TN - Tracy Owen, 32, pregnant, murdered, Nashville, 5 Jan 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
One of two men accused in the fatal shooting of a pregnant woman admitted to the killing, his ex-girlfriend told a stunned courtroom on the opening day of his trial yesterday.

It's not clear whether even prosecutors anticipated the testimony of Anna Haley. Only minutes earlier, a prosecutor had told jurors to expect testimony from a detective about how someone else had shot the victim.

What did emerge from yesterday's testimony is that two young men accused in the Jan. 5, 2004, slaying of Tracy Renee Owen plan to point the finger at one another.

Police said that Quintero and the other suspect killed Owen, a pregnant woman walking along Plus Park Boulevard, because they feared they would get into trouble after they mistakenly thought they had hit her with a truck.

Owen was expected to have given birth soon and both defendants have been charged with killing her unborn child.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050913/NEWS03/509130349/1001

I'm glad she spoke up. What on earth possessed them to shoot her just because of an accident? Now they are in very deep hot water.

A woman who testified that her formerboyfriend had admitted to gunning down a pregnant woman after hitting her with a truck recanted her testimony yesterday.

Under cross-examination and after a defense lawyer played taped statements that she had given to police — statements that contradicted her testimony Monday — Anna Haley admitted that she had falsely testified the day before.

"So you lied yesterday? Is that correct?" asked Nashville criminal defense attorney Matthew Mayo.

"Yes," Haley replied.

Haley said she told conflicting stories because she was confused.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050914/NEWS03/509140405

That girl needs to get her story straight. I predict a mistrial.

Me too. And if that was a current girlfriend instead of an ex- girlfriend I would suspect that it was planned that way.
The way the girl got up on the stand and said he admitted doing it, then immediately says no he didn't do it.............well it just seems suspicious to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back