FL - Trenton Cason-Collins, 6 mos, dies in hot car, Deltona, 18 Sept 2015

And the parent/caregiver had just been so busy and so distracted lately................

They have not said this was done by a parent. They are saying the person "was a family member".

Car parked at 7:00AM at a school where the caregiver works as a teacher. Child's body not discovered until the end of the day, around 4:00PM.

Unreal, just unreal that someone had responsibility for this poor little baby and never thought about him even one time all day long.

Is anybody but me getting tired of hearing the old "this could happen to anyone". I do NOT believe that to be true. And I've read all the sad stories of those who did this. And the explanations about "didn't sleep the night before", "change in routine", etc. etc.

How about the theory that in each case it was a person who was so centered on their own life, on THEIR needs, desires, and plans, that they just plumb forgot that they were responsible for the very LIFE of another human being? That's pretty damn self centered.

There are publicized measures to prevent these things from happening. Are any of these caregivers of babies - and especially in Florida and especially in the summertime - giving even a minute of their time to learning about this? To taking any preventative steps, such as: placing a large stuffed animal onto the front seat of the car; putting your purse in the back seat with the baby; taking off a shoe and putting it on the back seat. No? Why not?

I do have sympathy for the family. But these deaths are PREVENTABLE!

I wondering if she was suppose to drop the baby off somewhere. And looks like she backed into the spot. Don't 6 months make noise. This is just getting so frustrating, I think it is time to start charging people. Maybe it will save some babies lives. I'll wait patiently for more of the story. 9 hours and no one thought to wonder where the baby was.

IMO it's murder. Plain and simple. Negligence and "oops" don't work for me.

I wondering if she was suppose to drop the baby off somewhere. And looks like she backed into the spot. Don't 6 months make noise. This is just getting so frustrating, I think it is time to start charging people. Maybe it will save some babies lives. I'll wait patiently for more of the story. 9 hours and no one thought to wonder where the baby was.

In reference to the spot, I went to maps and on street view there is a van backed in the same spot. The entrance to the building appears to be directly in front or where the van is parked.jmo idk

And the parent/caregiver had just been so busy and so distracted lately................

They have not said this was done by a parent. They are saying the person "was a family member".

Car parked at 7:00AM at a school where the caregiver works as a teacher. Child's body not discovered until the end of the day, around 4:00PM.

Unreal, just unreal that someone had responsibility for this poor little baby and never thought about him even one time all day long.

Is anybody but me getting tired of hearing the old "this could happen to anyone". I do NOT believe that to be true. And I've read all the sad stories of those who did this. And the explanations about "didn't sleep the night before", "change in routine", etc. etc.

How about the theory that in each case it was a person who was so centered on their own life, on THEIR needs, desires, and plans, that they just plumb forgot that they were responsible for the very LIFE of another human being? That's pretty damn self centered.

There are publicized measures to prevent these things from happening. Are any of these caregivers of babies - and especially in Florida and especially in the summertime - giving even a minute of their time to learning about this? To taking any preventative steps, such as: placing a large stuffed animal onto the front seat of the car; putting your purse in the back seat with the baby; taking off a shoe and putting it on the back seat. No? Why not?

I do have sympathy for the family. But these deaths are PREVENTABLE!

I couldn't agree more. This couldn't "happen to anyone." It happens to people who aren't very bonded with the child, be it their own or someone else's. Call me crazy but I have never gone an hour without thinking about my kids no matter where I was or what kind of stress I was under. They are 15 and 21 and they still cross my mind every hour of every day, because being a mom is who I am, period. Only people who don't feel that way have this "accident" happen to them. Sorry if it is politically incorrect to say so, but these people just don't love their kids that much. It's that simple. :(. At least there is hope that this one will be charged. Since the baby was apparently not the killer's biological or adopted child, the "she's suffered enough" or "no punishment would equal what she's already going through" excuse should not apply.

Sorry but there is no excuse for this kind of tragedy. We are not talking about forgetting your phone or your lunch in your car, we're talking about a precious, innocent, helpless little baby. I have no sympathy for any parent or caregiver who does this, none whatsoever. May they be forever haunted.

