1166 users online (240 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Adam, 38, & Gavin Buchanan, 8, Molly McAfee, 37, Greenwood, 13 Sep 2015 *Arrest*

Adam Buchanan, Molly McAfee, and Gavin

Benicia family missing in El Dorado County after fire destroys cabin
    "uthorities are searching for a missing Bay Area family in El Dorado County.
    Adam Buchanan, Molly McAfee, and their son Gavin, disappeared after a fire destroyed their cabin in Georgetown last weekend.

Last week, authorities found the remains of two people located inside a burned house in Garden Valley."

http://kron4.com/2015/09/21/benicia-...estroys-cabin/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Too weird.

You're left with the impression after listening to the video that one of the family members killed the other two, burned down the cabin, and hoofed it to parts unknown. I don't get the impression that's even a possibility looking through their Facebook pics.

All the details are confusing, but it's clarified somewhat if you listen to the news report in lieu of just reading the article.

It's going to be interesting to find out who the two people are that were found burned in the cabin. Somebody is missing from the equation. My guess would be mother and son.

It's also possible they were followed to the cabin by a yet unknown assailant. I can certainly understand why they were searching through his business contacts though.
    Last edited by steelman; 09-22-2015 at 08:02 AM.

If it wasn't for the actions of LE I would have guessed fire was accident and the third body in the rubble somewhere unfound (not impossible). My second thought is that the parents were killed and the little boy kidnapped. But again the raid on fathers business and home makes me feel as though they are holding back a piece if the puzzle. How devastating for their teenaged son.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I noticed she doesn't use his last name either, is that because they aren't married but have a kid together ? Is the oldest son from a different bio dad ? Is there an ex out there somewhere with a grudge ?

The fact that one body is missing is obviously the biggest part of the puzzle.

This couple is missing from an area close to where I live, and I haven't heard a word about the case. I remember the fire happening, however - it was a few days after the Butte Fire started in a neighboring county, as well as the Valley Fire a couple of counties away, both of which destroyed hundreds of homes. People in my area are on edge about fires due to the drought California has been experiencing, so when the cabin burned, it was known about on social media, and of course everyone was grateful that the fire was put out, and that it hadn't spread. I hadn't heard that bodies were found, however.

I agree that the fact that one body is missing is the biggest part of this - I hope there are identifications on those bodies soon.

MISSING BENICIA FAMILY CASE TURNS INTO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION
    "There is a new twist on a missing Bay Area family that has turned the case into criminal investigation."
    http://abc7news.com/news/missing-ben...gation/995956/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

the other article made it sound as if the bodies were found ina nearby burned house other than the cabin.... so odd.

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    MISSING BENICIA FAMILY CASE TURNS INTO CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION
    "There is a new twist on a missing Bay Area family that has turned the case into criminal investigation."
    http://abc7news.com/news/missing-ben...gation/995956/

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    I noticed she doesn't use his last name either, is that because they aren't married but have a kid together ? Is the oldest son from a different bio dad ? Is there an ex out there somewhere with a grudge ?

The fact that one body is missing is obviously the biggest part of the puzzle.
    Per Molly's fb her recent post spoke of being at the er with her oldest son. Linked name on that post is the same as the oldest son as reported by msm. It would seem both boys are theirs IMO.

Mystery grows in case of missing Benicia family
    "On Sept. 15, deputies and police visited the Buchanan home on Cambridge Drive as well as the construction business and seized property.

A neighbor said he looked out his front window and saw law enforcement officers, some with weapons drawn, approach the home. Buchananís 16-year-old son, who had not gone with the family to El Dorado County, was asked to remain in front of the house during the search."

http://m.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/...ly-6522489.php

Quote Originally Posted by ninij9 View Post
    If it wasn't for the actions of LE I would have guessed fire was accident and the third body in the rubble somewhere unfound (not impossible). My second thought is that the parents were killed and the little boy kidnapped. But again the raid on fathers business and home makes me feel as though they are holding back a piece if the puzzle. How devastating for their teenaged son.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I'm sort of inclined to agree about the third body being hidden in the rubble, especially if the fire burned as long and as hot as they claimed it did. But of course, they knew that 3 people were staying there, so they would surely make a concentrated effort to sift through the ashes and attempt to find that third body, wouldn't they ?

I'm surprised they haven't I.D.'d the victims yet, you know, with dental records and what not.

Wow! The newscast was right upfront with identifying the 16 year old by name, showing a photo, disclosing with whom he is staying and even where he worksout.
    I think I would be pretty peeved about this lack of discretion in a criminal case.

Body language in the very first photo up there is kind of telling. Mother and son very close, but the father...? Who knows. I feel like I've read a ton of stories lately about fires that turn out to be covers for murder.

JMO

From what I can tell the oldest son, is not biologically related to Molly McAfee.
    I do not think his bio mother lives in CA.

http://www.timesheraldonline.com/gen...-investigation

In the statement, the sheriff’s office said another possible set of human remains was located in the ruins of the Garden Valley cabin, in addition of the two sets that were found earlier.

The remains have not been identified and the Coroner’s Office has sent samples to the California Department of Justice for DNA processing in an effort to identify them, authorities said.
    IMO

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast