800 users online (151 members and 649 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 999
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,586
    Hi CJ. he idn't open the freezer he closed it ! a loud slam , no one down there. Honest. They werehome
    ii ++ ++ cant write
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    17,117
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    I think you did, Nore! I do believe in that. I dreamed of my Mom after she died and she told me she was okay, too. My grandma dreamed of grandpa and he told her he was fine and they actually had a nice time talking together. The dreams are so real like...
    My sister and my daughter's saw my dad. According to my girls he was on his way to my room.
    I know my sister had visions of those thAt had passed a d of someplace beautiful that we assumed heaven. This was while she was dying--there was a lot of activity up around her ceiling at times. Who knows--could have also been drugs--she was on some good ones.

    She would have been 61 today. She e never liked her birthday or getting older ~~told her better than alternative.
    jmo

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    12,536
    I got to see the whole big red moon, but my pics look like alien swirling blobs. Should have tried using the tripod, I guess. A programmer I am not. Too many clouds now.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Paulden, Arizona
    Posts
    10,435
    Uh......no rapture so I guess there's some splainin' to do by some doomsday preppers.

    Medical examiner in Madonna case.........yes, Madonna pulled no punches, with the knife: hit the lung, heart, broke his jaw and dentures, and the vein in his neck, besides the bullet graze to the back of his neck and numerous stab/slice wounds to both sides of the face, chest, back, arm, hands.
    Compare that to her physical state: 2 red line shallow marks on her chest, 2 on upper arm, one on forearm and no recent bruising (one old bruise upper thigh) This was 24 hours after Jose's body was found in the jail and pictures were taken.

    Jose was taken 11 meds (pills, inhalers, injections) of one sort or another every day, some 3 times a day, the laundry list of his ailments is staggering. 5'9 and 195 lbs, the same as Madonna. He had a liver transplnt, part of his lung removed, type 2 diabetes, neuropathy(sp), carpel tunnel, heart disease, 4 heart stents, muscle atrophy of the right hand, Wilson's disease............and a lot more.
    Narcotics were given to him only after surgeries, and in limited amounts (VA and all that).
    VA primary care Dr. said it would be next to impossible for him to aim and pull the trigger on a gun, or hold a knife.

    Crazy...........

    oh......broken clavicle..... the Judge is ruling on what pics he's going to allow after defense objected to some.

    JMO, OMO, MOO, etc., etc........

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    I just downloaded the book to my Kindle. Can't wait start reading it. 'death travels' I like that and it is so true that your life is forever changed!!
    Thanks for sharing this link...
    Judy Bachrach is a lovely woman, highly intellectual and possessed of a rich spiritual nature. She's also a long-time contributing editor for Vanity Fair.

    Credentials aside, she started writing this book about near-death experiences (she calls them something else, can't remember what) for largely personal reasons: Her mother was dying and had Alzheimer's disease. Do people who are no longer cognizant process death the same way as people who are still in possession of their faculties? When you add in people who have been in comatose states, the questions become even more perplexing.

    She interviewed many people: young and old, believers and non-believers, good people and bad people, doctors, scientists, philosophers and theologists. What I found most fascinating were the distinctive consistencies across all lines.

    It's an easy and interesting read. Her writing flows very well, and her intentions are pure. I believe that will become obvious to you as you read.

    I sincerely hope you will enjoy the book as much as I did.
    Last edited by GigiG; 09-28-2015 at 12:05 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernina View Post
    Uh......no rapture so I guess there's some splainin' to do by some doomsday preppers.

    Medical examiner in Madonna case.........yes, Madonna pulled no punches, with the knife: hit the lung, heart, broke his jaw and dentures, and the vein in his neck, besides the bullet graze to the back of his neck and numerous stab/slice wounds to both sides of the face, chest, back, arm, hands.
    Compare that to her physical state: 2 red line shallow marks on her chest, 2 on upper arm, one on forearm and no recent bruising (one old bruise upper thigh) This was 24 hours after Jose's body was found in the jail and pictures were taken.

    Jose was taken 11 meds (pills, inhalers, injections) of one sort or another every day, some 3 times a day, the laundry list of his ailments is staggering. 5'9 and 195 lbs, the same as Madonna. He had a liver transplnt, part of his lung removed, type 2 diabetes, neuropathy(sp), carpel tunnel, heart disease, 4 heart stents, muscle atrophy of the right hand, Wilson's disease............and a lot more.
    Narcotics were given to him only after surgeries, and in limited amounts (VA and all that).
    VA primary care Dr. said it would be next to impossible for him to aim and pull the trigger on a gun, or hold a knife.

    Crazy...........

    oh......broken clavicle..... the Judge is ruling on what pics he's going to allow after defense objected to some.
    It's a corker, for sure! Surprised it hasn't gotten more publicity, especially since WRAL does such a good job of posting videos and daily updates.

    Lots of similarities to JA, right?

    I don't think for a minute that Jose did anything more than (possibly) claiming to be having a heart attack. At that point, he may well have been having heart problems!

    But do you think she planned to murder him? That's what I'm having a hard time accepting...

    ETA

    Murder is definitely not recommended as a beauty regimen: (Below: Joanna Madonna pictured at time of arrest in 2013, and last week at trial.) BTW, she's only 48...

    195-1.jpgimages.jpeg
    Last edited by GigiG; 09-27-2015 at 11:47 PM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    897
    Hi y'all!!!

    Nore,


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,869
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiG View Post
    BBM

    Hey Pages, not sure if I'm reading that BBM right. Are you saying we, as a country, are no longer friends to Israel (or Jews), or was that part of a quote from someone else? Not clear there...

    I work for an organization whose sole raison d'Ítre is about supporting Jews around the world, and the sovereignty of the state of Israel. There are a lot of political differences here and there which change and evolve over time, but we don't feel that America has left us behind by any means...

    Celebrating Sukkot*, beginning today...

    *The holiday is held in memory of the Book of Exodus tale describing how the Israelites traveled for 40 years through the Sinai Desert in Egypt before entering the Holy Land. To celebrate the occasion, Jews built a structure known as a sukkah, a replica of the huts that Israelites lived in during their voyage.



    I think America has put Israel in a terrible spot, and we'll pay for it. We've handed over money to Hamas in Jordan, to help them buy arms to fight Israel in Gaza.

    Iran is backing Hezbollah in Lebanon and the Golan Heights, Hamas in Jordan and in Gaza ,and has been backing regime in Syria. Iran's goal is the destruction of Israel and the Jewish people, and our leaders are leading us down a terrible path in making any deals that help or hurry Iran's goal of wiping God's people off the map.


    Hmmm, this popped up from the Wall Street Journal just now;

    Iraq joined Russia, Iran and Syria in a new agreement to strengthen cooperation against extremist group Islamic State, extending the Kremlin’s reach in the Middle East as it rivals Washington for influence.


    The Book of Ezekiel chapter 38 describes a war against Israel in the "latter days" (not Mormon) and names the countries that will come against Israel. Persia is the main one and that Russia would be their "guard". Russia has been offloading arms and supplies along with military jets in Syria these past few weeks.


    All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernina View Post
    Uh......no rapture so I guess there's some splainin' to do by some doomsday preppers.

    Medical examiner in Madonna case.........yes, Madonna pulled no punches, with the knife: hit the lung, heart, broke his jaw and dentures, and the vein in his neck, besides the bullet graze to the back of his neck and numerous stab/slice wounds to both sides of the face, chest, back, arm, hands.
    Compare that to her physical state: 2 red line shallow marks on her chest, 2 on upper arm, one on forearm and no recent bruising (one old bruise upper thigh) This was 24 hours after Jose's body was found in the jail and pictures were taken.

    Jose was taken 11 meds (pills, inhalers, injections) of one sort or another every day, some 3 times a day, the laundry list of his ailments is staggering. 5'9 and 195 lbs, the same as Madonna. He had a liver transplnt, part of his lung removed, type 2 diabetes, neuropathy(sp), carpel tunnel, heart disease, 4 heart stents, muscle atrophy of the right hand, Wilson's disease............and a lot more.
    Narcotics were given to him only after surgeries, and in limited amounts (VA and all that).
    VA primary care Dr. said it would be next to impossible for him to aim and pull the trigger on a gun, or hold a knife.

    Crazy...........

    oh......broken clavicle..... the Judge is ruling on what pics he's going to allow after defense objected to some.
    See this is something I don't understand. If you're waiting for that to trumpet blowing and you're out of here, why are you storing up arms and food? I don't think many have a few things on hand for a just in case. It doesn't have to be the end of the world for you to have some things set back. I always bought extra cans of green beans and corn and can goods when we first got married and built a small pantry, and we've always's had enough in case extra people show up for dinner or a bad storm and we're stuck and can't get to the store.


