753 users online (157 members and 596 guests)  


Websleuths News


Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885

    Inventor turns dead cats into diesel





    A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.

    They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.

    He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

    Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.


    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,649
    How's this for a marketing slogan..."Your vehicle will be purring like a kitten."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca.
    Posts
    2,300
    I just read this post to my cat to serve as a warning...he did not seem impressed...mpi

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    88
    lol lol That is the strangest one yet! I'm starting to get a mental picture of cat farms....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    In heels
    Posts
    27,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    How's this for a marketing slogan..."Your vehicle will be purring like a kitten."
    Meow!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,902
    Those wacky Germans are at it again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    lala land
    Posts
    9,620
    I have found a way to turn German inventors into cat food.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca.
    Posts
    2,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    I have found a way to turn German inventors into cat food.
    I LIKE that. How many mini-cans of cat food can we get from 1 German Inventor? I do not know...This idea does have legs...mpi

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew




    A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.

    They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.

    He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

    Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.


    http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies
    Would a ratalytic converter turn rats into diesel??

  10. #10
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    Obviously they don't have an SPCA in Germany.... But why cats - wouldn't dogs work, too, or even horses - then you wouldn't need as many. You know - horsepower!!!

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca.
    Posts
    2,300
    I would like to see armadillo power. These guys are digging up my yard...and 'possum power. They come up on the porch, eat the dry cat food, and have no fear of cats or me..I'm considering capital punishment...mpi



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-16-2014, 06:39 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
  3. Presumed dead after river plunge, man turns up alive
    By dark_shadows in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 05:38 AM