642 users online (77 members and 565 guests)  

Websleuths News

Be Prepared! Is your area a danger zone?

make an online hazard map of your area.

Find out if you are living in a 100 year old- floodplain or other danger zone.

http://www.esri.com/hazards/makemap.html
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Great tool Birdie, thanks. As you know , here in CA, we must provide a hazard disclosure statement to a buyer which outlines some natural and man made hazards in the area when purchasing property. I would like to stress that people here in CA actually read those. there could be some surprises.DO other states require this documentation as well in property transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    Great tool Birdie, thanks. As you know , here in CA, we must provide a hazard disclosure statement to a buyer which outlines some natural and man made hazards in the area when purchasing property. I would like to stress that people here in CA actually read those. there could be some surprises.DO other states require this documentation as well in property transfer?
    That's a great question, I'm not sure. But what I AM sure about is the total shock when I bought a house here in Texas. Being a CA gal, I knew all too well the myriad of reams of paper to buying a house in CA. When I bought my house here in 2002, it consisted of about 12 pages. That's it!!! I couldn't get over it, and they all couldn't understand what I thought could possibly be missing out of the paperwork packet, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG
    That's a great question, I'm not sure. But what I AM sure about is the total shock when I bought a house here in Texas. Being a CA gal, I knew all too well the myriad of reams of paper to buying a house in CA. When I bought my house here in 2002, it consisted of about 12 pages. That's it!!! I couldn't get over it, and they all couldn't understand what I thought could possibly be missing out of the paperwork packet, LOL.
    OH lord...12 pages...*sigh* Ours in CA is more like the Ditech loan commercials.

If you google emergency management zones you can look for your state and find if you are in a danger zone.