    All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    See this is something I don't understand. If you're waiting for that to trumpet blowing and you're out of here, why are you storing up arms and food? I don't think many have a few things on hand for a just in case. It doesn't have to be the end of the world for you to have some things set back. I always bought extra cans of green beans and corn and can goods when we first got married and built a small pantry, and we've always's had enough in case extra people show up for dinner or a bad storm and we're stuck and can't get to the store.
    Pages, I know a few friends of mine (preppers) in the states are investing in precious metals.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,118
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeejunkie View Post
    I just went out and looked at the moon and it's too cloudy...all I could see was the clouds lit up by the moon.
    Same here CJ, cloudy all evening, still is. No Super blood moon for me tonight.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper52 View Post
    Pages, I know a few friends of mine (preppers) in the states are investing in precious metals.
    I was a serious Y2K prepper, as was a friend of mine who was the wife of a Baptist minister. So, it didn't happen the way many predicted, thank the Lord, but I got some good practice in. My philosophy, kind of the girl scout motto, which is it's always good to be prepared, to be ready. That just means to be self-sufficient, to be able to take care of ourselves, our families, and help out our neighbors if / when things go in a bad way, for whatever reason.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I was a serious Y2K prepper, as was a friend of mine who was the wife of a Baptist minister. So, it didn't happen the way many predicted, thank the Lord, but I got some good practice in. My philosophy, kind of the girl scout motto, which is it's always good to be prepared, to be ready. That just means to be self-sufficient, to be able to take care of ourselves, our families, and help out our neighbors if / when things go in a bad way, for whatever reason.
    I'll add to that. After living through 9/11 in DC where your ATM card wasn't going to do you any good, I've learned to keep cash on hand. It's great to have food stored up, but should our digital infrastructure go down, you're going to need to buy things you hadn't anticipated on; cards won't be of any use...

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiG View Post
    I'll add to that. After living through 9/11 in DC where your ATM card wasn't going to do you any good, I've learned to keep cash on hand. It's great to have food stored up, but should our digital infrastructure go down, you're going to need to buy things you hadn't anticipated on; cards won't be of any use...
    ^^^Exactly! That's the reason for investing in precious metals - gives you barter/trading power if need be. I'm referring to worst-case scenarios.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Paulden, Arizona
    Posts
    10,435
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiG View Post
    It's a corker, for sure! Surprised it hasn't gotten more publicity, especially since WRAL does such a good job of posting videos and daily updates.

    Lots of similarities to JA, right?

    I don't think for a minute that Jose did anything more than (possibly) claiming to be having a heart attack. At that point, he may well have been having heart problems!

    But do you think she planned to murder him? That's what I'm having a hard time accepting...

    ETA

    Murder is definitely not recommended as a beauty regimen: (Below: Joanna Madonna pictured at time of arrest in 2013, and last week at trial.) BTW, she's only 48...

    The kicker is:
    She visited her nephew the day before, asked her ex brother in law about purchasing a gun for "neighborhood break-ins" that didn't exist, he took her to a pawn shop where she said she didn't have the money til she got her check in 2 weeks, her young nephew, who was dying of bone cancer (now deceased) heard her and her folks discussing it and offered to let her borrow one of his guns and gave her a knife......the nephew collected guns, knives, and swords............lent her the Taurus .380 in it's original box, complete with receipt, loaded the weapon for her, 5 bullets, and gave her the rest of the box of 45/50, and the Rampage knife, again in it's original box.
    All but the actual gun was recovered either in the trash at Madonna's home, or at the crime scene where the body was found. A bullet projectory was found in the Jeep behind the passenger seat.
    From what I gather from the testimony of the brother and sister in law, Madonna did not visit them but very rarely, it was her daughter who was very close with the nephew, aunt, and uncle.
    Madonna did this all in a mere 4 hours, got the weapons and headed back home, driving Jose's Jeep.
    Sill trying to figure out if her glasses are real.

    Day 3 is the medical examiner...........the injuries are very, VERY overkill. The one stab to Jose's mandible dissected it, and that's one of the strongest bones in the body.

    I wonder who paid for the home, and was it through the VA? He had apprx. $5,500 a month coming in for VA disability and SSDI, and he had signed for Madonna to receive his benefits upon his death.
    LE found all his ID's, VA paperwork, AA coins, and medications in the trash, and this was after she said he had left her. And he left his Jeep.
    Going to continue watching..........

    JMO, OMO, MOO, etc., etc........

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum
    By KateB in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1308
    Last Post: 03-12-2016, 11:01 AM
  2. SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum
    By sillybilly in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1047
    Last Post: 01-26-2016, 08:23 AM
  3. SIDEBAR #56 - Travis Alexander forum
    By ILikeToBendPages in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1175
    Last Post: 11-27-2015, 11:44 AM
  4. SIDEBAR #53 - Travis Alexander forum
    By coffeejunkie in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1067
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 01:00 PM
  5. SIDEBAR #52 - Travis Alexander forum
    By YESorNO in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1183
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 09:01 AM