1101 users online (173 members and 928 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1021

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,736

    MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

    Toddler’s remains found on Deer Island
    The remains of a female toddler were found on Deer Island Thursday, a State Police official said.
    A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation said investigators believe the child’s remains may have washed up on shore.
    Deer Island is home to a sewage treatment plant and connects to the town of Winthrop.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...BaK/story.html

    http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1250459/1

    NamUs

    Boyfriend of 'Baby Doe's' mother held without bail; mom's bail set at $1M
    Updated 5:52 PM ET, Mon September 21, 2015
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/us/bos...y-doe-charges/

    Bella Bond

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,888
    From previous thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by AmyPond View Post

    I have to admit...I am wondering if LE knows a lot more and that's why they think MM did it. Because by outward appearnces, I wouldn't be surprised if RB was the one who actually killed poor, little Bella. <snipped>
    It seems that once the bio father made contact and RB knew he was back on the scene, she realized she couldn't put him off forever on Bella's whereabouts and concocted a story to try to minimize her involvement in Bella's death.

    The way I see it, there are three possibilities: RB acted alone in killing Bella; MM acted alone; they acted together.

    I hope LE has evidence to prove who the actual culprit(s) is(are), because I wouldn't take RB's word that the sky is blue. At this point, I still have absolutely no idea what happened to Bella or who killed her. The only thing I know for sure is that RB obviously knew Bella was dead, and it certainly was in her interests to come up with a story to save her own hide as much as possible.

    "We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake." - Marie Beynon Ray



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12
    Hello Im a pro lurker and have been for years on many cases. I think you all are wonderful and I enjoy reading your post. A huge websleuths fan!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada "A"
    Posts
    11,979
    Quote Originally Posted by kays mom View Post
    Hello Im a pro lurker and have been for years on many cases. I think you all are wonderful and I enjoy reading your post. A huge websleuths fan!
    So glad you came out of lurkdom. This case has generated so many new faces. Chime in when you feel comfortable. Looking forward to reading your thoughts.
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North of Boston
    Posts
    4,199
    Just to bring my last thought forward;

    There are conflicting reports about where Baby Bella's lifeless body was thrown away. Placed on Deer Island I never bought it. That narrow road and carrying a 30 pound bag is not on my radar.

    This report; http://wgbhnews.org/post/baby-doe-mo...bail-boyfriend

    "The pair used a large amount of heroin before McCarthy dumped Bella's body in the water by the Seaport District. Bond, the DA's office says, called the baby a "demon."

    Here is a map of the "Seaport District". I am well familiar with it. Wharves everywhere and deep water.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Se...7eb0e04b6892d9

    Earlier reports said she was deposited near "City Point". I posted that map earlier.

    But in court today the Prosecutor clearly said "seaport District".

    That area has the bag flowing directly toward Deer Island, IMO


    ETA: The DA in court clearly said he "put the bag into a duffle bag and put it in his trunk, then they drove it to the Seaport district". I will look for a link to the transcript.


    MOO
    All new members and guests;

    To Websleuths!

    A Must Read - Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information

    Also - WS Lingo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by Steleheart View Post
    Just to bring my last thought forward;

    There are conflicting reports about where Baby Bella's lifeless body was thrown away. Placed on Deer Island I never bought it. That narrow road and carrying a 30 pound bag is not on my radar.

    This report; http://wgbhnews.org/post/baby-doe-mo...bail-boyfriend

    "The pair used a large amount of heroin before McCarthy dumped Bella's body in the water by the Seaport District. Bond, the DA's office says, called the baby a "demon."

    Here is a map of the "Seaport District". I am well familiar with it. Wharves everywhere and deep water.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Se...7eb0e04b6892d9

    Earlier reports said she was deposited near "City Point". I posted that map earlier.

    But in court today the Prosecutor clearly said "seaport District".

    That area has the bag flowing directly toward Deer Island, IMO


    ETA: The DA in court clearly said he "put the bag into a duffle bag and put it in his trunk, then they drove it to the Seaport district". I will look for a link to the transcript.


    MOO
    My guess would be it was between, maybe the Fort Point Channel, which runs between with the Seaport to the left facing the harbor and City Point to the right

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by LvsAMystry View Post
    My guess would be it was between, maybe the Fort Point Channel, which runs between with the Seaport to the left facing the harbor and City Point to the right
    Fort Point Channel would have the Seaport to the right. Do you mean Reserved Channel that runs right between the Seaport, south of Black Falcon Ave., and north of City Point (parallel with East 1st Street) maybe?

    There's a lot of areas in that section north and east of East 1st Street that are more private/isolated if someone was dumping a body.
    Last edited by insatiable; 09-22-2015 at 08:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    23
    Good Morning. Been thinking about where Bella was placed. I don't know the area, but looked at the map provided by Steleheart. There seems to be quite a few business along there, most if not all would have camera's. And I assume there would be security camera's in place near any major waterways in the US (wharfs). I also assume the car make is known now and they may have it so they will be able to track DNA. But maybe most important, they may have video of the car and perhaps even can see who is driving or in the vehicle. Just thoughts. I think so much more evidence will be coming now that they know who and where precious Bella came from.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by insatiable View Post
    Fort Point Channel would have the Seaport to the right. Do you mean Reserved Channel that runs right between the Seaport, south of Black Falcon Ave., and north of City Point (parallel with East 1st Street) maybe?

    There's a lot of areas in that section north and east of East 1st Street that are more private/isolated if someone was dumping a body.
    Yes! I mixed the two up, it's the reserved channel I meant that's in between the seaport and city point. The end of does lead into the harbor at the point where it's more open and it's also literally directly across from deer island. A lot of drug use in those streets.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,642
    Just wanted to bring over my question from the last thread, has MM's version of events been said? Or did he only say he thought she had been taken by dfs? I thought I read they had turned on each other but I haven't heard what he said has happened.
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    Just wanted to bring over my question from the last thread, has MM's version of events been said? Or did he only say he thought she had been taken by dfs? I thought I read they had turned on each other but I haven't heard what he said has happened.
    I believe his story is that rb killed Bella on her own and told him she was taken by dfs and that he believed that until Friday. And also he is heartbroken.

    That's his story and he's sticking to it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    Just wanted to bring over my question from the last thread, has MM's version of events been said? Or did he only say he thought she had been taken by dfs? I thought I read they had turned on each other but I haven't heard what he said has happened.
    McCarthy's counsel Jonathan Shapiro said outside the courthouse that Bond's version of how the girl perished simply isn't true, and that Bond told her boyfriend the Department of Children and Families had taken her away.

    "When she was arrested for Bella Bond's death, she decided to blame it on Mr. McCarthy. That is simply not true," Shapiro said. "Mr. McCarthy is a recovering drug addict. He has a serious seizure disorder that requires the help of a dog who has been his constant companion for over 10 years. He is shocked and saddened by the death of Bella Bond, but he did not kill her. Miss Bond told him that DCF had taken Bella because of Miss Bond's neglect. He believed her, and that's all that he was ever told by Miss Bond."

    Deakin said Bond told police it was McCarthy who threw Bella into Boston Harbor from the Seaport District, but she was present and didn't stop him."

    http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opi..._be_let_out_in

    You're right! He's just saying RB told him Bella was taken by DCF.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
    Just wanted to bring over my question from the last thread, has MM's version of events been said? Or did he only say he thought she had been taken by dfs? I thought I read they had turned on each other but I haven't heard what he said has happened.
    From what prosecutor said in court, MM claimed Bella was taken by DCF even after his "life-long friend" confronted him.
    Just my opinion

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada "A"
    Posts
    11,979
    Just a comment from a post on prior thread. I really dont think we have to worry about an Insanity Defense. Not to say Defense wont try it. Especially RB's Lawyer. Especially if RB was given an actual documented diagnosis of Bi Polar. Given the cover up these two knew right from wrong. Let's look at the case of J. Holmes. He had Mental health issues yet held accountable. Given his planning of the crime. In my mind the cover up in this case carry's the same weight No?
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on
    "Your out of your tree" "It's not my tree"

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    793
    mm'S LAWYER SHOWN ON necn He said that MM was told that baby was taken by DCS and since he knew rb's other 2 daughters were taken he believed her. Then a reporter asked.. "didnt he ever look in the fridge"?. Whereupon MM's lawyer said he couldm"t get into specifics of the case.

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1044
    Last Post: 10-25-2015, 12:18 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 06:02 PM
  3. Replies: 1457
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 06:51 PM
  4. Replies: 1220
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 08:19 PM
  5. Replies: 1106
    Last Post: 09-09-2015, 01:20 AM

Tags for this Thread