I do try to be compassionate but it is hard for me to understand. How the heck do you forget about your baby? I only had two, but they were constantly on my mind. It is really hard to get how someone is so disconnected from their little baby that they can put them in the carseat and then totally forget they are there. I was constantly looking in my mirror to make sure they were still breathing and not choking on anything or unbuckled etc. I do not get how someone can just forget their baby is right there with them when they park their car. When I park and leave my car I am scanning it to make sure I have my keys, my purse , my phone, ---is it valid parking place, am I inside the lines, etc. I cannot believe I would not notice my precious baby.

When I back up to park or any other reason I'm backing up, I grab the back of the passenger seat and twist my body to look out the back window. You get a clear view of the back seat. Do any of you do this?

When I back up to park or any other reason I'm backing up, I grab the back of the passenger seat and twist my body to look out the back window. You get a clear view of the back seat. Do any of you do this?

I don't do this full body twist as much since I got a car with a back-up camera, but I do still instinctively turn around to look back, even with the camera. I suppose if someone had a back-up camera and was young enough that they never had to drive without one, you might be able to go from point A to point B and even back into a spot without turning your head or body. Still no excuse, though.

My child is still, as a young adult, the focus of my life. My wonderful hubby knows that and encourages it.

When she was a baby, I KNEW it was ME, and only ME, who was her caregiver. Her Dad was great but traveled most of the time, which made me a single parent in most respects.

No excuse, no passes. If babies could care for themselves, they wouldn't need the care of adults. Adults who fail to give that care just plain suck.

My child is still, as a young adult, the focus of my life. My wonderful hubby knows that and encourages it.

When she was a baby, I KNEW it was ME, and only ME, who was her caregiver. Her Dad was great but traveled most of the time, which made me a single parent in most respects.

No excuse, no passes. If babies could care for themselves, they wouldn't need the care of adults. Adults who fail to give that care just plain suck.

I totally agree.

I wonder if these people don't have some sort of an attention deficit disorder? In studying these cases, perhaps instead of adopting the "this could happen to anyone" theory, researchers ought to be looking into what common denominator they find in these folks.

I wonder if these people don't have some sort of an attention deficit disorder? In studying these cases, perhaps instead of adopting the "this could happen to anyone" theory, researchers ought to be looking into what common denominator they find in these folks.

I agree, there is something fundamentally different about people who can make this sort of mistake. I feel very strongly that this only happens to a certain subgroup of people. I am not saying they are inferior to those of us who KNOW we would never do this, but they may be inferior caregivers. They are probably better than I am at a multitude of things, but if they are going to care for a child they need a lot of external supports and reminders put in place for them to avoid a horrendous accident. I feel like I think more about my kids when I am under stress. Obviously these people don't. They are probably a lot more productive employees than I am.

I don't think these people are more productive employees or better at anything else. I think they are most likely inferior at everything they do.

Seriously, who doesn't just do a once over when leaving their car? I bet they are on their "smart" phone texting, talking, posting to a SM site.

It's time for EVERYONE to SLOW DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION! I am SO SO SO sick of reading about these cooked to death babies!

There should never have been a time when the person who left the child in the car was not charged. And what profession and what race means nothing when you leave a human being that you are responsible for to die in a locked vehicle with the Windows rolled up in the sunshine.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ch...dead-in-car-at-deltona-middle-school/35388910

Something is very off about this family. Nobody ever bonded with this sweet baby. BOTH parents were so "down and out" that they had to give BOTH of their children to a relative with a full-time job (teaching is crazy-hectic in September) and at least one child of her own, but they aren't too busy "getting back on their feet" to turn up for news cameras and start a fundraising page for funeral expenses? Something stinks.

Sorry but there is no excuse for this kind of tragedy. We are not talking about forgetting your phone or your lunch in your car, we're talking about a precious, innocent, helpless little baby. I have no sympathy for any parent or caregiver who does this, none whatsoever. May they be forever haunted.

Deltona, Florida---and I distinctly recall when I lived in Florida there were always TV and radio warnings about leaving CHILDREN AND PETS IN HOT CARS for any length of time year-round.

I'm with other people who have posted on other cases and I'm not convinced every single case of this isn't premeditated (not making the judgment here, but just saying). If it takes charging people to get this to stop, I'm all for it.

ETA: Good Lord and there's another one in Ohio I just read about. http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-accident-outside-ohio-walmart-police-n432796

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back