Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
Police release video in Lonzie case, claim Ruben Ebron murdered little boy
Police cancel Amber Alert, work case as murder
Aug 03 2015

Lorenzo-Barton--tall--jpg.jpg

Police announced late Monday the Amber Alert for 21-month-old Lonzie Barton is canceled and they are 100 percent sure the toddler who disappeared 10 days ago disappeared at the hands of the mother's boyfriend.

"I'm cancelling the Amber Alert and not working this as an abduction anymore," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said. "We are working this as a murder case. You need to know that. Ruben Ebron needs to know that."

This comes after the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office obtained surveillance video that it said shows Ebron abandoning the car he claimed was stolen with Lonzie Barton inside and running away minutes before he called 911 to report it stolen and the toddler taken.

JSO: Story 'crumbling' for Lonzie Barton murder suspect
August 4, 2015

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Twenty-one-month-old Lonzie Barton was murdered and not abducted like originally reported by 32-year-old Ruben Ebron, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.

Large-scale search efforts by authorities to find Lonzie wound down after Sunday, Aug. 2, ten days after he was originally reported missing by Ebron. On Monday, the toddler was added to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's list of unsolved Amber Alerts alongside 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

JSO Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney, in a media briefing on Aug. 3, implored the family and friends of Ebron to get him to tell the police what he knows. Hackney even asked Ebron himself to come forward with the location of Lonzie's body.

Order of Arrest and Commitment

Child Neglect Charges Arrest Report

Lonna Barton Arrest Report

Ebron jail calls to JR

*Media, Maps & Timeline* *No Discussion*

Lonzie Barton Case Map

Rules Etiquette & Information

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7

REMINDERS:

NO name calling. Refer to case players by name or by initials.

Leave Facebook on Facebook. Do not carry rumors to this discussion.

Social Media Thread

Thread #8, still no Lonzie :(

Where is he?? Someone knows, spill!!!!!

Thread #8, still no Lonzie :(

Where is he?? Someone knows, spill!!!!!

I wish they would so the other family members that care about him can lay him to rest properly. As LE are treating it as a murder investigation I presume he is no longer on this earth, :(

bumping him from page 2. no news today i suppose.

bumping him from page 2. no news today i suppose.

Sadly no. don't think there will be much more news on Lonzie unless there is a break in the case or LE have further charges against either of the trio, or others who might have been involved or who know something that has come to LE's attention? Now it will be court appearances for their related charges and a trial in the future. It is good to know people are still out there conducting searches and prayers this case is solved one day soon.

completely off topic but a similar case that I forgot about:
Levon Wameling timeline:
Here's a timeline of the series of events from Levon's death to father's guilty plea:
May 18: While in jail, Levon’s mother notices injury behind boy’s left ear and claims she told father Jevon Wameling to take him to the hospital.​
May 29: Wameling finds Levon dead in his sleep and leaves a frantic but unrevealing late-night voicemail to Wameling’s mother, then sometime later disposes of baby’s body in Mohawk River.​
June 11: About two weeks after Levon died, Wameling tells Utica police that boy disappeared after he was left briefly unattended on the front porch.​
Sept. 5: After being charged with burglarizing uncle’s home, Wameling finally tells police where to find Levon in North Utica waterway; a legal mistake, however, prevents prosecutors from being able to use that confession against Wameling.​
Sept. 6: Levon’s remains recovered from Mohawk River in backpack full of rocks; autopsy later finds skull fracture, but cause of death is never determined.​
Nov. 14: O-D publishes jailhouse letter from Wameling admitting that he was “scared out of my mind” after finding Levon dead in his sleep.​

Children can die from concussion . They tell u not to let them fall asleep.

http://bakercountypress.com/2015/09/barton-arrests-family-druggies-helped-police/

Barton arrests: Family, druggies helped police.

As Northeast Florida kept a wary eye on a Macclenny couple whose 21-month-old son hasn’t been seen since July 24, Baker County sheriff’s investigators were keeping an eye on them as known drug users and sellers.

Nice little piece to read.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:jail::behindbar:behindbar:liar::seeya::seeya::copcar::copcar::eek:ddsmiley::detective::detective::loser:
http://bakercountypress.com/2015/09/barton-arrests-family-druggies-helped-police/

As Northeast Florida kept a wary eye on a Macclenny couple whose 21-month-old son hasn’t been seen since July 24, Baker County sheriff’s investigators were keeping an eye on them as known drug users and sellers.

Thanks for sharing this article. Interesting info in there.

Nothing new, though, except maybe the point that family members tipped off LE.
The author called Lonzie "Lonzie Lauramore." Careless error.

Marking my spot and thanks everyone for keeping up the hope, and the thread. xoxoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont think they reached out to ajnyone for help on how to hide the body. they kept it close to the vest. the more ppl know, the more gossip gets out. and that would also mean the cummings family would admit anything to do w her disappearance.

Agreed! More than likely they just had a seed of an idea based off of Haleigh's case.

Sorry, but that article is dumb. Crystal and Lonna are apparently second cousins, sure, but it was Ronald and Misty that disappeared Haleigh. Does the quoted "expert" think that WRE got ahold of either of those two (or Misty's brother or whoever else was involved in that circus) in their respective prisons? What would that convo have been like?!

"Hey you don't know me, but I'm banging your ex-wife's second cousin. I'm really impressed that no one has foud Haleigh and I've got a bit of a situation..." :thinking: Nope? Okay, maybe they called Haleigh's mom. How about:

"Hi Crystal, we are second cousins. YOu know how your ex and his teenage girlfriend/wife disappeared your daughter several years ago? I know this might be a touchy subject, but can you give me their conact info? I need to know how to hide a body."

:snooty: I know companies have news to sell, but it bugs me when they drag out experts who clearly haven't thought things through. I guess the one interesting thing in the article is that they are doing a new age progression of Haleigh.

Sorry, but that article is dumb. Crystal and Lonna are apparently second cousins, sure, but it was Ronald and Misty that disappeared Haleigh. Does the quoted "expert" think that WRE got ahold of either of those two (or Misty's brother or whoever else was involved in that circus) in their respective prisons? What would that convo have been like?!

"Hey you don't know me, but I'm banging your ex-wife's second cousin. I'm really impressed that no one has foud Haleigh and I've got a bit of a situation..." :thinking: Nope? Okay, maybe they called Haleigh's mom. How about:

"Hi Crystal, we are second cousins. YOu know how your ex and his teenage girlfriend/wife disappeared your daughter several years ago? I know this might be a touchy subject, but can you give me their conact info? I need to know how to hide a body."

:snooty: I know companies have news to sell, but it bugs me when they drag out experts who clearly haven't thought things through. I guess the one interesting thing in the article is that they are doing a new age progression of Haleigh.

Yeah who knows with any of those people. The only comparison i can see is they both have missing children under drug fueled circumstances that was all over the media.

Nothing new, though, except maybe the point that family members tipped off LE.
The author called Lonzie "Lonzie Lauramore." Careless error.

I believe Lonzie Lauramore is Lonna's step dad. Little Lonzie was named after him.

I believe Lonzie Lauramore is Lonna's step dad. Little Lonzie was named after him.

Yes i believe Lonzie was named after his grandpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth