1034 users online (222 members and 812 guests)  

Websleuths News

Who Dat Nation

UT - Robert Carter, 53, Beaverhead County, 16 Sept 2015

Robert Carter, Jr., 53

Kalispell hunter missing in Beaverhead Co.
    By KECI Staff
    POSTED: 4:04 PM Sep 21 2015 UPDATED: 4:15 PM Sep 21 2015

Robert Carter, Jr., a 53-year-old man from Kalispell was expected to return from hunting Sunday night. His wife became concerned when he had not contacted her via cellphone or Facebook since Wednesday night.

She reported her concerns to the sheriff's office Saturday afternoon. Deputies received information Saturday night and early Sunday morning indicating that Carter was hunting in Tie Creek, a few miles west of the Big Hole Battlefield National Park.

Carter's 1999 yellow Dodge truck was located about 5 miles north of that location parked in the forest between Tie Creek and Johnson Creek.

Information from other hunters in the area indicated that Carter was bow hunting and had parked his truck early Thursday morning to hunt on foot in the area.
    Carter is 6 feet, 2 inches tall and 185 pounds. He has gray eyes and gray-blond hair. He was last seen wearing camouflage gear.

The Beaverhead County Sheriff’s Office and Search and Rescue are asking for the public’s help. If anyone has seen or had contact with Carter and has information that could help search efforts, please notify authorities immediately at 406-683-3700.

Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

Bel Aire, Kansas

Official search facebook: (they seem well organized, so that's something!)

Missing Flathead hunter found deceased
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

But how did he die?
    Strange wording to say he was found "peacefully...against a tree" if it was not narural causes. Jmo
    Just my opinion, of course.

Detroit Metro
    I know someone who helped search. He had a previously unknown heart condition--found at autopsy.

In the woods
    He reminds me of my husband. Coming from a family of hunters this is always a fear when somebody goes hunting alone. RIP Robert and my prayers go out to his family and friends.
    Please be aware that what I type is my opinion.