1448 users online (362 members and 1086 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 611
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,858

    DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

    Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
    By Greg Botelho, CNN
    Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

    (CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
    Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
    Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
    By NBC Washington and News4
    Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

    The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
    Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.



    Charging Document
    DC Mansion Warrant
    Return After Search of Ford
    Return After Search of White Chevy
    Return After Search of BMW
    DW Preliminary Hearing Transcript

    Other Documents

    Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19Thread #20
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 10-04-2015 at 08:42 AM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,858
    ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

    Thanks.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulas88 View Post
    Could DW simple have had a gun pointed at SS? Had his wife restrain him?
    I like this answer the best so far. Now, he would have to unbind mrs. S before mr. S arrived. He would have to know that mr. S was coming home alone. No buddies from the dojo coming over, no grandparents or friends coming to check/ see Philip for instance, etc.
    He would have to be in close quarters with two adults.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    I would not assume there wasn't. I have no doubt LE has much more evidence than has been made public. They only stated the minimum necessary to obtain an arrest warrant for Wint.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I agree they have much more information. Would you agree that their analysis of the crime scene is superior to ours?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyle_E_Coyote View Post
    I would not assume there wasn't. I have no doubt LE has much more evidence than has been made public. They only stated the minimum necessary to obtain an arrest warrant for Wint.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Exactly- I like to enjoy each day but I look forward to December 17th!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer View Post
    I agree they have much more information. Would you agree that their analysis of the crime scene is superior to ours?
    Sure. And at the preliminary hearing it was stated they had no evidence indicating others were involved.

    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer View Post
    I like this answer the best so far. Now, he would have to unbind mrs. S before mr. S arrived. He would have to know that mr. S was coming home alone. No buddies from the dojo coming over, no grandparents or friends coming to check/ see Philip for instance, etc.
    He would have to be in close quarters with two adults.
    I think he knew that SS was coming home alone. Amy had talked to him on the phone. He would have told her if he was not alone.

    And it did not matter if anyone else stopped by. They didn't need to answer the door.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Piney Woods
    Posts
    7,346
    It's Daron Wint. I follow another case where I use Mr. D, but he's the victim. Just a heads up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think he knew that SS was coming home alone. Amy had talked to him on the phone. He would have told her if he was not alone.

    And it did not matter if anyone else stopped by. They didn't need to answer the door.
    Good, but it raises another question. If both Amy and mr. S are untethered what would stop mr S from attacking dint while calling for Amy to run hit the panic button or run to a neighbors house?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    I know it sounds silly on the face of it but Where did mr. D go to the bathroom?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,258
    I think it could go any which way and we aren't going to be able to reason our way to the answer.

    There are plenty of cases in which one person restrained and killed more than one victim.
    There are plenty of cases in which someone was hired or persuaded to do the dirty work of another person's.
    There are plenty of cases in which LE did not make an arrest for months or even years after the crime.
    There are plenty of cases in which two or more people who didn't know each other very well happened to come together to commit different aspects of the same crime.

    Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Reasonable people can hold different opinions about the most likely scenario.

    In my mind, Wint probably had some sort of help or there was some catalyzing event (beyond being fired by SS many years prior). I think he probably had assistance, at least in some stages (targeting, planning, execution, disposition of goods, disposal of evidence, evasion of justice), but I have no more or less evidence of that than anyone else has of any other possibility.

    I feel we will know the truth in time.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    Yes, there are other cases where one person restrained more than one other person and killed them all, however every case is somewhat different wouldn't you say?
    There is huge risk involved for this to be done for a single perpetrator.
    It has been theorized that loads more evidence will be presented at trial linking mr. D to the crime and him alone. We shall see.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    7,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer View Post
    Yes, there are other cases where one person restrained more than one other person and killed them all, however every case is somewhat different wouldn't you say?
    There is huge risk involved for this to be done for a single perpetrator.
    It has been theorized that loads more evidence will be presented at trial linking mr. D to the crime and him alone. We shall see.

    Who is Mr. D?

    Corpus Christi, Texas

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,261
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I think he knew that SS was coming home alone. Amy had talked to him on the phone. He would have told her if he was not alone.

    And it did not matter if anyone else stopped by. They didn't need to answer the door.
    Unless there has been some change in the official timeline, AS would have talked to SS prior to being held captive where her wanting a girl's night out right before the grand opening had nothing to do with DW forcing her to say that (not that I believe what had/is the official timeline), so whether he was alone or not wouldn't have come up unless that's the type of thing he's likely to say or she would ask without anyone being under duress. Unless there's some sort of evidence that I'm not aware of, DW (et al) per the official break-in time could have broken in around the time that SS arrived home depending on the traffic. If the hostage-taking started at 6 PM SS may or may not have been home or arrived quickly after the initial break-in.

    It's been awhile since I've posted here as it didn't seem like anything was going on. The last I remember was that there was an official timeline that didn't make sense where AS would demand SS come home and babysit right before the grand opening he had been waiting his entire life for and that nobody besides DW had been arrested - not even for something related to conspiracy after the fact - despite DW with a whole posse doing money laundering.
    Last edited by SpanishInquisition; 10-04-2015 at 08:33 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
    Unless there has been some change in the official timeline, AS would have talked to SS prior to being held captive where her wanting a girl's night out right before the grand opening had nothing to do with DW forcing her to say that (not that I believe what had/is the official timeline), so whether he was alone or not wouldn't have come up unless that's the type of thing he's likely to say or she would ask without anyone being under duress. Unless there's some sort of evidence that I'm not aware of, DW (et al) per the official break-in time could have broken in around the time that SS arrived home depending on the traffic. If the hostage-taking started at 6 PM SS may or may not have been home or arrived quickly after the initial break-in.

    It's been awhile since I've posted here as it didn't seem like anything was going on. The last I remember was that there was an official timeline that didn't make sense where AS would demand SS come home and babysit right before the grand opening he had been waiting his entire life for and that nobody besides DW had been arrested - not even for something related to conspiracy after the fact - despite DW with a whole posse doing money laundering.
    Thank you, I am not sure about the timeline either but if you are correct it makes it even riskier for dw. Do you remember any mention of dining room chairs being used to bind the victims ?

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1118
    Last Post: 07-15-2015, 07:30 PM
  2. Replies: 1036
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 02:37 PM
  3. Replies: 1056
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 06:14 PM
  4. Replies: 1177
    Last Post: 06-04-2015, 07:08 AM
  5. Replies: 969
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 12:33 AM

Tags for this Thread