Date Of Birth: May 1946
Height: 5’4" (163cm)
Weight: n/a
Hair Color: n/a
Eye Color: n/a
Race: Aboriginal/Native
AKA: “Lolly”

Details of Disappearance
Delores “Lolly” Marie Whiteman was born on the Standing Buffalo Dakota First Nation in Saskatchewan. Her
family members have not seen or heard from her since the early 1980s and her last known whereabouts was
1987 in Edmonton. Some family members recalled hearing rumours that Delores left to Vancouver, Toronto,
or the Northwest Territories. Other family remembered that she told them she was with a man and was
visiting “from California”. One other relative has consistently stated he remembers hearing that she went to
the Seattle area. Delores’ case is currently with the Regina RCMP Historical Case Unit. This photo was taken
in 1961 when she attended the Lebret Indian Residential School. "

http://www.nampn.org/cases/whiteman_delores_marie.html

http://www.cbc.ca/missingandmurdered/mmiw/profile/delores-marie-whiteman

" There are many puzzle pieces to Delores’s story and there are a few things Lori is now certain of: one is that her mother followed a cousin to Vancouver at some point, a cousin who was working in the sex trade and was later killed by her pimp.

It’s unclear what Delores’s life in Vancouver was like. Lori doesn’t know if her mom was working in the sex trade for sure, but there have been hints that was the case.

“This lady got a hold of me,” Lori said.

“I’ve met her since then. I went out to Vancouver and met her and she took me through the Downtown Eastside, to different places, and she said, 'I’m virtually 100 per cent certain that your mom and I worked out of the same hotel. I remember her really well.'”

The woman told Lori she had an agreement with a hotel owner that included Delores and a handful of other women. The deal was that if they purchased items from the hotel and didn’t cause trouble, they could work out of the hotel. The woman recalled that Delores had children. Still, Lori has no way to prove this woman really knew her mother."

"For Whiteman the reality of missing Aboriginal women is a keenly personal one.

"My mother, Delores Marie Whiteman is missing. Her nickname is Lolly. She was born on the Standing Buffalo Dakota First Nation in 1947. She attended the Lebret Indian Residential School. When she was two years old, she lost her mother to TB. When she was nearly five, she witnessed her kunsi die of alcohol poisoning her choices became limited," she said.

"I also represent the missing statistics - because it took too long for her report to be taken seriously, and too long once reported to investigate. She is now a cold case. I am the only one looking for her. If I don't look, she will be forgotten

"I know there are similar stories in our communities. People who have drifted out of our memory and whose families have lost hope. These are sacred beings who must not ever be forgotten. To those families, I honour your strength and encourage you to keep hope alive." - See more at: http://www.yorktonthisweek.com/news...mbered-by-walk-1.1504330#sthash.82vVHHdd.dpuf

[video=youtube;BLEHRpRmKFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLEHRpRmKFs[/video]

The information about being with a man who was visiting from California would make the most sense because it lines up with the same m/o from the Mary Ann Plett Edmonton case; September 15, 1971 who described the client as being a Mr. Cooper, who was based out of Winnipeg representing a large American mud pump company in the oil industry. Regardless of where she was with her last known whereabouts being in Edmonton in 1987, then I would line up the information of being with a man who was visiting from California because it lines up with Mary Ann's case by way of location and m/o.

Welcome to Ws @Kokolife, thank you for the link!

''Missing from Edmonton, Alberta

WHITEMAN, Delores Marie​

Missing sinceJuly 17, 1966Year of birth1945 Age at disappearance21 GenderFemaleBio groupWhiteEye colourBrownHairBlackHeight165cm / 5 ft 5 inWeight67kg / 148lbBuildMedium

• Photo of WHITEMAN, Delores Marie
    ''TattooLeft Arm, "Heart"MarkUpper Lip, BirthmarkTattooLeft Hand, "Pat"TattooRight Ankle, "Cross"TattooLeft Arm, "Bar N"

If you have information on this case, please contact any of the following:​

1. Edmonton Police Service: 780-423-4567
    Reference Case#: CA14172588
  2. Crime Stoppers: 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or online at Canadian Crime Stoppers Association
    Crime Stoppers provides anonymous tipping
  3. Send email to the National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains at:
    canadasmissing-disparuscanada@rcmp-grc.gc.ca''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5280life
Back