Found Deceased NY - Lilia Aucapina, 40, Wainscott, 10 Oct 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Lilia “Esperanza” Aucapina
201510561a8cd7ba8a4.jpg

Police: Sagaponack Woman Reported Missing
"Police are seeking the public’s to help find a Sagaponack woman who went missing in East Hampton on Saturday night.

Lilia Aucapina, also known as “Esperanza” Aucapina, 40, was last seen on Saturday, October 10 at 9 a.m. at 386 Montauk Highway in Wainscot, according to police.

Aucupina was reported missing later the same day at 9:20 p.m, police said."

http://patch.com/new-york/southampton/police-sagaponack-woman-reported-missing-0

I can't find any updates on her...

Her husband, 50-year-old Carlos Aucapina, also of Sagaponack, has not been linked by any evidence to the disappearance of his wife, Lilia Aucapina, 40. In fact, they say her disappearance is something of a mystery: They have no leads in the investigation.

in addition....

According to the arrest and incident reports filed by East Hampton Town Police at Justice Court, the morning of the day Ms. Aucapina went missing, she and a male friend, Angel Tejada, and her husband were involved in a verbal dispute at 8:21 a.m. at the Meeting House Lane Medical Practice on Montauk Highway in Wainscott. According to Mr. Tejada’s statement to police, Mr. Aucapina confronted them and accused him of having an affair with Ms. Aucapina.

Mr. Tejada told police that he and Ms. Aucapina have known each other for several months and were walking from his house on Clyden Road in Wainscott to pick up her car, which was parked at the medical practice. She had left it there the night before because she spent the night at Mr. Tejada’s house.

According to his statement, Mr. Aucapina called Ms. Aucapina’s brother, Carlos Parra, who “started saying bad stuff to Lilia, and he was trying to start a fight with me.”

Mr. Tejada called police because he was fearful that the altercation with Mr. Aucapina would become physical, as Mr. Aucapina had confronted him in the past.

Police said Ms. Aucapina was not involved in the verbal dispute at all, but she was present, which still constitutes a violation of the order of protection by her husband.

When Mr. Tejada called police, both Mr. Parra and Mr. Aucapina left the parking lot of the medical practice, according to court documents.

Mr. Astarita said Mr. Aucapina had said he approached his wife in Wainscott and asked to talk, and she “said that she didn’t want to speak with him and that he needed to leave, which he did.”

Mr. Aucapina admitted to Southampton Town Police on Saturday, October 10, that he had violated the order of protection, and he was subsequently arrested and charged with criminal contempt by that department.

He was arraigned on the charge and released on $10,000 bail on October 15 at Southampton Town Justice Court—and then was immediately arrested by East Hampton Town Police in connection with the incident in Wainscott in the morning of October 10. He was later arraigned on Friday, October 16 in East Hampton Town Justice Court and is due back on October 22.

http://www.27east.com/news/article....-Missing-Husband-Violated-Order-Of-Protection

Great article from The Daily Beast on Lilia.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/11/05/a-hamptons-mom-vanishes-and-no-one-says-a-word.html

From the outside, Lilia Aucapina had it all.
Two months before she vanished, the Hamptons house cleaner and her 14-year-old daughter cooked for pediatric cancer patients. Friends said the mother devoted her life to helping others and taught her kids to do the same.
Aucapina and her husband, Carlos, emigrated from Ecuador two decades ago. They lived in a big house with a swimming pool in Sagaponak—home to one of the country’s wealthiest zip codes. Online listings show the home rented for $20,000 a month in the summer.

But beneath the surface, their American Dream was falling apart. In early October, a judge issued an order of protection as part of the couple’s divorce proceedings. Aucapina went missing days later, after Carlos and her brother confronted her and a younger male friend in a parking lot, accusing them of a having an affair.
Carlos Aucapina and Lilia’s brother, Carlos Parra, could not be reached for comment on the parking lot incident, though it was confirmed by Aucapina’s attorney.

Husband of Missing Sagaponack Woman Speaks Out, Professes His Innocence
Over one month after the disappearance of 40-year-old Sagaponack resident Lilia Aucapina, her estranged husband spoke out professing his innocence.

Carlos Aucapina, 50, was in jail for about a week after he was accused of violating an order of protection, made by his wife, after she was reported missing at about 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 10.

http://patch.com/new-york/easthampt...nack-woman-speaks-out-professes-his-innocence

Body Found in Woods Believed to Be Missing Sagaponack Woman
November 21, 2015 - 3:42pm
http://easthamptonstar.com/Police/20151121/Body-Found-Woods-Believed-Be-Missing-Sagaponack-Woman
Update, 9:04 p.m.: Southampton Town police have confirmed that they believe the body found hanging in the Sagaponack woods Saturday is that of Lilia (Esperanza) Aucapina, who had been reported missing six weeks ago. Detective Sgt. Lisa Costa said in a press release Saturday night that while the circumstances surrounding her death are still actively being investigated, "at this time the death is not believed to be criminal in nature."

RIP Lilia.

Hmmmm...hinky circumstances that day she went missing. With the confrontation from the soon to be Ex husband.

Anyone could have sent those texts to her kids.

Not believing this is suicide at the moment....

Hmmmm...hinky circumstances that day she went missing. With the confrontation from the soon to be Ex husband.

Anyone could have sent those texts to her kids.

Not believing this is suicide at the moment....

Lilia was a devout Catholic. I don't think it's very probable she would commit suicide.

I have family that are devout Catholics. I am a devout Christian, but we are all human. Suicide is what it is. No one is exempt. :(

I think she prob did kill herself. She was a devout Catholic but she was divorcing and her soon to be ex outed her dating to her brother, who reacted angrily, telling me that her family would have been upset w her, and she was under a lot of religious pressure.

OR her brother OR her new bf? Idk could be anything.

I think she prob did kill herself. She was a devout Catholic but she was divorcing and her soon to be ex outed her dating to her brother, who reacted angrily, telling me that her family would have been upset w her, and she was under a lot of religious pressure.

OR her brother OR her new bf? Idk could be anything.
I agree, I could see it going either way. I had a devout catholic friend in the same situation who committed suicide. She got out of the relationship but he continued to stalk and harass her, he violated orders of protection, etc. She felt so hopeless and like the police couldn't truly protect her, so she killed herself rather than live her life in fear.

But, she I could also see it being a murder made to look like suicide.

Something not right in this case.

I agree.

Aucapina’s estranged husband, Carlos R. Aucapina, 50, a self-employed carpenter, was hauled in for violating a protection order his estranged wife had against him but was later released. His lawyer, Colin Astarita, called the 40-year-old mother of two’s death a suicide and said it wasn’t a “total shock.”

Aucapina, a house cleaner, apparently hung herself hours after a dust-up with her husband, cops said. Aucapina got suspicious after he saw another man drive his wife to a parking lot in Wainscott on the morning of her disappearance.

http://nypost.com/2015/11/22/missing-mom-found-hanging-from-a-tree-near-her-home/

Oct 10, Lilli Aucapina was reported missing by her family. Her husband violated an order of protection earlier in the day. She was found almost 6 weeks later by a hunter hanging from a LOW lying branch in the woods. She had her children, her family, her home, and her job. She was starting a new life. Of course the phrase "apparent suicide" is being used at the moment. Did she off herself because she missed being used as a punching bag? I doubt it. Is it murder by hanging? How can that be proven when it took six weeks to find her? I hope the ME and SCPD get this right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back