Malta - 28 hurt as Brit millionaire crashes Porsche into crowd

zwiebel

Reaction score
Paul Bailey, a British millionaire and supercar collector, has injured 28 people when his car span out of control during a rally at a disused airport in Malta. Four people are reported to be critical, including a six-year-old girl.

The vintage car, worth nearly a million dollars, is a Porsche Spyder and the same type of Porsche which proved ill-fated for movie star Jimmy Dean too. A photo of the rally appears to show unfixed crowd barriers which would be unlikely to offer much protection for the audience in the event of an accident.

The Paqpaqli Ghall-Istrina event, where the accident happened, is an annual fundraiser organised by the Maltese government...President Marie-Louise Coleiro Preca has said she is heartbroken and traumatised by the major incident.

http://news.sky.com/story/1563833/british-millionaire-crashes-porsche-into-crowd?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

ETA: Sorry! Graphic video of accident at link. I didn't see it there when I posted!

I can't believe organizers didn't have impact barriers there. That was just an accident waiting to happen, in my opinion. Those metal barriers went down like ninepins.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back