Reaction score
"
attachment.php

Baltimore City, Maryland
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: September 10, 1987
Location Last Seen: Baltimore City, Maryland

Physical Description
** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.

Date of Birth: November 9, 1940
Age at Time of Disappearance: 46
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 6'
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 300 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown; gray side burns
Eye Color: Unknown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals:Unavailable
Fingerprints: Unavailable
DNA: Unavailable
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: White short sleeve dress shirt, black pants

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Brown shoes.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Crane was last heard from 09/10/1987 at 2100 hours at his business located at 5301 Curtis Avenue, the E & M Machinery Inc. company. When last seen he was wearing white short sleeve dress shirt, black pants and brown shoes. Also missing is Crane's 1975 Mercedes 300DL four door sedan. Tan in color. This vehicle had a Maryland dealers tag # 1A23660 affixed to the rear bumper. VIN; 11511412011529. Also missing is Crane's pet Rotweiller dog who answers to the name of Sherlock.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4794dmmd.html

Attachments

• 4794DMMD.jpg
    4794DMMD.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 70
https://hereandnow.wbur.org/2015/09/22/daughters-investigation
0922_kate-crane-e1442935437545-624x428.jpg

Lengthy article written by mp's daughter, includes many pics.

http://www.ozy.com/true-story/whatever-happened-to-eddy-crane/61143

"On the night of September 10, 1987, my father vanished from this place. He called my mother to say he was on his way home; he never showed up. From the start, our family was sure that his business partner, Augie, had him murdered after my father accused him of embezzlement — all vehemently denied by Augie. Detectives at Baltimore City Homicide have said they had similar suspicions, but no charges were ever brought. Over the years the case first grew cold and then became the stuff of cop campfire lore. David Simon based an episode of Homicide on it in 1997 and later mentioned my father by name in The Wire. In 2008, Sergeant Roger Nolan, then head of the cold case unit, told me, “We sit around this office sometimes and wonder, Whatever happened to Eddy Crane?”

Page 1, 2 and 3.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-05-31/news/1992152045_1_crane-office-desk-eddy
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-05-31/news/1992152045_1_crane-office-desk-eddy/2
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-05-31/news/1992152045_1_crane-office-desk-eddy/3

Page 1.
"Dead or alive? Businessman missing for years Murder suspected, but where's the body?
May 31, 1992|By David Simon | David Simon,Staff Writer

Murder, Detective Edward Brown figured. Murder, plain and simple.

But there was no body. And everything the Baltimore homicide detective found in that trucking company office five years ago told him he would never find the body of Eddy Robert Crane, a South Baltimore businessman who hasn't been heard from since.

"There's no doubt in my mind that Eddy Crane's dead and his body was disposed of," Detective Brown says now. "There's no doubt of that."

A likely scenario for the murder, according to police sources:

Eddy Crane is at his desk inside E & M Machinery company in Curtis Bay, when he is confronted by at least two gunmen. They order him out of the building. Mr. Crane resists. They shoot once or twice to disable him, perhaps wounding him in his leg. He fights on and they fire again, killing him. They put the heavyset businessman's body in an office chair, then drag it out to a pickup truck and drive the body away.

Then the killers try to clean up the crime scene.

It's the scenario that matched the evidence that police recovered from the E & M office: blood throughout the office -- on the leg of a desk, on a television screen, on the floor behind a closet door. Blood on a mop and pail that apparently had been used to clean the office. A bullet hole in a file cabinet and bullets of two calibers in the cabinet, behind the wallboard and in the ceiling.

Later, more bullet holes were discovered in the office desk; they had been filled with wood putty. And there were the scuff marks on the floor.

Not to mention what wasn't there: any sign of robbery or forced entry. The only things missing from the office were Eddy Crane, his pet Rottweiler, the chair and the gun he carried to protect himself."

Thank you for posting this, Dotr. I thought I knew most of the Maryland missing -- some of them really stick with you: Stephanie Gant, Karen Kamsch, Junior Burdynski, and so many, too many others. But I hadn't heard of Eddy Crane at all. I hope your posts will bring some renewed interest and bring resolution for Eddy's daughters.

Really interesting yet very sad. The daughter I think will now be 40, nearly the same age as her mother was, 43, when this happened.

I hope she one day finds the truth of what happened to her dad and where he is.

rbbm
4794DMMD - Eddy Robert Crane
4794DMMD - Eddy Robert Crane

4794DMMD.jpg

Name: Eddy Robert Crane
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: November 9, 1940
Location Last Seen: Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland

Physical Description
Date of Birth: November 9, 1940
Race: White
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 300 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown, Gray side burns
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Crane was last heard from 09/10/1987 at 2100 hours at his business located at 5301 Curtis Avenue, the E & M Machinery Inc. company. When last seen he was wearing white short sleeve dress shirt, black pants and brown shoes. Also missing is Crane's 1975 Mercedes 300DL four door sedan. Tan in color. This vehicle had a Maryland dealers tag # 1A23660 affixed to the rear bumper. VIN; 11511412011529. Also missing is Crane's pet Rotweiller dog who answers to the name of Sherlock.

Bumping for Eddy as we head toward the 35th anniversary of his disappearance...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back