GUILTY IL - Mom, boyfriend charged with drowning 3 kids in Clinton Lake

I think the give away here is that the adults were on the shore.
Come on! If my car rolls into the water with my kids in it I'm going in after them not waiting for anyone.
I don't care if the water is cold.

same here, I'd die trying to save my child. Without him, I'd be dead inside anyways......

There's no doubt about it, I'd have died trying, clinging to the car if necessary, to save my children. Susan the Shover Smith comes to mind. Ugh.

Oh I so remember her face (Susan Smith) crying at that news conference begging for her children and the whole time that B*&^% knew where her children were. And I remember those babies faces like it was yesterday. So innocent, so cute and taken by some selfish B*&^% because she decided they were cramping her lifestyle. You're right Imon, UGH comes to mind.

Yes, alpharee. It just breaks my heart to think of those innocent little guys thinking that mom would rescue them, when they became uncomfortable. This woman could try the patience of a saint. I weep for the little guys, yet. And all so she could get it on with some boyfriend who didn't want the kids. Whatever she goes through, surely isn't enough. God is her final one to answer to, and we on Earth are grateful, as His treatment of her will surely be different. Imagine those innocent babes, rolling into the water, and dying from drowning. I shudder. This case ellicits bad feelings from me that I hate to admit. That, and JonBenet Ramsey having to leave this world in the manner she did. All the kiddies at the hands of a person in a fiduciary position in their lives. Sob....

this crime isn't too far from my hometown ... it makes me physically sick to think of those poor kids as their mother watched the car roll into the water and they were helpless, probably crying. How can people do this???

This really is horrible. Please don't take this the wrong way- it is not the Grandmother's job to take the children but I do remember reading one of the earliest articles that came out where the Grandmother said she would have taken all three kids but this most recent article said her daughter asked her and she said she could only take one. Very hard to discern what to do in a case like this. On the one hand, the Grandmother has raised her family and has a right to live her life now. And of course who could imagine that this could transpire. On the other, who knows what could have been avoided if the father or grandmother had dug a little deeper to identify what the roots of the request were all about. Either way, a tragedy for all involved. So sad.

Oh, God. What a terrible, terrible story. I cannot fathom a greater tragedy.

Imon, I must give you credit--Susan "the shover" Smith is a great alliteration--we agree upon that point.

Who could argue against the death penalty in such cases?

LaGrone trial lawyers waiting on reports

Expert opinions on post-traumatic stress and the technical dynamics of how a vehicle sinks in water are among the reports attorneys need before a trial date can be scheduled in the trial of a man accused of drowning three children.
Maurice LaGrone Jr. and his defense counsel agreed it was not possible to set a date for his trial on nine counts of first-degree murder. LaGrone and former girlfriend Amanda Hamm each face a possible death sentence in the September 2003 drowning deaths of Hamm's children, Christopher Hamm, 6, Austin Brown, 3 and Kyleigh Hamm, 23 months.

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/052405/new_20050524053.shtml

The children who drowned in 2003 in Clinton Lake can't testify in the murder trials of their mother and her former boyfriend, but jurors will hear about some of the things they said.
Christopher Hamm, 6, and Austin Brown, 3, made statements about defendant Maurice LaGrone Jr. to an early childhood education teacher in Clinton and to two friends of their mother, Amanda Hamm.

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/060305/new_20050603007.shtml

Prosecutors in the murder case of Maurice LaGrone Jr. said Tuesday they intend to call his former girlfriend as a witness when he goes to trial over the deaths of her three children.

Peters ruled Tuesday that this and future issues of evidence in the LaGrone case will not be dealt with until after the jury is chosen. The move was seen as a victory for news organizations objecting to previous hearings being held behind closed doors.

Peters also said he wants the LaGrone trial to start on Oct. 3 so it can wrap up before the holiday season. No trial date has been set for Hamm, but LaGrone will be tried first.

Prosecutors said they want to use Hamm's testimony to prove a conspiracy existed between the pair.

http://www.pantagraph.com/stories/062205/new_20050622027.shtml

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back