865 users online (184 members and 681 guests)  

Websleuths News

HI - Julia Sollazo, 24, UH student, Hilo, 18 Sept 2015

The Hawai段 Police Department is searching for a missing 24-year-old woman, from Wisconsin, who was last seen on the evening of Sept. 18 at a University of Hawai段 at Hilo dormitory.

HPD says the woman, who has been identified as Julia Sollazo, is Caucasian, 5-foot-3 and 130 pounds. She has blonde hair and blue eyes.

http://bigislandnow.com/2015/09/20/p...sconsin-woman/

Was it her dorm, or just "a" dorm room? Is she a student there? She's a little old to be a student in a dorm - usually only underclassmen stay there.

Instagram. Beautiful quote on the 5th picture from 2 weeks ago. She just got a new job at UH in Hilo a week ago.

https://instagram.com/jewels.1/
    Last edited by jaragaki; 09-21-2015 at 12:19 PM.

From her instagram, she arrived in HI a month ago. Registration, advising etc was Aug 19-23. Someone asked if this is where she goes to school and she said yes. I'm thinking the job is a student job. I've been in the dorms at UHH and they are cinder block which is the background of a couple of her photos and it looks like there are beds.

I hope she's ok but this doesn't sound very good.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    I believe that is her mother's Facebook.
    Exactly, not Julia's FB. It doesn't seem like Julia has a FB that's linked through her mom's or sister's account.

According to her IG, not only did she just get a job at UH but it seems that she just started classes there, as well.

I wonder who reported her missing? A roommate? The RA? Her employer?

Where are you Julia?!
    Last edited by MamaJoJo; 09-21-2015 at 01:07 PM. Reason: clarification

She has been missing since Friday? I live where she went missng, Hilo. And...my friend on WS, is the one that first tells me about her! Why has it not be plastered on Hawaii News Now or reported to the public so we all can keep our eyes open? As we speak, there is a helicopter sweeping up and down the river still looking for the missing swimmer, Jolee Reiswig. Granted, she was swept away in the river a block over from my house.

Julia appears to have done a lot of exploring since she arrived a month ago. I hope she is ok!! My fear is that police thought this was a runaway and didn't immediately take it seriously. Maybe she did runaway but that seems odd because she just got here. We have had torrential rains for days. Was yesterday the first day it was in the news? I have workers coming so I will have to get things going around here but I will be back!
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

I wonder if her family knows that she's missing? The reason I say that is because I went to some of her family's instagrams and they are posting today like there is no problem. She also posted on someone's instagram picture 2 days ago....that would be the 19th???

I'm sure by now LE has let her family know she is missing.

http://www.hawaiipolice.com/09-21-15...-julia-sollazo

Little to no coverage. Nothing on the UH of Hilo website that I can find. I hope I never go missing here.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

according to the fb of a local Christian group that knows her, she is not missing. It was a misunderstanding. Will look for confirmation from LE

Quote Originally Posted by lucky181 View Post
    according to the fb of a local Christian group that knows her, she is not missing. It was a misunderstanding. Will look for confirmation from LE
    I wonder how it went so far to have the police involved? She should be in classes today unless she skipped.

Hawaiʻi Island police have located 24-year-old Julia Sollazo of Wisconsin, who was reported missing.
    She was found in Hilo unharmed and in good health at 11:50 a.m. Monday (September 21)
    http://www.hawaiipolice.com/09-21-15...-julie-sollazo