DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
DC Mansion Warrant
Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW
DW Preliminary Hearing Transcript

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19Thread #20

ADMIN NOTE: The victims are not on trial here. Do NOT sleuth their surviving family members, nor post opinions which implicate the victims by their actions/behavior, UNLESS so indicated by LE.

Thanks.

Could DW simple have had a gun pointed at SS? Had his wife restrain him?
I like this answer the best so far. Now, he would have to unbind mrs. S before mr. S arrived. He would have to know that mr. S was coming home alone. No buddies from the dojo coming over, no grandparents or friends coming to check/ see Philip for instance, etc.
He would have to be in close quarters with two adults.

I would not assume there wasn't. I have no doubt LE has much more evidence than has been made public. They only stated the minimum necessary to obtain an arrest warrant for Wint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I agree they have much more information. Would you agree that their analysis of the crime scene is superior to ours?

I would not assume there wasn't. I have no doubt LE has much more evidence than has been made public. They only stated the minimum necessary to obtain an arrest warrant for Wint.

Exactly- I like to enjoy each day but I look forward to December 17th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree they have much more information. Would you agree that their analysis of the crime scene is superior to ours?
Sure. And at the preliminary hearing it was stated they had no evidence indicating others were involved.

I like this answer the best so far. Now, he would have to unbind mrs. S before mr. S arrived. He would have to know that mr. S was coming home alone. No buddies from the dojo coming over, no grandparents or friends coming to check/ see Philip for instance, etc.
He would have to be in close quarters with two adults.

I think he knew that SS was coming home alone. Amy had talked to him on the phone. He would have told her if he was not alone.

And it did not matter if anyone else stopped by. They didn't need to answer the door.

It's Daron Wint. I follow another case where I use Mr. D, but he's the victim. Just a heads up.

I think he knew that SS was coming home alone. Amy had talked to him on the phone. He would have told her if he was not alone.

And it did not matter if anyone else stopped by. They didn't need to answer the door.
Good, but it raises another question. If both Amy and mr. S are untethered what would stop mr S from attacking dint while calling for Amy to run hit the panic button or run to a neighbors house?

I know it sounds silly on the face of it but Where did mr. D go to the bathroom?

I think it could go any which way and we aren't going to be able to reason our way to the answer.

There are plenty of cases in which one person restrained and killed more than one victim.
There are plenty of cases in which someone was hired or persuaded to do the dirty work of another person's.
There are plenty of cases in which LE did not make an arrest for months or even years after the crime.
There are plenty of cases in which two or more people who didn't know each other very well happened to come together to commit different aspects of the same crime.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Reasonable people can hold different opinions about the most likely scenario.

In my mind, Wint probably had some sort of help or there was some catalyzing event (beyond being fired by SS many years prior). I think he probably had assistance, at least in some stages (targeting, planning, execution, disposition of goods, disposal of evidence, evasion of justice), but I have no more or less evidence of that than anyone else has of any other possibility.

I feel we will know the truth in time.

Yes, there are other cases where one person restrained more than one other person and killed them all, however every case is somewhat different wouldn't you say?
There is huge risk involved for this to be done for a single perpetrator.
It has been theorized that loads more evidence will be presented at trial linking mr. D to the crime and him alone. We shall see.

Yes, there are other cases where one person restrained more than one other person and killed them all, however every case is somewhat different wouldn't you say?
There is huge risk involved for this to be done for a single perpetrator.
It has been theorized that loads more evidence will be presented at trial linking mr. D to the crime and him alone. We shall see.

Who is Mr. D?

Unless there has been some change in the official timeline, AS would have talked to SS prior to being held captive where her wanting a girl's night out right before the grand opening had nothing to do with DW forcing her to say that (not that I believe what had/is the official timeline), so whether he was alone or not wouldn't have come up unless that's the type of thing he's likely to say or she would ask without anyone being under duress. Unless there's some sort of evidence that I'm not aware of, DW (et al) per the official break-in time could have broken in around the time that SS arrived home depending on the traffic. If the hostage-taking started at 6 PM SS may or may not have been home or arrived quickly after the initial break-in.

It's been awhile since I've posted here as it didn't seem like anything was going on. The last I remember was that there was an official timeline that didn't make sense where AS would demand SS come home and babysit right before the grand opening he had been waiting his entire life for and that nobody besides DW had been arrested - not even for something related to conspiracy after the fact - despite DW with a whole posse doing money laundering.

Unless there has been some change in the official timeline, AS would have talked to SS prior to being held captive where her wanting a girl's night out right before the grand opening had nothing to do with DW forcing her to say that (not that I believe what had/is the official timeline), so whether he was alone or not wouldn't have come up unless that's the type of thing he's likely to say or she would ask without anyone being under duress. Unless there's some sort of evidence that I'm not aware of, DW (et al) per the official break-in time could have broken in around the time that SS arrived home depending on the traffic. If the hostage-taking started at 6 PM SS may or may not have been home or arrived quickly after the initial break-in.

It's been awhile since I've posted here as it didn't seem like anything was going on. The last I remember was that there was an official timeline that didn't make sense where AS would demand SS come home and babysit right before the grand opening he had been waiting his entire life for and that nobody besides DW had been arrested - not even for something related to conspiracy after the fact - despite DW with a whole posse doing money laundering.
Thank you, I am not sure about the timeline either but if you are correct it makes it even riskier for dw. Do you remember any mention of dining room chairs being used to bind the victims ?

Thank you, I am not sure about the timeline either but if you are correct it makes it even riskier for dw. Do you remember any mention of dining room chairs being used to bind the victims ?

I don't recall the type of chairs that were used mentioned

In related news to this case Channing Phillips has been nominated for DC Attorney with Acting DC Attorney Vincent Cohen getting passed over, so someone else would now be in charge on the federal side:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...7a9912-692f-11e5-9223-70cb36460919_story.html

Quite interesting!

From your link SpanishInquisition:

The 57-year-old started in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District in the mid-1990s as a prosecutor. He later became the public face of the office, acting as spokesman during high-profile cases including the slaying of D.C. intern Chandra Levy.

In addition to the Gray investigation, Phillips would inherit the case of Ahmed Abu Khatallah, who is accused in the 2012 attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, which killed four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stephens. The office also is preparing for a retrial of Ingmar Guandique, who is accused in Levy’s 2001 killing. Earlier this year, a judge granted Guandique a new trial after it was revealed that a key witness in the first trial had lied.

There is to be a "Special Report' on this case at 9 PM ET on CNN tonight. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail