Be Prepared! Is your area a danger zone?

Great tool Birdie, thanks. As you know , here in CA, we must provide a hazard disclosure statement to a buyer which outlines some natural and man made hazards in the area when purchasing property. I would like to stress that people here in CA actually read those. there could be some surprises.DO other states require this documentation as well in property transfer?

JBean said:
Great tool Birdie, thanks. As you know , here in CA, we must provide a hazard disclosure statement to a buyer which outlines some natural and man made hazards in the area when purchasing property. I would like to stress that people here in CA actually read those. there could be some surprises.DO other states require this documentation as well in property transfer?

That's a great question, I'm not sure. But what I AM sure about is the total shock when I bought a house here in Texas. Being a CA gal, I knew all too well the myriad of reams of paper to buying a house in CA. When I bought my house here in 2002, it consisted of about 12 pages. That's it!!! I couldn't get over it, and they all couldn't understand what I thought could possibly be missing out of the paperwork packet, LOL.

DEPUTYDAWG said:
That's a great question, I'm not sure. But what I AM sure about is the total shock when I bought a house here in Texas. Being a CA gal, I knew all too well the myriad of reams of paper to buying a house in CA. When I bought my house here in 2002, it consisted of about 12 pages. That's it!!! I couldn't get over it, and they all couldn't understand what I thought could possibly be missing out of the paperwork packet, LOL.
OH lord...12 pages...*sigh* Ours in CA is more like the Ditech loan commercials.

If you google emergency management zones you can look for your state and find if you are in a danger zone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back