Found Deceased IN - Joseph Smedley, 20, Bloomington, 27 Sep 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Joseph Smedley
joseph-smedley-was-last-seen-sunday.jpg

Police investigate missing Indiana University student
"BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (September 30, 2015) – Indiana University police are investigating a report of a missing student.

According to a flyer that’s being circulated on social media, Joseph Smedley, 20, was last seen Sunday night by his roommates in Bloomington.

IU police say Smedley was reported missing Monday by a family member. Smedley told the family member he was leaving the country."

http://fox59.com/2015/09/30/police-investigate-missing-indiana-university-student/

Biochemistry major - means a couple of things to me. 1.) He's ambitious and smart - wants to be a scientist, physician, etc. 2.) The required classes for a Biochem major at IU are hard and seem intended to weed out people who are not suited for medical school. Wonder if he had a bad exam score or two and just decided to give up and quit school. I hope not.

Biochemistry major - means a couple of things to me. 1.) He's ambitious and smart - wants to be a scientist, physician, etc. 2.) The required classes for a Biochem major at IU are hard and seem intended to weed out people who are not suited for medical school. Wonder if he had a bad exam score or two and just decided to give up and quit school. I hope not.

I would think that it's a little early in the school year for that, but that's just MOO.

Not another college student!!

Hope he is found safe.

http://wishtv.com/2015/10/02/search-for-missing-iu-student-intensifies/

Search for missing IU student intensifies
-was last seen Sunday 11:30 pm, but contacted someone Monday at 4 am
-didn't have a passport and police found no evidence he booked any travel
-cell phone records place him near Old State Highway 37 near Bloomington around 6:30 am Monday, but scent tracking dogs couldn't find evidence of him there
-he's a biochem major at IU, but he hasn't been attending any classes​ despite being enrolled

I just saw the text he sent his sister at 4:15 AM. He says that by not telling her where he is going he is protecting her. That she shouldn't try to contact him on his phone because it won't work and that he will contact her once he is overseas. He says that he loves her and thanks her for everything.

Hope he just needed some time to think things through.
Go home, Joseph.

I would guess he's in Indianapolis. hopefully, they're checking friends back home.

I just saw the text he sent his sister at 4:15 AM. He says that by not telling her where he is going he is protecting her. That she shouldn't try to contact him on his phone because it won't work and that he will contact her once he is overseas. He says that he loves her and thanks her for everything.

Hope he just needed some time to think things through.
Go home, Joseph.

'Thanks for everything' does not sound like going on a trip to me.

RIP Joseph. Prayers to his family and friends.

[snipped]

ust before he disappeared, Smedley told a family member he intended to leave the country, IU police said, even though he had no known passport. And though he had enrolled for the fall semester, Smedley had not been attending classes, the campus police said.

BBM

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2015/10/03/iu-student-left-questions-days-drowning/73300662/

I wonder if Joseph had a history of depression? This reminds me so much of the suicide of University of Cincinnati student Brogan Dulle around one and a half years ago:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?244283-OH-Brogan-Dulle-21-Cincinnati-18-May-2014

It just grieves me that so many college students today are struggling with depression.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back