797 users online (108 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Major power failure in Los Angeles!

Watching Fox now - there is a major power failure of UNKNOWN ORIGIN in Los Angeles. Gee, I wonder if there is any connection to the terrorist message from the "American" threatening Los Angeles?

YIKES, scary thought

OOOPS!! I forgot about this new forum...please ignore my thread in the Jury Room...sorry...

lynie

PS...they think it is due to a power line being cut in half. Must be a mighty big power line!

No Kidding!!!!

FULL STORY: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169177,00.html

LOS ANGELES A major portion of Los Angeles lost power Monday afternoon and officials said early indications were that a power line was accidentally cut.

Outages were reported from downtown to the coast and north into the San Fernando Valley, according to the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power.

A Los Angeles Fire Department official said it appeared a line somehow had been cut.

Terrorism was not suspected, according to police Sgt. Catherine Plows, though the Los Angeles Police Department went on "full tactical alert," meaning no officers were allowed to leave duty.

Traffic was snarled at intersections throughout the city when stoplights went dark.

Fire officials said they received reports of people stuck in elevators and traffic was snarled at intersections throughout the city when stop lights went dark. Some neighboring cities also were affected.

The weather did not appear to be a factor; skies were overcast in the region.

Stephanie McCorkle, spokeswoman for the California Independent System Operator, said grid managers were watching the outage closely, but had no additional information.

When power went out about 1:15 PDT, some feared there was a connection to terrorism a concern made stronger because of a newly-discovered video tape purportedly made by an American member of Al Qaeda.

Yes - a power line cut in the San Fernando Valley area. Ripple affect took place. Power is now coming back on gradually according to MSNBC & FOX.

Spoke to my sister - Mountain top in Topanga Canyon (LA area) - somehow, they escaped losing power.

Thank God, it wasn't a terrorist strike!

13th Juror

One power line caused all that havoc??? Musta been one heck of a power line!! Hope its back on soon. I'd hate to be stuck in an elevator.

That is scary........ and was it yesterday that this tape was aired?? I've been so innundated w/ news lately that my days are mixed up - but if it was yesterday the first time this tape aired, and I know that tape said "Tomorrow, Los Angeles" ..... I know it may not have literally meant "tomorrow", since the London bombings were described as "Yesterday" - but very coincidental....

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    Watching Fox now - there is a major power failure of UNKNOWN ORIGIN in Los Angeles. Gee, I wonder if there is any connection to the terrorist message from the "American" threatening Los Angeles?

President Bush had better be on his way to Los Angeles with a few thousand flashlights to help these people!!
    He's guilty. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Betsy
    President Bush had better be on his way to Los Angeles with a few thousand flashlights to help these people!!

LMAO

Would that his dad's thousand points of light?

I don't think that "terror" tape was serious. Looked like another wanna be making a tape in his basement. I'm pretty sure LAPD debunked it.

Glad to hear the power came back on though! Probably caused a lot of panic!

I now know that Pepsi, while tasting good going into your mouth, burns like all heck when coming out the nose during a fit of laughter.

GOOD ONE Betsy!!
    Suzi

Reputation is what you are in the light.
    Character is what you are in the dark.