On Fox New Orleans area sexual offenders

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
They were just talking about the sexual offenders in the NO and surrounding area giving the amount of 4000. I looked at the city of NO and the site says 1396, which many are duplicates because of all the alias' those charged used. Alot of them her women.
http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/Static/Search.htm

Beyond Belief said:
They were just talking about the sexual offenders in the NO and surrounding area giving the amount of 4000. I looked at the city of NO and the site says 1396, which many are duplicates because of all the alias' those charged used. Alot of them her women.
http://www.lasocpr.lsp.org/Static/Search.htm
Prostitution counts as a sex crime in New Orleans, hence the large number of women. And I don't think Jefferson parish, Metairie, Kenner, Slidell, Mandeville, Covington, Bay St. Louis etc. are part of the NO database. Plus, I think first time offenders (no matter how horrid the offense) are not listed on the sex offender database. So 4000 sounds about right for that area.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Prostitution counts as a sex crime in New Orleans, hence the large number of women.
That makes things confusing - it's not the kind of sex crime that the sex offender lists were set up for - they're so you know if there are rapists or pedophiles in your area - non-consentual sex crimes.

Details said:
That makes things confusing - it's not the kind of sex crime that the sex offender lists were set up for - they're so you know if there are rapists or pedophiles in your area - non-consentual sex crimes.
It varies from state to state.
Many states list pimping and engaging in sex in public places as sex crimes, as they are crimes & sexual in nature.

Sex crimes sure - but I wouldn't call the people found guilty of that sex offenders, wouldn't expect them to be on the sex offender lists. Those lists are to help protect us from the real bad guys - a former rapist - I'd want to know that before hiring that person for pretty much any job. A former prostitute - I don't think that should be a barrier for most jobs (it'll be found out in any real sensitive job because they'll do a criminal background check). A pedophile or a rapist - I want to know if they are in my neighborhood and who they are. A prostitute - I don't care as much about that - I don't see a reason to single her out more than a thief, assault, murderer, etc.

The problem is there are a ton of Level 3 sex offenders running AWOL. I say NCIS gives these Level 3 sex offenders 15 days to register where they are at. If they don't, and are caught anywhere in the 50 states, they automatically get the death penatly. Then they need to DO IT, to set an example. If they plan on swiping this under the rug, a lot of women and children are going to pay the price for that choice. Be tough, stick to your word. JMO.

Level 3's shouldn't be released. Give them some kind of halfway house to live in for the rest of their lives - somewhere where their time is monitored, where they can work remotely, go out into the world occasionally, have a house, but also have someone who always knows where they are, checks that their jobs are never with children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back