754 users online (92 members and 662 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OR - Nine killed in Umpqua Community College shooting, Roseburg, 1 Oct 2015 - #2

VICTIM 1. Lucero Alcaraz of Roseburg -- 19 years old

VICTIM 2. Quinn Glen Cooper of Roseburg -- 18 years old

VICTIM 3. Kim Saltmarsh Dietz of Roseburg -- 59 years old

VICTIM 4. Lucas Eibel of Roseburg -- 18 years old

VICTIM 5. Jason Dale Johnson of Winston -- 33 years old

VICTIM 6. Lawrence Levine of Glide -- 67 years old. Mr. Levine is the teacher.

VICTIM 7. Sarena Dawn Moore of Myrtle Creek -- 44 years old.

VICTIM 8. Treven Taylor Anspach of Sutherlin -- 20 years old.

VICTIM 9. Rebecka Ann Carnes of Myrtle Creek -- 18 years old.

https://twitter.com/DouglasCoSO

Thread #1
    Last edited by bessie; 10-04-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Jason Johnson Remembered

http://www.kptv.com/story/30176026/m...-better-person

"The last time Johnson’s mother Tonja Engel saw her son, he was taking a hard won step toward changing his life.

“That morning he was happy and carefree, and 'I love you mom, see you later,' and he never came home, he never will again,” she recalled.

Johnson was taking classes at UCC after earning his high school diploma and getting clean through the Salvation Army's rehab program.

“He got all of his paperwork done to get his grants,” Engel explained. “He was very proud of himself for doing that. He wanted to be in college. And um… he went for three days.”"

Rest in Peace, Jason.

The Whitney Heichel Memorial Garden
    Bringing "beauty and light into a place where
    there once was so much darkness"
    (Sasquatch, Websleuths member).

"In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.”
    ― Kakuzō Okakura, The Book Of Tea

Remembering Treven Anspach

Listening to today's press conference while I was driving, I had to pull over to the side of the road when I heard the fire chief speak about Treven Anspach, whose father is on the force. The pain in the chief's voice was heartbreaking.

http://www.kptv.com/story/30176395/u...round-good-kid

Anspach graduated from Sutherlin High School in 2014 and worked in the plywood department at Roseburg Forest Products. According to his former principal, he was a star basketball player, well-liked, and an all-around good kid.

Douglas County's Fire Chief spoke about Anspach Friday afternoon.

"Treven was one of the most positive young men, always looking for the best in life. Treven was larger than life and brought out the best in those around him. In Justin and Kim's words, Treven was a perfect son."

Rest in Peace Treven.

Remembering Kim Saltmarsh Dietz

Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59, was originally from Orange County, California. She was living in Roseburg and studying at UCC, officials said.

Her husband Eric Dietz works at Pyrenees Vineyard & Cellars, and according to a Facebook posting on the company website, Dietz had a daughter who was also a student at UCC. “[She] was thankfully unharmed,” the posting said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2383088

Rest in peace, Kim.

Remembering Lucero Alcaraz

Lucero’s sister, Maria Leticia Alcaraz posted: " Never in a million years would I have imagined going through something like this. She was my best friend and my sister,” she wrote. “I can’t begin to describe how I feel. I’m full of anger, pain, sadness, regret that I didn’t get the chance to see her or prevent this from happening.”

Maria Leticia Alcaraz wrote of being proud of her sister for getting scholarships that would cover the entirety of her college costs, and for the fact that she was in college honors and wrote that she “would have been a great pediatric nurse.”

http://koin.com/2015/10/02/umpqua-co...ms-identified/

[she visually reminds me of the actress Phoebe Cates]

Rest in peace, Lucero.

This beautiful video honoring the victims just came to my attention and brought me to tears. I'm reposting it for any who missed it earlier, as I did. Thank you, Sasquatch, for another moving compilation and perfect song.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y6M2ab...ature=youtu.be

OT: I will be re-posting the video Sas did two years ago for Stephanie Warner on her thread tomorrow. It will be 27 months since she disappeared.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

The youngest victim

Oct 3 2015, 8:20 pm ET

16-Year-Old Oregon Shooting Victim Faces 'Long Road' to Recovery: Family

by Elisha Fieldstadt

An injured teenage victim of the deadly shooting at an Oregon college is expected to recover from a bullet that ended up lodged in her kidney, but she faces "a long road," her family said Saturday.

At 16 years old, Cheyeanne Fitzgerald, is the youngest victim of Thursday's shooting at Umpqua Community College, her mother Bonnie Schaan, told reporters outside of the hospital where Fitzgerald is recovering after having a kidney removed.

Nine people were killed and nine others, including Fitzgerald, were injured when 26-year-old Christopher Harper Mercer opened fire in a classroom at the school. Authorities said Saturday that Mercer killed himself during an exchange of gunfire with officers who responded to the scene.

"We're blessed beyond belief that Cheyeanne is here today," said her aunt, Colleen Fitzgerald...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ore...covery-n438146

Even if all people that present like these killers do not go on to kill, a lonely life is not OK. Everyone needs to be part of a community .

Quite frankly, I would not enjoy being friends with a La... Or this new killer so I am not miss holier than thou.

What can be done to engage these people and also to have parents understand they are not doing their child any favors,

I think from a couple of parents held hostage by their kid's issues that I know,they fear suicide

Remembering Lucas Eibel

A statement by his family says that Lucas (18), who was studying chemistry, loved Future Farmers of America and volunteering at Wildlife Safari and Saving Grace animal shelter.

“He was an amazing soccer player,” a family statement reads. His family also noted his academic achievements, including graduating Roseburg High School with high academic marks, receiving a Ford Family Foundation scholarship, and receiving an Umpqua Community College scholars award.

Rest in peace, Lucas.

'Daddy, he began to shoot': A daughter's account of Oregon rampage
    Matt Pearce Los Angeles Times
    October 4, 2015

[...]
    Scroggins' story was about his 18-year-old daughter, Lacey, and about the boy he believes saved her life on Thursday when a gunman strode into her classroom at Umpqua Community College, killing her teacher and eight of her schoolmates before fatally shooting himself.

It was one of the worst tragedies in Oregon's history. Lacey Scroggins lived. The boy didn't.

[...]
    At that point, Harper-Mercer told another student that if she begged for her life, he would spare her. But when the woman began to beg, she said, “Daddy, he shot her anyway...."

[...]
    What happened next is something Scroggins wants everyone to remember about his daughter.

When she realized it was safe to get up, he said, Lacey pulled a scarf off her neck and used it as a tourniquet on a victim, She did the same for another classmate; she remembered urging them to use a finger to plug a bullet hole.

[...]
    “We know beyond a shadow of any doubt that his blood on my daughter convinced the shooter that she was dead," he said. “That young man, whose name is Treven Anspach … saved our daughter's life.”
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Updates on Julie Woodworth (19)

"The surviving victim with the most serious injuries is being treated at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center.

She has been identified as 19-year-old Julie Woodworth. Doctors say she’s in critical but stable condition.

“She looks good this morning,” trauma surgeon Dr. Scott Russi said. “I’m optimistic… Time will tell as we are able to wake her up, take her off the ventilator, get a better neurologic exam on her.”

Doctors said Woodworth underwent a craniectomy to relieve pressure on her head.

According to a message on her GFM page, Woodworth was shot 10 times. Relatives told KOIN 6 News she was shot in her arms, knees and head.

She’s already undergone multiple surgeries and doctors say they will have to do more.

[Woodworth's friend Cheyenne] Clark said Woodworth was only taking one class this semester, to ease her way into school. It was her first year at UCC and her first week of class."

Prayers of healing and peace for Julie and those who love her.

http://koin.com/2015/10/02/family-uc...ad-arms-knees/

This cannot go on.

Oregon shooter showed little sympathy in calculated killings
    Updated October 4, 2015 2:14 PM
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

[...]
    The first-year student told her family from the hospital that Levine was shot at point-blank range.

"She was crying and saying, 'Grandma, he killed my teacher! He killed my teacher! I saw it!" Janet Willis said, in recounting her granddaughter's story.

In the chaos that followed, Boylan found herself on the classroom floor, bleeding next to a friend who had also been shot.

[...]
    Boylan, 18, was in terrible pain when Harper-Mercer told her to stand. She had been shot through the spine and a bullet was lodged in her back...

Like Scroggins, she played dead and Mercer left her there. He showed little mercy to others.

[...]
    McGowan, 18, managed to stay alive by staying as still as possible and avoiding eye contact with the shooter, his mother recounted.
    Then his phone began to vibrate in his pocket. His older brother was calling.

"Rand was like, 'Oh my goodness,' and said 'Thank you Lord! My phone was on vibrate,'" his mother, Salas, said. "If it had rang, he would have been picked out."

[...]
    Lacey Scroggins said she heard a burst of gunfire and then the shooter said one last thing.

"You got me. I've had enough. I quit," her father recounted.

And then it was silent.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Remembering Rebecka Ann Carnes

Rebecka Ann Carnes, 18, of Myrtle Creek, was the niece of a Roseburg fire department EMT and the great-granddaughter of U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley's first cousin.

In a written statement, Merkley wrote: “Rebecka’s beautiful spirit will be enormously missed.”

A GFM site has been set up for Carnes by her cousin, Lisa Crawford. As of Friday afternoon, the site had raised more than $1,200 to help Carnes’ parents “with Becka’s final expenses.”

“Don’t let life ever become so busy that you don’t have a moment to stop and be kind to someone,” Crawford wrote. “Let love and gentleness shine in the wake of this violence.”

Rest in peace, Rebecka

Treven Anspach was 20-years-old

Oregon community college student Treven Anspach’s final moments were used to save life of classmate, girl’s father says
    BY Nancy Dillon
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Sunday, October 4, 2015, 12:08 PM

[...]
    A local pastor, Scroggins said his daughter recalled the gunman rounding up students on the classroom floor and opening fire.

“As they were laying down, he shot them and shot them,” Lacey said, according to her dad.

Anspach happened to be next to her. She recognized him as an older student who also had attended Sutherlin High School.

“All of a sudden I heard a huge bang, it was like it was almost in my ear,” she told her dad. “I didn’t look up, but all of a sudden I felt his body as it moved over on mine and I felt the weight of his body. And as I looked under my arm, I saw his blood as it was coming under my arm.”

She recalled feeling the warmth of the blood washing over her, he said.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast