706 users online (85 members and 621 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1064
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655

    ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #13


    Deorr Kunz Jr.

    Missing two year old in Lemhi County

    Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

    He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

    http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing...ounty/34110688

    Chief deputy on missing boy's family: 'They're solid
    KTVB, KTVB.COM 2:14 p.m. MDT July 16, 2015

    [...]
    "We've interviewed the family, and the information they've provided us - my office, myself - we're good with that," he said.

    "And I know there's a lot of innuendo out on social media and a lot of stuff going out there and it would be nice if it would stop and let them have a little peace. They're solid."

    3 months, still no sign of missing toddler
    Chelsea Brentzel
    POSTED: 10:39 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015 -- UPDATED: 10:51 PM MDT Oct 09, 2015

    LEADORE, Idaho - After a three month investigation into the disappearance of 2-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr., law enforcement is going back to the drawing board and re-interviewing everyone involved that day...
    NamUs MP 29726

    Case Map


    ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

    Thread #1
    Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
    Thread #12
    Last edited by bessie; 10-12-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,482
    at 1:50 the father describes the creek as being knee deep and a few feet wide. It was searched by divers in wet suits.


    Attachment 82799

    FWIW It looks about ankle deep in this photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    12,770
    I too think he fell in the water... they must do more searches in that creek and which ever way it flows...

    According to a member here about the road to Leadore...

    Per WS member fishing_idaho: I live in the area and worked up that drainage many times. You’re absolutely correct about the time it takes to drive on that road. It is very rough but if you have a truck that you don’t mind abusing a little (and good tires) you can make it up there in 20 to 25 minutes or possibly even quicker if you really pushed it. It's a bad road, but for anyone who has experience driving rocky dirt roads, it's not that bad. If you're good at avoiding the rock clusters you can maintain a pretty good pace driving up there and not even abuse your truck that much. The website estimates for travel time are way off. At http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...y-2015-4/page8 posts #747 & 741)

    Where are you DeOrr!?!?!
    ~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    That's a great idea, Arnie. I find it hard to believe that more focus hasn't been placed on the possibility that he fell into the water.
    The searchers actually did a fairly thorough job in the creek and reservoir , they reached and probed around some of the rocks , but a man can only reach 3 feet under water and a body could easily be 4 , 5 , or 6 feet from the surface and off to the side.

    Every place we see those large rocks sticking out of the water , there will be 20 more underneath that we cannot see , nature and the running creek has washed away all the dirt and soil and filled those cavities with water , often fish live there all winter while the rest of the creek freezes almost solid.

    Moving the rocks is not practical , they weigh more than a car and you cannot get heavy equipment down there , carefully searching for cavities is the best , then try send a camera probe in for a look . A body will be preserved for a long time in cold running water.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,775
    .

    Look at parts of this video .... at 00:45 you can clearly see the water runs UNDERGROUND at the dam , it does not run over the top. And it is a substantial flow of water , not little pinholes letting a few drops leak through .

    I dont happen to think DeOrr is in the reservoir , it is a long ways from the campground ... I simply wanted to point out how water flows underground , there have to be some cavities there for it to do that

    Look at 1:57 in the video ... the creek is straight ahead of the camera but there is water showing up from the left and partly from underground and around rocks on the side of the creek

    2:15 to 2:20 has a bit more video of the creek

    We have already discussed to death what the grandfather said , so lets not go there again , just watch the water. thanks

    http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...cted/30321903/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post
    .

    Look at parts of this video .... at 00:45 you can clearly see the water runs UNDERGROUND at the dam , it does not run over the top. And it is a substantial flow of water , not little pinholes letting a few drops leak through .

    I dont happen to think DeOrr is in the reservoir , it is a long ways from the campground ... I simply wanted to point out how water flows underground , there have to be some cavities there for it to do that

    Look at 1:57 in the video ... the creek is straight ahead of the camera but there is water showing up from the left and partly from underground and around rocks on the side of the creek

    2:15 to 2:20 has a bit more video of the creek

    We have already discussed to death what the grandfather said , so lets not go there again , just watch the water. thanks

    http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...cted/30321903/
    Arnie, it sounds like the search team was top notch, at least from what we have heard. If they knew the creek and could detect some of the things you are talking about, such as the deep pockets and where the creek went under the dam--and they followed protocol in terms of their methods--is it still likely they could have missed the toddler? The jug idea seems fairly brilliant. Is that something search teams might be familiar with?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie M View Post
    .

    Look at parts of this video .... at 00:45 you can clearly see the water runs UNDERGROUND at the dam , it does not run over the top. And it is a substantial flow of water , not little pinholes letting a few drops leak through .

    I dont happen to think DeOrr is in the reservoir , it is a long ways from the campground ... I simply wanted to point out how water flows underground , there have to be some cavities there for it to do that

    Look at 1:57 in the video ... the creek is straight ahead of the camera but there is water showing up from the left and partly from underground and around rocks on the side of the creek

    2:15 to 2:20 has a bit more video of the creek

    We have already discussed to death what the grandfather said , so lets not go there again , just watch the water. thanks

    http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local...cted/30321903/
    Thats a LOT of water, much much more then what I thought listening to it described verbally. A baby wouldn't last a sec. I saw that water coming in from the left and I wonder where is that stream coming from? Another opening in the Rez? JMO

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,482
    Attachment 82800

    Another view of the creek from Twin Falls SAR facebook page. It's a few feet across and maybe knee deep at the deepest areas. Searched by divers, drones, dogs, etc. I don't know what more we could ask for in terms of searching.


    https://www.facebook.com/twinfallssh...71845679520079
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    409
    Many posters seem to easily cast away other possibilities and hang on to dear life to their own theory. I wish LE could be so certain about something.

    All I know is...I won't be surprised. Taken by a mountain lion, drowned, missed by searchers, abduction, accident and cover up and any other possibility. Except one I guess, and that is stranger abduction.

    Whatever the resolution (and I pray there is one) I hope there are no "I told you so!'s" or "I said it first's!" LOL




    "Parting is all we know of heaven, and all we need of hell."
    ~EMILY DICKENSON~

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by haven71 View Post
    Many posters seem to easily cast away other possibilities and hang on to dear life to their own theory. I wish LE could be so certain about something.

    All I know is...I won't be surprised. Taken by a mountain lion, drowned, missed by searchers, abduction, accident and cover up and any other possibility. Except one I guess, and that is stranger abduction.

    Whatever the resolution (and I pray there is one) I hope there are no "I told you so!'s" or "I said it first's!" LOL
    I think all of us would really be so happy no one would think about a gloat moment. Praying there is a resolution too.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    524
    I wish somehow the reservoir could be temporarily dammed up (or diverted) so the creekbed would drain out.....would be way easier to search without water. Is that even possible?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    793
    There must be highway cameras? Road cameras.. something.. I wonder if their vehicle was seen on camera? As a matter of fact, i wonder If the creep in the jeep was seen on a highway camera? MOO

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,151
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickshawn View Post
    I wish somehow the reservoir could be temporarily dammed up (or diverted) so the creekbed would drain out.....would be way easier to search without water. Is that even possible?
    Most reservoirs in Idaho get pretty low in the winter. Some even dry up all together (usually late summer, early fall). Not sure about Stone Reservoir - it is pretty tiny and seems more like a "recreational" type reservoir (rather than a functional reservoir that would be used to store spring snow melt for irrigation and/or for flood control). Regardless, I would expect that it would be lower now than it was in July, but having not been there, I don't know. I would also expect the creek flow to be much lower right now than it was in July. It's been really warm and dry this fall for most of the state.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-blue View Post
    Most reservoirs in Idaho get pretty low in the winter. Some even dry up all together (usually late summer, early fall). Not sure about Stone Reservoir - it is pretty tiny and seems more like a "recreational" type reservoir (rather than a functional reservoir that would be used to store spring snow melt for irrigation and/or for flood control). Regardless, I would expect that it would be lower now than it was in July, but having not been there, I don't know. I would also expect the creek flow to be much lower right now than it was in July. It's been really warm and dry this fall for most of the state.
    I tried to research this rez and where the water comes from. I didn't get too far...most of the info that comes up is about this search. Its a fishing area so I wonder if the water is stocked? Since its land locked I would imagine it would have to be unless it self populates from the fish it contains. Not sure how that works. I actually like your idea about draining it Mickshawn but I have no idea of what it would involve and since the Sheriff says he feels that the searches done cleared the water already I don't think it would be in his thought process. They have lowered the rivers around here during searches and other events by regulating the dams.

    I also wonder where the creek ends up? It looks strong enough to carry something for quite a ways if the conditions were correct. I could be wrong of course. Its JMO and thoughts since we are talking about this.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebest View Post
    I tried to research this rez and where the water comes from. I didn't get too far...most of the info that comes up is about this search. Its a fishing area so I wonder if the water is stocked? Since its land locked I would imagine it would have to be unless it self populates from the fish it contains. Not sure how that works. I actually like your idea about draining it Mickshawn but I have no idea of what it would involve and since the Sheriff says he feels that the searches done cleared the water already I don't think it would be in his thought process. They have lowered the rivers around here during searches and other events by regulating the dams.

    I also wonder where the creek ends up? It looks strong enough to carry something for quite a ways if the conditions were correct. I could be wrong of course. Its JMO and thoughts since we are talking about this.
    I was actually thinking of damming or diverting the water from the reservoir to dry out the creek for better searching.

    I, too, have wondered where the creek water all goes....

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 887
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 04:08 AM
  2. Replies: 1199
    Last Post: 03-04-2016, 01:27 AM
  3. Replies: 980
    Last Post: 02-03-2016, 04:00 PM
  4. Replies: 1081
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 02:15 AM
  5. Replies: 1025
    Last Post: 08-27-2015, 08:29 PM

Tags for this Thread