GUILTY TN - Sheriff: 5th grade boy kills 8-year-old MaKayla Dyer with shotgun

Infuriating that this child had such easy access to a shotgun. This is no tragedy, it was completely avoidable with proper and responsible gun storage and education. These stories make me so incredibly angry. Be responsible!

Infuriating that this child had such easy access to a shotgun. This is no tragedy, it was completely avoidable with proper and responsible gun storage and education. These stories make me so incredibly angry. Be responsible!

Well, it's a crime. 11 year old is charged with first degree murder.

He just committed his crime at an earlier age than the guy in Oregon last week. There are a lot of angry kids and a lot of crappy parents out there.

I'm guessing this kid was already pretty well acquainted with that gun before this incident, since he was able to hit his target shooting out a window. I'm not anti-gun, but I am anti irresponsible gun owners, especially those who's stupidity allows guns to end up in the hands of children. I'm hoping we will be hearing about another arrest in this case soon.

He just committed his crime at an earlier age than the guy in Oregon last week. There are a lot of angry kids and a lot of crappy parents out there.

Post of the day. Thank you.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-32...neighbor-dead-dad-s-shot-gun-fight-puppy.html
The boy was taken into custody and charged with first-degree murder
Dyer's mother says the boy had a history of bullying her daughter

Unbelievable.
Even with a charge of first degree murder.. I'm guessing this kid will be out on parole by 21 at the very latest.
And that's if he is completely rehabilitated and over his possible anger issues ; but I'm not going to hold my breath. :(

What about the adult who purchased the gun and made it easily accessible ? Shouldn't there be more charges ?
:moo:

Rest gently, Maykayla ! My condolences to her grieving loved ones. :maddening:

The owner of the gun should def be prosecuted.

"WHITE PINE, Tenn. (AP) — An 11-year-old boy has been charged with murder after he killed his 8-year-old neighbor, police said, and witnesses say it was because the girl wouldn’t let him see her puppy.

Deputies were called to the neighborhood in White Pine, about 40 miles east of Knoxville, on Saturday night. The boy shot the girl from inside his home with his father’s 12-gauge shotgun, said Jefferson County Sheriff Bud McCoig.

Latasha Dyer said her daughter was playing outside when the next-door neighbor asked to see the puppy. McKayla told the boy “no,” and he shot her, Dyer said. A neighbor, Misty Edwards, said her niece was playing with the girl and saw what happened."

More at link: http://koin.com/2015/10/05/boy-11-accused-of-killing-girl-8-over-puppy/

Holy Mother Mary! Heartbreaking all around.

Dear lord, why did this child have access to a shotgun???????????

Oh my God that is so terrible! I have no words. Just terrible. The poor girl and her family.

Elainera, it's so nice to see you!

:seeya:

They should charge the owner of the weapon with negligence also.

From the article:
The two children went to the same school, where McKayla was in second grade and the boy in fifth grade. Dyer said the boy had bullied her daughter before, when they first moved to the neighborhood.

“He was making fun of her, calling her names, just being mean to her,” she said. “I had to go the principal about him and he quit for a while, and then all of a sudden yesterday he shot her.”

This is such a heartbreaking crime. :(

They should charge the owner of the weapon with negligence also.

The charge should be something like manslaughter for the gun owner -- some jurisdictions have a charge of 'criminal negligence causing death', which I think fits here.

Agree .. criminal negligence is a fitting charge, I wish there would be a charge on the books for parents of a child who gain access to a weapon and use it against themselves or another. It should be as weighty as manslaughter ... agree!

I hope whoever allowed this child to be able to access the gun is charged. I hate guns, I have never shot one nor touched one, but we do have 2 and my father has a ton and "ton" may not be exaggerating. My children were raised around these guns along with my niece and nephews and not ONCE has any of them gotten a hold of a gun. When children are over, the guns are locked away unless going down to the shooting range and then it is with a responsible adult. I will never understand how a child is able to access a gun. Never!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back