1042 users online (214 members and 828 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you hear me now?

Romanian police caught a female mobile phone thief by dialling the stolen phone - and hearing it ringing from her bum.

Police in Iasi stopped Petronela Brandus, 24, as she tried to get off a bus after other passengers said they saw her steal a mobile phone.

But after a search failed to find the phone, police decided to call the number to see where it was and heard a muffled ringing coming from under the woman's dress.

She was taken to a local police station where a strip search by female police officers revealed she had hidden it up her bottom, local daily 7 Plus reported.

Officer Madalin Taranu said: "We've had people hiding things in their bras and knickers before, but this was a new one.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

I wonder if the owner of the phone wanted it back after where it's been?

I would just have claimed the phone "lost" and let the insurance company send me another one. I wouldn't have wanted that one, back!

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

"The station doctor extracted the phone and we sprayed it with disinfectant before handing it back to its owner."
    That's just nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine Mom
    That's just nasty.
    Yep, I agree. Maybe Nokia should come out with a butt-phone. So many people have their head up there most of the time anyway...mpi

april4sky is offline It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance
    Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Romanian police caught a female mobile phone thief by dialling the stolen phone - and hearing it ringing from her bum.
    A call of nature!!!!! It certainly has a new ring to it

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum PI
    Yep, I agree. Maybe Nokia should come out with a butt-phone. So many people have their head up there most of the time anyway...mpi
    The picture phone should probably be left off of that model. I'd say more, but my butt is ringing and I have to answer it.

Wow, I've sometimes wanted to shove a phone up a bill collector's butt, but never my own.

]

The picture phone should probably be left off of that model. I'd say more, but my butt is ringing and I have to answer it.[/QUOTE]

MM,

Who was it, calling you at a time like this?

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful
    ]
    MM,

Who was it, calling you at a time like this?
    Telemarketer.

Is it any surprise this happened in Romania?

This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. Ya'll are too much!!!

I hope Romania has kept up with the times and their cell phones are the smaller ones out now and not those huge ones from the 80s.

I had one of those it was sooooooo big that I could only talk on the phone for a minute or two before I lost the feeling in my hand from holding it. The antenna was so long I had to scrunch down in my car seat so it wouldn't hit the ceiling. I am trying real hard to avoid the image of that phone anywhere near anyone's butt area........yikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. Ya'll are too much!!!

I hope Romania has kept up with the times and their cell phones are the smaller ones out now and not those huge ones from the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by bing1
    The antenna was so long I had to scrunch down in my car seat so it wouldn't hit the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by bing1
    I had one of those it was sooooooo big that I could only talk on the phone for a minute or two before I lost the feeling in my hand from holding it. The antenna was so long I had to scrunch down in my car seat so it wouldn't hit the ceiling. I am trying real hard to avoid the image of that phone anywhere near anyone's butt area........yikes!

OHMYGOD!!!!

I liked the ones from the 80s that were fixed in the car. They were perfect for speaker phone talking, etc. and the range was always perfect. Now that most states are going to no non-speaker cell phone talking while driving, I'm thinking about having mine put back in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast