GUILTY KY - Gary Jenks, 68, found dead in freezer, Nancy, 5 Sept 2015

Tulessa

Reaction score
LAUREL COUNTY, Ky. (WKYT) - A woman has been arrested after sheriff's deputies say they found a man's body inside a freezer at her Laurel County home.

attachment.php

http://www.lex18.com/story/30152361/woman-arrested-after-boyfriends-body-found-in-freezer

Attachments

• Teresa+Owens+WEB.jpg
    Teresa+Owens+WEB.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 233
"A woman has been arrested after sheriff's deputies say they found a man's body inside a freezer at her Laurel County home."

Don't ya hate it when that happens....

"A woman has been arrested after sheriff's deputies say they found a man's body inside a freezer at her Laurel County home."

Don't ya hate it when that happens....

I personally met someone who drugged her hubby (with whom I had also met...I showed horses with them) with horse tranquilizer and buried him (Lodi, CA) back in 2001/2002. Before she buried him, she kept him in their freezer...can't imagine!

I personally met someone who drugged her hubby (with whom I had also met...I showed horses with them) with horse tranquilizer and buried him (Lodi, CA) back in 2001/2002. Before she buried him, she kept him in their freezer...can't imagine!
That case go national? That sounds so familiar!

That case go national? That sounds so familiar!

Yes, it did when she (I knew her as Elisa McNabney, but her real name turned out to be Lauren Sims, LOL) went on the run after Larry was found in a vineyard. Since then, there have been some of the crime shows done on his story, and a book IIRC.

I was at a show in Scottsdale, AZ the very last week of January 2002, and the rumors were rampant that something was "odd," that investigators were wanting to talk to her (his biological children had been trying to get him considered a missing person, versus her changing stories of him voluntarily leaving)...she was supposed to be at this huge show, had sponsored a class, be there as a vendor, etc...and she never showed up. Rumors were flying. He was found dead in the vineyard the very next week, and in the horse world, we were all shocked. Then she was on the run for about a month before they found here in FL.

Her co-conspirator, Sarah, is already out of prison. Shame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Larry_McNabney

So now to hear "the REST of the story" of this KY freezer story! What in the world.

Must have been an 'awkward' moment when the Sheriff opened the freezer.

Snipped from the link in the opening post:

8912329_G.jpg

Ironically, the home is located on 'Happy Ridge' Road...

:facepalm:

RIP unknown man!

Pulaski Sheriff: Woman kept dead boyfriend's body in freezer
Updated: Wed 6:24 PM, Sep 30, 2015
By: Phil Pendleton - Email

[...]
The Pulaski County Sheriff's Department arrested Teresa Owens, 51, early Wednesday morning. She is charged with abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.

Police say the body found in the freezer has not been positively identified. However, police found the body after a woman told police on Tuesday that her 68-year-old father was missing. That night, they executed a search warrant at Gary Jenks' home on Happy Ridge Road.
Kentucky Woman Arrested After Boyfriend's Body Found in Freezer
by Elizabeth Chuck NBC Newa
September 30, 2015 8:38 P.M. ET

[...]
The deputies arrived at the home on Happy Ridge Road in Nancy — a rural community of about 5,100 — around 10 p.m. ET Tuesday to investigate Jenks' disappearance. They found a horrific scene: a body, its limbs bound with string, stuffed inside a freezer in a trailer on the property.

The body was "in a frozen state," Clinard said Wednesday. Positive identification and a cause of death are pending an autopsy, he added.

The body was covered in powdery substances, Clinard said, believed to be from bags of fertilizer and lime powder that were found at the property.

From October:

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/ne...cle_529c76b2-712b-11e5-8b6f-9bbb21d754c1.html

A Pulaski County grand jury will get to decide if a Nancy woman will face felony charges after allegedly hiding her dead boyfriend in a freezer at their home.

Teresa Owens, 51, appeared before Pulaski District Judge Katie Wood Monday afternoon for a preliminary hearing to determine if there is enough evidence for the grand jury to hear the case...

On cross examination, defense attorney Kenton Lanham asked Dep. Johnson if there was any evidence of foul play (Owens has not been charged in Jenks’ actual death). The officer responded that he had been present for the October 1 autopsy, and that no wounds had been discovered.

“The medical examiner stated [Jenks’] heart was in bad shape; his arteries were clogged up,” the deputy said, adding that bloodwork is still outstanding to determine if poison or any other substance had caused Jenks’ death.

May 2016:

http://lakercountry.com/a-nancy-woman-has-been-sentenced-for-hiding-her-deceased-boyfriends-body/

Teresa Owens, 51, had pleaded guilty in April to three charges connected to the incident: Tampering with Physical Evidence, Knowingly Attempting to Obtain a Controlled Substance and Abuse of a Corpse.

Pulaski Circuit Judge Jeffery Burdette accepted the plea agreement, sentencing Owens to 12 months in jail for Abuse of a Corpse and four years each for the other two charges, to run concurrently for a total of four years.

I doubt if anyone believes her weak story that she found him deceased.......probably because she had already killed one husband. She is heartless and without compassion. It is a shame she is only getting 4 years gaol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back