's worrisome. I thought the prosecutors had this in the bag, but now I'm questioning what they need this delay for. Even having enough evidence for the AK conviction would land him in jail and they could have YEARS to find her and build a case for murder against him. Are they worried they don't even have enough to make the AK charge stick? Definitely concerning.
    Maybe they think someone else was there possibly!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Land of Ago
    Posts
    15,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Doj1234 View Post
    I agree on the worrisome aspect to law enforcement now wanting to delay the trial for this hair testing. I am having difficulty looking at this as much more than insecurity from the prosecution on the case that they have.

    However, a couple of thoughts that I've had that could be involved are:
    1) a delay tactic designed to put the rape trial ahead of the AK trial;
    2) a delay tactic to provide a few more weeks in the hope of finding CM's body;
    3) a delay tactic simply because prosecution likes the idea that incarcerating the most likely perp without a conviction is in the greater good of society, after all, they may lose when trial occurs;
    4) Prosecution is concerned that too much of their evidence has been acquired illegally and won't be allowed in the trial.

    Personally, I hope that the judge is able to see through the ruse and doesn't grant the delay. Prosecution has had enough time to test this type of evidence so if they missed the testing because of their own laziness, then EA shouldn't be hurt because of it.

    On a side note, I also find the comment in the article regarding EA slumping his shoulders at pre-trial was interesting. If I was innocent (or even guilty, but felt like I would be found not guilty), I would slump my shoulders as well at the idea of being in jail for a few weeks longer than necessary because the prosecution has been slow to test.
    I agree, I hope the delay is denied, even if her hair was found it's too easily explained away by the defense, the prosecution does not need to help them create reasonable doubt, if they had enough evidence to charge him, go to trial with it and stop hoping a smoking gun will turn up. I do think EA did it, I don't think anyone else could have disappeared her, go to trial and prove it, prosecution, you had the evidence to charge him, you better have it to convict him.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Maybe they think someone else was there possibly!
    Bingo!

    (IMO)
    IMO JMO
    -------------------------------------------
    Find Heather
    Find Eric Lee Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/FindEricFranks?ref=bookmarks


    "Opinions are like buttholes. Everyone has one." Mikayoyo

  12. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Momoffourboys View Post
    Bingo!

    (IMO)
    Yep. I still cannot get past there being someoe else involved. I don't know who, but I have that feeling. MOO
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    1,468
    It's somewhat unclear to me what the true significance of the "found hairs" might be. No matter where the hairs originated from, they could be "transfer" hair, from anyone CM or EA was in contact with, or anyone that rode in his car & could be viewed as just that, by either the prosecution or defense. Maybe LE wants to slam EA & his defense with some more type of evidence, in hopes of a confession...? Or else, they just want every bit of evidence possibly obtainable, to leave the jury with no doubt.. Or maybe as another poster stated, they want the SA case to come first.. dunno...

    ETA: Why it is just now being analyzed for evidence is beyond me...
    Last edited by zippixx; 09-20-2015 at 09:37 PM.

  14. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by zippixx View Post
    It's somewhat unclear to me what the true significance of the "found hairs" might be. No matter where the hairs originated from, they could be "transfer" hair, from anyone CM or EA was in contact with, or anyone that rode in his car & could be viewed as just that, by either the prosecution or defense. Maybe LE wants to slam EA & his defense with some more type of evidence, in hopes of a confession...? Or else, they just want every bit of evidence possibly obtainable, to leave the jury with no doubt.. Or maybe as another poster stated, they want the SA case to come first.. dunno...

    ETA: Why it is just now being analyzed for evidence is beyond me...
    I really feel for Jonni ad family. I hate that this is being drug out further and over something they have had for a long time. I really hope it's not a case of them having nothing and trying to grasp at straws. They obviously have enough for the indictment so why he delay on this and the just now testing hair. I don't get itt. Are they possibly feeling like they're close to finding her body so they are hoping to get tthe murder indicttment? I don't know but itt sucks that Christina's family is suffering and just want justice alreay.
    EVERYTHING I POST IS EITHER MY OPINION, MY EXPERIENCE OR MY BELIEF. MOOYAH

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    By the Lake
    Posts
    4,917
    The Texas Dept. of Public Safety does this type of forensic testing at only 4 labs...in the GIANT state of Texas.

    This shopvac was not immediately dismantled when it arrived at the lab. It was logged into evidence, assigned a priority...and sat there for most of the last year while the forensic technicians worked on other cases that came in before this case.

    I agree, it's frustrating. But, I'm glad the DA is making every effort to collect evidence to convict EA. M

    It's also not uncommon for these high profile cases to take 2 or more years to finally go to trial. If it's not the state asking for a continuance...the defense team is requesting one.

    I haven't been here lately, but still follow this case since I live in the area.

    Still hoping for a miracle but feel she's gone and EA is responsible.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just striving to be average.

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1005
    Last Post: 04-16-2015, 02:43 PM
  2. Replies: 961
    Last Post: 01-05-2015, 09:13 PM
  3. Replies: 1007
    Last Post: 12-31-2014, 06:09 PM
  4. Replies: 968
    Last Post: 09-20-2014, 10:47 PM
  5. TX TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 August 2014 - #3 *Arrest*
    By OkieGranny in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 1381
    Last Post: 09-14-2014, 07:13 PM

Tags for this Thread