CA CA - Barstow, WhtMale UP2573, 35-40, camo pants & cowboy boots, Mar'88

Namus https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2573 shows two ruleouts:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Craig Alexander 1961 Vermont
Patrick Taylor 1959 Illinois

He was wearing a rust-(colored?) jacket, a red and blue plaid shirt, camouflage pants, and tan cowboy boots.

He has fingerprints, dentals, and DNA. There's a clear PM photo. We should be able to find this guy.

Bumping...

This guy has a perfectly recognizable face, but I couldn't really find many men resembling him.

Joseph Wayne Daggett (NamUs) is younger, heavier and is described to have auburn hair and freckles, but his picture is too grainy to see that. He was last seen on March 1, 1988, in Fort Stockton and his truck was found at the airport later. He wore brown cowboy boots.

I wish there was more info on the UID. How did he die? Where exactly was he found?

Oh, wow. Thanks for finding this.

I'm guessing the killer didn't ask/forgot/won't tell his name. Or anything about him.
I edited that first post, not sure if you saw. They said he was on his way to Arizona. That might help. I looking though NamUs now.

I edited that first post, not sure if you saw. They said he was on his way to Arizona. That might help. I looking though NamUs now.

Yeah, I see it now. Investigators also seem to think he was homeless/transient.
I'll take another look later, too.

Philip's eyes are described as brown, but UID's are green. The nose looks really similar.

From Philip's NamUs: "Philip Zarba was reported missing by a relative in 1985. There were rumors that Zarba may have been murdered but an investigation did not corroborate any of those rumors."
I find this interesting.

Philip's eyes are described as brown, but UID's are green. The nose looks really similar.

From Philip's NamUs: "Philip Zarba was reported missing by a relative in 1985. There were rumors that Zarba may have been murdered but an investigation did not corroborate any of those rumors."
I find this interesting.
Very. I tried finding a better picture of Phillip. No luck.

He looks pretty close IMHO. His beard may have just been growing back.

But geez, couldn't the state of California come up with a better descriptor for Zarba than this?
"Scars/Marks/Tattoo: Drug addiction- Cocaine"
I’m pretty sure I didn’t submit this one. But I’m thinking I should. o_O

Zarba's Doenetwork page: 503DMCA - Philip Michael Zarba
Charley Project: :Philip Michael Zarba – The Charley Project
Namus: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Namus indicates he's been ruled out as any of the Virginia UIDs.

Not much additional information except that he wasn't reported missing until a year later, by a relative.

I think he should be submitted. Not convinced the noses match, and there are some details that don't line up, but we've seen many cases where even major details were wrong. He's far too close not to get an official exclusion.

Zarba's Doenetwork page: 503DMCA - Philip Michael Zarba
Charley Project: :Philip Michael Zarba – The Charley Project
Namus: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Namus indicates he's been ruled out as any of the Virginia UIDs.

Not much additional information except that he wasn't reported missing until a year later, by a relative.

I think he should be submitted. Not convinced the noses match, and there are some details that don't line up, but we've seen many cases where even major details were wrong. He's far too close not to get an official exclusion.
I submitted him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back