09-23-2015, 07:13 PM #1
Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Approved SM Pages/Profiles
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)
- Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
- Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
- Paraphrasing is okay.
- Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
- Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
- If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
- Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
- Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
- Paraphrasing is okay.
- ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
- Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.
Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual
Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.
Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.
Last edited by bessie; 01-25-2017 at 09:40 PM.__________________________________
Muddy water in the street; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"
WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
By bessie in forum DeOrr Kunz, Jr.Replies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2016, 08:24 PM
By beach in forum Aliahna Maroney LemmonReplies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2012, 12:29 AM
By Kimster in forum Forum FinesseReplies: 0Last Post: 11-11-2009, 05:16 PM