801 users online (141 members and 660 guests)  

Websleuths News

Eat Mud

An Indian man has become a nuisance to his neighbours because of his habit of eating ther mud.

Barsaatu Lal collects mud in sacks to last him an entire week, reports Asian News International.

The resident of Karimpur Bind, in Uttar Pradesh, says he has been eating mud for the past eight years and prefers it with lime paste and water.

The 35-year-old said: "I was working on my farm one day when I felt this sudden urge to eat mud. I must have eaten only a little bit, but I liked what I ate.

"But slowly, the quantity increased and today I eat nearly two kilograms of mud. (4 1/2 POUNDS)

I think it really benefits me and I feel immense strength when I eat it."

Barsaatu’s "greed for mud" has reportedly led to frequent brawls with local farmers who resent his habit of scooping up "quality" mud from their properties.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...=news.quirkies

With all the great Indian food around, I wonder, "why mud?" I remember in the 70's the Prime Minister of India, Dasai was his name, I think, would drink his own urine. I think it was some sort of Yoga cleansing thing,.. yuk...we earthlings definitely have much to learn..mpi

Pica
    Pica includes strong cravings for non-food items. The most frequent are
    Dirt, clay

Paint chips, plaster, chalk

Cornstarch, laundry starch, baking soda

Coffee grounds

Cigarette ashes, burnt match heads

Rust

Other items that are not usually considered food

Pica is usually found in
    Pregnant women

People whose diets are deficient in minerals contained in the consumed substances

People who have psychiatric disturbances such as hysteria

People with developmental disabilities or similar impairments.

People whose family or ethnic customs include eating certain non-food substances

People who diet, become hungry, and then try to ease hunger and cravings with low-calorie, non-food substances.

Some pica is harmless
    But if the craved substance is toxic or contaminated (intestinal infections and parasites are particular concerns), or if it blocks the intestines, it can lead to medical emergency and death. Medical evaluation is essential.

http://www.anred.com/pica.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

EWWWWWW.... nasty!

Anyone in the mood for a "mud pie?"

Have respect for differing opinions.
    After all, we're equally entitled to our .

Perhaps he washes it all down with a 'mudslide' drink??

Seriously, my dog (sheltie) had pica. Was always chewing the heads off of matches, ate a bit of the wood cupboards, etc. The Vet diagnosed him. Can't remember what we did to cure him of it (other than get him a muzzle).

When I was pregnant, I had the mad urge to eat our live christmas tree, but that was about it. Always did envy those kids in grade school who made it a habit to eat paste..

Quote Originally Posted by Pook
    Perhaps he washes it all down with a 'mudslide' drink??..
    ----I always enjoyed eating my mud with a shot of tequila, a slice of lemon and
    a bit of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals
    ----I always enjoyed eating my mud with a shot of tequila, a slice of lemon and
    a bit of salt
    Sounds good to me...I perfer Hornitos tequila, lime, splash of brandy, and an olive over shaved ice, no salt, mud on the side...mpi