1224 users online (254 members and 970 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OR - Matthew Pugh, 25, Hillsboro, 26 Sept 2015

Matthew Pugh

Suspicious circumstances surround missing Cornelius man
    "A man’s car was found abandoned and blocking a driveway in Cornelius last Saturday afternoon with its engine running.

Detectives with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office say that the 1994 Ford Taurus belongs to 25-year-old Matthew Pugh of Cornelius.

Deputies say Pugh hasn’t shown up for work or contacted anyone close to him."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Suspi....html?mobile=y
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Deputies say the ignition in Pugh’s car had been “punched,” meaning that a screwdriver was required to start and stop the car’s engine. Deputies later learned from people Pugh lives with that he had damaged the car’s ignition.

Deputies say they found personal items inside the car belonging to Pugh and another person.

Pugh is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has brown hair and brown eyes. No one knows what he was wearing when he disappeared.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Suspi...330016591.html

The "Volunteers to search for Matthew Pugh" Facebook page has a search scheduled for 12:00 today. Meet at the Cornelius Fred Meyer.

Quote Originally Posted by freefallzzzz View Post
    The "Volunteers to search for Matthew Pugh" Facebook page has a search scheduled for 12:00 today. Meet at the Cornelius Fred Meyer.
    Help Find Matthew Pugh
    https://www.facebook.com/FindMatthewPugh/

And a candle light vigil is planned for tomorrow evening.

Aunt of missing Cornelius man: 'We're scared'

"Relatives of a Cornelius man missing for over a week tell KOIN 6 News they're struggling to comprehend the circumstances behind his suspicious disappearance.

"We're scared and we're frustrated, we're heartbroken," Jo-Lynn Simshaw said."

http://koin.com/2015/10/07/relatives...n-were-scared/

Search Continues for Missing Cornelius Man (Photo)
    SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MISSING CORNELIUS MAN (PHOTO)

News Release from Washington Co. Sheriff's Office
    Posted on FlashAlert: October 7th, 2015 4:14 PM
    Downloadable file: Matthew Pugh Photo
    UPDATE:

Search Continues for Missing Cornelius Man

October 7, 2015--Sheriff's Detectives continue search for Matthew Pugh.

On October 4, 2015, Washington County Search and Rescue assisted detectives conduct an extensive search around the vicinity where Matthew Pugh's Taurus was found abandoned. They were searching for any evidence or information that will help them locate Mr. Pugh. There were no items of significance located.

Sheriff's Detectives are continuing to reach out to the public for any information there may be to assist them with this case.

Original Release Below:

Sheriff's Detectives Search for Missing Cornelius Man

September 29, 2015-Detectives are searching for a missing man whose vehicle was located abandoned with the engine running. This case is being treated as suspicious due to several circumstances.

On September 27, 2015, a concerned family member contacted a Sheriff's Deputy, serving the City of Cornelius, to report Matthew Pugh, 25, from Cornelius had been missing since the day before.

On September 26, 2015, at about 3:00 p.m., a Sheriff's Deputy was called to the 32900 block of SW Plum Tree Court south of Hillsboro concerning a 1994 Ford Taurus that was left running, unoccupied and blocking a driveway with no one around. The Taurus was registered to Mr. Pugh. The Taurus ignition was "punched" requiring a screwdriver to start and stop the engine. There were personal items in the vehicle belonging to Mr. Pugh and another person.

The deputy contacted people that live with Mr. Pugh to gather any possible information concerning his whereabouts. It was learned that Mr. Pugh had previously damaged the ignition on his Taurus. The deputy was told that no one had seen or heard from Mr. Pugh since very early on September 26. Matthew Pugh has not shown up for work and has not contacted anyone close to him. It is very unusual for him to be out of contact with his family and friends for this extended period of time.

Washington County Violent Crimes Detectives began assisting with the case. They are conducting extensive interviews to gather information that will assist in locating Mr. Pugh.

Matthew Pugh is 5'8" tall, 180 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. The clothing that he was wearing when he went missing is unknown. A photo of Mr. Pugh is attached.

Sheriff's Detectives are asking if anyone has information regarding the whereabouts of Matthew Pugh to please call 503-846-2700.

http://pdxfanews.blogspot.com/2015/1...cornelius.html

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Aunt of missing Cornelius man: ‘We’re scared’

http://koin.com/2015/10/07/relatives...n-were-scared/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Missing man's family: someone is tearing down flyers
    http://koin.com/2015/10/11/missing-m...g-down-flyers/

They approximate about 50% of the 5,000 flyers they've placed have been taken

wow. weird that flyers are being taken down.

Is it rude for me to ask if he was involved in drugs? I just wonder if he got mixed up with the wrong people...
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    wow. weird that flyers are being taken down.

Is it rude for me to ask if he was involved in drugs? I just wonder if he got mixed up with the wrong people...
    I haven't been able to find any mention of drugs, but it's definitely possible. I have to admit I wondered the same thing. I don't think it's rude to ask at all (IMO). It's in no way being judgmental, but it's like mental illness in a way as it may change the nature of the search or what avenues need to be explored more.

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    I haven't been able to find any mention of drugs, but it's definitely possible. I have to admit I wondered the same thing. I don't think it's rude to ask at all (IMO). It's in no way being judgmental, but it's like mental illness in a way as it may change the nature of the search or what avenues need to be explored more.
    I think drugs, or maybe alcohol, are likely involved.

http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-gro...r_slapped.html

Washington County man Matthew Pugh still missing, but family 'won't ever give up'

"He's had a rough patch in his life, but he grew up and grew out of his past," Simshaw said, referring to Pugh's history with drugs and theft. He's been recovering from addiction for about two years, Simshaw said, and he's embraced sobriety and religion in place of his old life.
    Since getting clean, Pugh's followed a specific routine of going to work, going to a recovery support group and coming home to his sobriety house in Aloha, House said.

"Nothing in that routine ever changed until Friday, Sept. 25," she said. To her, there was never a sign that Pugh had gotten mixed up with the wrong people or fallen into old habits.

Sgt. Bob Ray with the Sheriff's Office said detectives are still looking for any and all information regarding this case, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

(...)

"You feel helpless, but not hopeless. The days get harder. But I'm his mom, and I won't ever give up," House said.
    http://www.oregonlive.com/forest-gro..._pugh_sti.html

https://www.facebook.com/FindMatthew...e=3&permPage=1

Matt's still missing, and his father passed away.