1399 users online (245 members and 1154 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Fight in Houston School

Just heard on the local news that some students at Jones High School and some new students from N.O. got into a fight. There were 5 arrests. Some on both sides.

Supposedly, someone was filming the N.O. kids like they were some kind of freak show is what I gather.

Damn shame.

A little more info.. A girl was hit with a belet buckle, a soda can was thrown.

They were saying they didn't want to be in Houston. A woman on the news (not at the fight) said, "Well, if they don't want to be here they can go back to N.O.."

A new student from N.O. say they get stared at like they are aliens or something.

I think it is inevitiable that there are going to be problems mainstreaming thousands of kids coming out of a disaster into the Public School System.

These kids are living in preasure cookers of stress outside of the school environment as well.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    I think it is inevitiable that there are going to be problems mainstreaming thousands of kids coming out of a disaster into the Public School System.

These kids are living in preasure cookers of stress outside of the school environment as well.
    I know. Poor kids.

I just don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for the problems Texas has had with the evacuees. Please try to remember that these kids have lost their whole sense of home and some of them have lost family members. The fighting is definitely not a way to gain trust in a new community, they are making some poor decisions right now. I hope the school has counselors who can talk with them and determine if they are real trouble makers (and if they are, bump em out on their booties) or if they are just traumatized. They may need someone to help them deal with all the emotional issues.

The majority of our evacuees began school yesterday here in Lafayette. The worst problem we had was that some of them cried. Poor kiddos.

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux
    I just don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for the problems Texas has had with the evacuees. Please try to remember that these kids have lost their whole sense of home and some of them have lost family members. The fighting is definitely not a way to gain trust in a new community, they are making some poor decisions right now. I hope the school has counselors who can talk with them and determine if they are real trouble makers (and if they are, bump em out on their booties) or if they are just traumatized. They may need someone to help them deal with all the emotional issues.

The majority of our evacuees began school yesterday here in Lafayette. The worst problem we had was that some of them cried. Poor kiddos.
    I'm not meaning to come off as resentful. I'm glad we could help them. Just trying to update that's all.

Of course there are going to be problems. None of this is normal either for the people from NOLA or the citizens for Houston. We have got to keep all in our prayers. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the evacuees have to wear wristbands or anyother identifying factor to school.

Quote Originally Posted by jannuncutt
    Of course there are going to be problems. None of this is normal either for the people from NOLA or the citizens for Houston. We have got to keep all in are prayers. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not the evacuees have to wear wristbands or anyother identifying factor to school.
    Probably so. In the shelters they do. If they do I know that could be very uncomfortable cuz it would make them stand out. I'm sure it's used for positive purposes like for getting free lunches and supplies and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    They were saying they didn't want to be in Houston. A woman on the news (not at the fight) said, "Well, if they don't want to be here they can go back to N.O.."
    Nice. What a welcoming attitude for evacuee CHILDREN.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    Nice. What a welcoming attitude for evacuee CHILDREN.
    Yes, quite rude. I wish I could go track her down. She was an elderly woman about 65-70. You'd think she'd know better. Guess not.

Can anyone provide me with a link?

I was watching a report on where the dead were being taken to a small town outisde New Orleans to a make shift morgue. A woman in a store there said" Id rather they come here dead then alive".

I just couldnt believe it.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

I was watching a report on where the dead were being taken to a small town outisde New Orleans to a make shift morgue. A woman in a store there said" Id rather they come here dead then alive".

Man! I can't think of a word to desribe that comment. She needs to be strung up and whooped! BEOTCH!

Good Lord! I propose a nationwide "attitude check", where those with these kinds of bad attitudes can be put on Katrina cleanup work detail for a week or so. Kind of like when you are a snotty teen and your father makes you clean out the garage as a punishment. Because some of these attitudes are so juvenile and selfish.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieBoo
    Good Lord! I propose a nationwide "attitude check", where those with these kinds of bad attitudes can be put on Katrina cleanup work detail for a week or so. Kind of like when you are a snotty teen and your father makes you clean out the garage as a punishment. Because some of these attitudes are so juvenile and selfish.
    She might have a different attitude if she was forced to live on her roof for 3 days in N.O. heat while her dead neighbors floated by. I'm sorry, that way of thinking just makes me ill.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast