1080 users online (191 members and 889 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Do the Florida sunshine laws cover related search warrants obtained and/or executed in Missouri or other states?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    Do the Florida sunshine laws cover related search warrants obtained and/or executed in Missouri or other states?

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk
    Those search warrants (and more importantly the returns on the warrants showing what was found) would end up in the files of the Florida LE working on the case, so they would be subject to the Sunshine Laws at that point.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...139910&page=94

AZ (if your out there) If MS came to u with this case would u tell him to remain silent?
    Would LE want him to remain silent ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    AZ (if your out there) If MS came to u with this case would u tell him to remain silent?
    Would LE want him to remain silent ?
    I don't do criminal defense, except at the appellate level. But the answer would be the same in almost any case. The defense attorney would tell the client not to talk, and LE would want them to talk.

"It would seem to me that June 16, 2008 was the last time that the victim was viewed by her grandparents. It became quite evident that from the OS of the Defense that the 16th was a date of great importance and that a so called time line of activities dealing with CA, LA, GA and ICA on the 16th and what, if any, activities took place on the 15th, 16th and 17th of June on 24 hour cycles would have been, at least, of a minimal requirement of review. I take it at some point you had a computer expert look at that data?" HHJP, 6/21/11

Can the grand jury convene before both suspects are in state ?IF motion to separate is filed does that change grand jury processe?

Quote Originally Posted by noel leon View Post
    Can the grand jury convene before both suspects are in state ?IF motion to separate is filed does that change grand jury processe?
    Oh yes, the grand jury might be in session as we speak, and might be considering not just CWW & JR but other suspect(s) as well.

A motion to separate CWW's case from JR's wouldn't affect the grand jury process, and likely wouldn't be filed until a trial date was approaching in any event.

AZ, for several days I have been trying to find out where JR is in prison. He is not listed in Missouri or Florida. The BOP has a 25 year old Jimmy Rodgers, but lists him as not in BOP custody. It has been suggested that he is not in BOP custody because he is still being processed and in the marshals care. Any ideas?

I am confused from the discussion on page 1 regarding CWW being a POI in MO over a missing man RB. If CWW is only a POI, why would he admit guilt in this case? Would CWW not be adding more jail time to his life?

There is always that chance he won't be found guilty in the MO case or the FL case, however, as it stands now, his chances of being found innocent in FL are slim to none. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    AZ, for several days I have been trying to find out where JR is in prison. He is not listed in Missouri or Florida. The BOP has a 25 year old Jimmy Rodgers, but lists him as not in BOP custody. It has been suggested that he is not in BOP custody because he is still being processed and in the marshals care. Any ideas?
    In transit, being processed into a new facility, staff delay in entering information, staff error, temporarily in custody of a state facility by agreement of Feds...

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    I am confused from the discussion on page 1 regarding CWW being a POI in MO over a missing man RB. If CWW is only a POI, why would he admit guilt in this case? Would CWW not be adding more jail time to his life?

There is always that chance he won't be found guilty in the MO case or the FL case, however, as it stands now, his chances of being found innocent in FL are slim to none. IMO.
    I don't think this is a legal question.

Grand Jury – Suspect Attend/Testify?

During grand jury proceedings, does the suspect have the legal ‘right’ to testify?

Does the suspect have the legal ‘right’ to be present in the grand jury room and observe all testimony as the grand jurors are considering whether to indict?

In the Ferguson, MO grand jury proceedings last year in which a police officer was not indicted for killing a man, it was reported as unusual that the police officer testified to the grand jury. Apparently, the police officer (suspect) was invited to testify.

For the Sievers murder, if/when a grand jury is convened for considering indictments of First Degree Murder charges for CWW, JR and/or other suspects, would those suspects be invited to the Grand Jury proceedings to observe and/or testify?

As I understand it, the defense attorneys are not permitted in the grand jury room.

Quote Originally Posted by SeesSeas View Post
    During grand jury proceedings, does the suspect have the legal ‘right’ to testify?

Does the suspect have the legal ‘right’ to be present in the grand jury room and observe all testimony as the grand jurors are considering whether to indict?

In the Ferguson, MO grand jury proceedings last year in which a police officer was not indicted for killing a man, it was reported as unusual that the police officer testified to the grand jury. Apparently, the police officer (suspect) was invited to testify.

For the Sievers murder, if/when a grand jury is convened for considering indictments of First Degree Murder charges for CWW, JR and/or other suspects, would those suspects be invited to the Grand Jury proceedings to observe and/or testify?

As I understand it, the defense attorneys are not permitted in the grand jury room.
    Normally defendants and their counsel are not invited to or even notified of grand jury proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by AZlawyer View Post
    In transit, being processed into a new facility, staff delay in entering information, staff error, temporarily in custody of a state facility by agreement of Feds...

I don't think this is a legal question.
    What legal benefits are there for CW to discuss the RB case with LE? If his lawyer approves, of course. Would they only wait until if and when the death penalty is on the table? Would that be the only reason to discuss it as he is only a POI now?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom4 View Post
    What legal benefits are there for CW to discuss the RB case with LE? If his lawyer approves, of course. Would they only wait until if and when the death penalty is on the table? Would that be the only reason to discuss it as he is only a POI now?
    It absolutely depends what kind of evidence they have against him on that case--or what kind of evidence they can GET against him once his friends and neighbors feel safe talking! The point of talking to LE (carefully and with lawyer assistance) would be to convince LE, for example, that the situation was not as bad as it looked and perhaps a plea to a lesser charge would be the most appropriate resolution. Or even to convince LE that they were on the wrong track and that CWW could help them find the real killer.

Cww appeal

AZLawyer,

when CWW comes down to Florida he has the option off appealing the case. Will that delay Fl Sunshine Law regarding the
    existing case file or will the documents be accessible?

I am confused because of the last two paragraphs in this link saying:

'What happens now? According to deputies, there is a 30-day window to bring Wright back to Lee County.

Once here, we're told Wright will then have the option of appealing his case all over again -- meaning it could be some time before we get any new details about his alleged role in the murder.'

[Bold mine]

Thank you!

-Nin
    If the key does not fit, it's the wrong key.

Quote Originally Posted by No it's not View Post
    AZLawyer,

when CWW comes down to Florida he has the option off appealing the case. Will that delay Fl Sunshine Law regarding the
    existing case file or will the documents be accessible?

I am confused because of the last two paragraphs in this link saying:

'What happens now? According to deputies, there is a 30-day window to bring Wright back to Lee County.

Once here, we're told Wright will then have the option of appealing his case all over again -- meaning it could be some time before we get any new details about his alleged role in the murder.'

[Bold mine]

Thank you!

-Nin
    I honestly have no idea what that means. You can't appeal something if you've waived your objections to it. And an appeal wouldn't affect the operation of the Sunshine Laws.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast