TX TX - Kathryn, 40, & Ava Baldwin, 6, San Antonio, 17 Sept 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Kathryn Baldwin and Ava Baldwin
635796695581736484-missing-girl-and-mom.jpg

Missing: SAPD searching for mother and daughter
" The San Antonio Police Department said officers are searching for Kathryn Baldwin and her 6-year-old daughter Ava Baldwin.

SAPD said both were last seen on the 6000 block of Whitby Road, and the last time anyone reported having contact with them was Sept. 17."

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/2015/10/05/missing-sapd-searching-mother-and-daughter/73417152/

Ava is about 4 ft. tall, weighs 60 lbs. and has a fair complexion. She also has curly blond hair and hazel eyes.

Kathryn reportedly also goes by the nickname "Katie", is 40 years old, 5'10" and weighs 125 lbs. She also has a fair complexion, blond hair and hazel eyes. Kathryn has medical conditions requiring help. She also has straight shoulder-length hair and is right-handed.

http://www.kens5.com/story/news/2015/10/05/missing-sapd-searching-mother-and-daughter/73417152/

Kind of a long time to report them missing ? Most people make a missing person's report within 24 hours or so.
Hope they are both alright and just needed some time away.
:thinking:

:moo:

Yeah I hope they are just escaping and safe somewhere.

The search continues for a mother and young daughter who have been missing for months.

"We don't know what's happened to her, sometimes we fear the worst," said Mark Baldwin, the missing woman's sister.

40 year old Kathryn Baldwin, who also goes by Katie, and her seven year old daughter, Ava, were last seen in September.

(...)

On April 18th, the missing mother's car was discovered abandoned in a parking lot off Ingram and Loop 410, but there was no sign of Katie or Ava. "Someone knows something."

Baldwin's family and friends are trying to generate leads on a Facebook page dedicated to their disappearances, as police continue to investigate
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/help-us-find-katie-ava-baldwin

This just come up in my Facebook from HSTNG saying additional info.
I can not believe there is so little out there about them being missing?
Did anyone stop and help? Who? So many questions..

86b430779a7979785f30c0320e919fd8.jpg

Sent from my Lenovo TAB S8-50F using Tapatalk

If I have the correct case here, Ava was featured on LivePD this past Saturday. What a stunningly beautiful child!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. They are still missing. I am an acquaintance of Katie's. It's true what her ex said on LivePD that she would ask homeless shelters and women's shelters for help. I don't necessarily believe that she kidnapped Ava. Her car was found abandoned in a parking lot and there was a creepy older man who was infatuated with her. He did a photoshoot of them the day before she went missing. I always thought he had a crush on her. She said he was just a friend and helping them out.

When she went missing, he posted a comment on his facebook along with an article about her being missing. He said "this says that she was 125 but that's not right. She was 109 soaking wet" and I thought that was super creepy. I forgot his name though and I went back through to find his comments and they were deleted since the last time I looked!

NOV 13, 2020
These San Antonio residents vanished and have never been found (mysanantonio.com)
[...]

1200x0.jpg

Ava Baldwin, 6, was involved in cheerleading and soccer before her disappearance. She was last seen in San Antonio in September 2015.

Ava may be with her mother, Kathryn Baldwin, who was a warrant out for her arrest. The pair disappeared after Ava's father, David Hopper, requested full custody of her.

Kathryn's vehicle was found abandoned in a Whitby Road parking lot seven months after the pair went missing. While Kathryn's family believes the pair are dead, Hopper thinks they are alive and that people in the San Antonio area helped them leave the state.

"I want my daughter to know that I never gave up, and I never will," Hopper told Kens 5 in 2018.

Anyone with information about Baldwin is asked to contact the SAPD Missing Persons Unit at 210-207-7660.

[...]

MAR 3, 2021
San Antonio missing child case featured in new true crime TV show (mysanantonio.com)

1200x0.jpg

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created an age progression photo showing what missing child Ava Baldwin may look like today. Baldwin went missing in 2015 when she was 5-years-old.

[...]

Police believe the child's mother, Kathryn Baldwin, abducted Ava before a custody hearing in which the girl's father was going to ask for full custody. At the time, Kathryn Baldwin shared custody of Ava.

Kathryn, who was 40-years-old in 2015, allegedly has a history of alcohol and prescription drug abuse and suffers from mental illness, according to The Charley Project, an organization that highlights missing persons cases. Kathryn is supposed to be on medication, but there's been no evidence of her refilling her prescriptions since disappearing.

[...]

The show will premiere on Investigation Discovery at 8 p.m. on Monday. It will also air on the new streaming service discovery+ on Sunday.

[...]

Subscribing. I caught Ava's case on Live PD. Her poor Dad.

How do parents do these things?
bbm
Ita.
Sometimes a parent would rather their child be dead -- than for the other parent to have custody.
And it sounds like the mother had substance abuse issues and mental health problems.
If there was a possibility that Ava's dad might receive full custody, Kathryn might have snapped and moms' other issues wouldn't have helped the situation.
It appears that Ava was safer with her dad.

Since the police are publicly stating that they believe Ava was kidnapped, I think they have good evidence !
And more information than we know.
Imo.

MAR 3, 2021
San Antonio missing child case featured in new true crime TV show (mysanantonio.com)

1200x0.jpg

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children created an age progression photo showing what missing child Ava Baldwin may look like today. Baldwin went missing in 2015 when she was 5-years-old.

[...]

Police believe the child's mother, Kathryn Baldwin, abducted Ava before a custody hearing in which the girl's father was going to ask for full custody. At the time, Kathryn Baldwin shared custody of Ava.

Kathryn, who was 40-years-old in 2015, allegedly has a history of alcohol and prescription drug abuse and suffers from mental illness, according to The Charley Project, an organization that highlights missing persons cases. Kathryn is supposed to be on medication, but there's been no evidence of her refilling her prescriptions since disappearing.

[...]

The show will premiere on Investigation Discovery at 8 p.m. on Monday. It will also air on the new streaming service discovery+ on Sunday.

[...]
bbm
Even if Ava's alive, her mom is irresponsible to avoid taking her meds while caring for a child -- and yet Kathryn still thinks Ava is safer with her than with her father. :eek:
MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni