1502 users online (379 members and 1123 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Simone Boyd, 21, Elmhurst, 22 Sept 2015 *Arrests*

West Suburban Gas Station Closed for Investigation After Clerk Mysteriously Goes Missing

"Police have closed off a west suburban gas station for investigation after a possible overnight robbery left one employee missing, officials said.

Officers were called to a Shell Gas Station at 654 W. North Ave. in Elmhurst at approximately 5 a.m. Tuesday morning to check on the well-being of a clerk who was reported to not be at the station.

Upon arrival, the employee was nowhere to be found, according to police."

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...328647611.html
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Reminded me of the Jessica Heeringa case as soon as I read missing from a gas station. The only difference in the Heeringa case was the motive wasn't robbery as if I remember correctly, the till was still on the counter?

Hopefully the surveillance video catches something!

Quote Originally Posted by NatalieLouiseXx View Post
    Reminded me of the Jessica Heeringa case as soon as I read missing from a gas station. The only difference in the Heeringa case was the motive wasn't robbery as if I remember correctly, the till was still on the counter?

Hopefully the surveillance video catches something!
    Exactly! I thought about Jessica Heeringa when I read the first post to this thread!

IMOO.

POLICE: POSSIBLE ROBBERY AT ELMHURST GAS STATION; CLERK MISSING

http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-p...issing/996084/
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Workers who showed up for their Tuesday afternoon shifts told NBC Chicago it was a woman who was scheduled to be working. A truck driver reported to have bought a coffee from the female attendant at 4:30 a.m., but a half hour later police say she was gone.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz3mUjZfK51

I used to live right over there and go to that gas station all the time - so weird.

It's interesting that they're calling this a "robbery investigation with a missing clerk." They also said in this article that the "suspect and the employee were seen leaving the building shortly after." They make no mention of the clerk having been noticeably forcibly taken, and they haven't called it an abduction either. Maybe it's hard to tell on the video, or maybe it looks like she might be in on it.

Link: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz3mUjZfK51

jmo

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Is this another incident of an employee working alone overnight? Why isn't it illegal for companies to allow people to work alone?

At least this place has working cameras!

Quote Originally Posted by PandaJ View Post
    I used to live right over there and go to that gas station all the time - so weird.

It's interesting that they're calling this a "robbery investigation with a missing clerk." They also said in this article that the "suspect and the employee were seen leaving the building shortly after." They make no mention of the clerk having been noticeably forcibly taken, and they haven't called it an abduction either. Maybe it's hard to tell on the video, or maybe it looks like she might be in on it.

Link: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...#ixzz3mUjZfK51

jmo
    The clerk's name is Simone Boyd.

Police reviewed video from the store and say a man between 18 to 28 years old, with a medium build, entered the store and jumped over the counter, taking an unknown amount of money. The suspect and the employee were seen leaving the building shortly after.

Authorities say they are concerned for the well-being of the clerk, identified as Simone Boyd, and they've asked for the public's help in finding her.

Boyd is described as a 21-year-old woman, about 5 feet tall, weighing 170 pounds. She has long black hair, possibly in a pony tail, and was last seen wearing a green short-sleeve polo shirt and black pants.

The incident is being treated as a possible robbery as well, although it is unclear at this time why that is.
    http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/2015/0...-boyd/auvgd50/

Quote Originally Posted by perfectingpink View Post
    Her boyfriend's last post is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingazer View Post
    That it is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingazer View Post
    Indeed it is. I wonder if the boyfriend is seen on that surveillance video...

If it WAS him, did she go with him willingly, or could he possibly have her somewhere?

Hoping she's safe.

Jmo

Wonder if surveillance captured a vehicle description? Was the assailant alone or was there another individual in the vehicle?
    Surely they didn't depart on foot...
    Where is the description of the perpetrator? If they have footage of Simone, then they most certainly have some type of description of the man.
    Could LE think they know him?
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast