1559 users online (256 members and 1303 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MN - Boy, 2, Bloomington, 16 September 2015

I don't know even where to start, there is so much more to this story at the links ...

Police found the 2-year-old boy sleeping just a few feet away from a syringe full of heroin. The five adults with him inside a Bloomington motel room on Sept. 16 had turned it into a drug den. One of them was the boy’s mother, Cynthia Kiewatt, who since May had been sought by child protection workers who feared she would harm the child.

Kiewatt, 43, was arrested and charged with child endangerment. Bloomington police then heeded the mother’s request to turn the boy over to a family friend, records show. The same day, the child was passed along to two other people.

But in a hearing Tuesday, Assistant Hennepin County Attorney Erin Goltz said “as the court is aware, we have been unable to locate” the boy. Goltz and the judge asked Kiewatt if she knew where her son was, or how to contact Salter. She said she didn’t know.

“I’m going to be released soon,” Kiewatt told the court, “and of course I’m going to go look for my boy.”

On Wednesday, the boy’s presumed father, James Salter, called the Star Tribune to say that he had the boy living with his family in Chicago, and planned to bring him to child protection.

“He’s not missing,” Salter said. “He’s fine.”

http://www.startribune.com/safety-ne...ime/328971501/

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/201...tect-children/

Good grief... I certainly hope child services doesn't drop the ball on this one. This little fella may be fine now, but he needs a forever love family.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

MN - 2 year old boy, Bloomington, 16 September 2015

Missing Minnesota boy, 2, is found in drug den, then disappears again
    "rmer foster parents say they repeatedly warned officials that the boy was in danger.

Police found the 2-year-old boy sleeping just a few feet away from a syringe full of heroin. The five adults with him inside a Bloomington motel room on Sept. 16 had turned it into a drug den. One of them was the boyís mother, Cynthia Kiewatt, who since May had been sought by child protection workers who feared she would harm the child.

Kiewatt, 43, was arrested and charged with child endangerment. Bloomington police then heeded the motherís request to turn the boy over to a family friend, records show. The same day, the child was passed along to two other people."

http://m.startribune.com/local/west/328971501.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Is he in CPS custody yet? I am concerned he is not fine.

Taking a stroll through mom's mug shots, dating back to 2000, is like seeing a full-fledged documentary on the progression of addiction. Incredibly sad child services hasn't done a better job of protecting this little fella, especially since two children had already been removed from her care and he was born with a drug addiction. Hopefully he will be found safe and be given a real chance to know love and security with the foster parents.

I thought the same thing, "the faces of meth" type posters. So sad.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

this is like a play by play from the bella bond playbook ffs. disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by SthrnRaine View Post
    Taking a stroll through mom's mug shots, dating back to 2000, is like seeing a full-fledged documentary on the progression of addiction. Incredibly sad child services hasn't done a better job of protecting this little fella, especially since two children had already been removed from her care and he was born with a drug addiction. Hopefully he will be found safe and be given a real chance to know love and security with the foster parents.

Looks like she is still lodged in jail and has a court date of October 16 with a bail at $25,000.

http://www4.co.hennepin.mn.us/webboo...num=2015024450

*thinking back to her "I'll be released soon" and will look for my son then.

basically she is hiding his whereabouts because she doesnt want CPS to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Looks like she is still lodged in jail and has a court date of October 16 with a bail at $25,000.

http://www4.co.hennepin.mn.us/webboo...num=2015024450

*thinking back to her "I'll be released soon" and will look for my son then.

I really really hope they find him. He doesn't deserve to grow up like this.

The father said he would bring him back. The problem is the father has a warrant out. He knows if he comes back he'll hey arrested. The original charge the warrant is attached to is felony drugs. I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    basically she is hiding his whereabouts because she doesnt want CPS to get him.
    I agree. From the Star Tribune article posted earlier;

Salter said he picked up his son the day Kiewatt was arrested, and that no one from the county contacted him. He said Kiewatt has called him daily from the Hennepin County jail.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Missing boy found, father arrested
    http://m.startribune.com/missing-boy...ted/329251831/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thank you for the update los. So happy to hear he was found safe and unharmed. Hopefully officials have learned their lesson with trying to keep that little family unit together, and get the child into a safe and loving home this go round.

Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast