GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

Saw that, there were four odd murders within 3 miles all on the same night. This woman, and 2 miles away the machete attack on the jogger, and a couple of women shot to death.

I wonder if this is a disgruntled ex-BF or other person in her life, the police said it was not related to the machete killer so they probably have a suspect in mind.

(Thread on the machete murder in this section too.)

Police are keeping details close at this point hoping someone saw something or was in area and knows more. Especially about the man who flagged down the driver who did find her in the creek area? Who was the man who flagged down the driver then left the area?

SO many questions.

This was a friend of my daughter's, they attended the disd arts magnet program in junior high together as well as my daughter attended some of her fathers art classes at a wonderful studio in the area.

Please dear lord, let them find whomever did this to and and put them away for a very long time. I so pray this family isnt tortured further by a long trial.

Kathy in Dallas

Yes, they were within four miles of each other yet machette murderer did confess and there was a witness to a part of that attack. So far news is stating no relation between two crimes though very close in location .... there is a press conference of some sort this afternoon.

Will post more as I find out.

Kathy

Especially about the man who flagged down the driver who did find her in the creek area? Who was the man who flagged down the driver then left the area?

Guessing it was someone that had reason to avoid the police (i.e. due to immigration status, open warrants, etc...).

Seems unlikely that the killer would flag down a witness, point out the body and tell them to call the police.

interesting point ... and east dallas does have some pockets of immigrants near that area.

She was just such an incredible young woman, so kind, so compassionate, so talented and so much ahead of her.

Kathy

Posting some basic facts so other members know what this thread is about.

Recent Arts Magnet graduate found slain in crashed minivan near White Rock Lake
Robert Wilonsky
Published: October 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Dallas police say 18-year-old Zoe Hastings was found slain Monday morning in a crashed minivan near White Rock Lake.

According to police, Hastings, a recent graduate of Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing and Visual Arts, went missing shortly after 4:45 p.m. Sunday, when she left the family’s house for a church class scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. She was last seen behind the wheel of a white 2007 Honda Odyssey.

When she didn’t show up at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, her family reported her missing, and Monday morning friends of the family began tweeting and Facebooking photos of the missing teen in the hopes that someone had seen her.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Dallas Police Homicide Unit 214-671-3484 or the Crime Stoppers tip line at 214-737-TIPS.

rZ91Chi.jpg

Zoe Hastings was 18

PD: Teen Found Dead In Car Hanging Off Embankment Was Murdered
UPDATED | October 12, 2015 5:57 PM
October 12, 2015 1:00 PM

Police say it was just before 8:30 a.m. when they received a call about a car crashed into a creek in the 11700 block of Dixfield Drive. When officers arrived they found an 18-year-old deceased. But investigators don’t believe it was the crash that killed her, officials say the teen died as a result of “homicidal violence”.

[...]
Zoe Hastings’ family are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Lake Highlands. She was on the way there, a family friend said, when she disappeared.

The teen’s home, the church, and the creek where she was found are located within a mile of each other.

Dallas teen who vanished on drive to church found slain next to crashed minivan
BY Nicole Hensley
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 9:00 AM

A Dallas teen who vanished overnight died of “obvious homicidal violence” authorities said after finding her body next to her wrecked minivan in a creek close to home.

A man emerged from the creek bed Monday morning around 8:30 a.m. to flag down a driver to the tragic scene — only to disappear, a witness recounted.

"This young man waved us down and said a girl needed our help,” Joe N told KDFW-TV of finding the woman's body. "She was on the white rock bed and when I saw the pool of blood ... and the color of her skin, I could tell she had died."

So she was outside of the minivan. Like she fell out when it hit the rock bed?

So she was outside of the minivan. Like she fell out when it hit the rock bed?
It's not clear, and LE is releasing very few details. My impression is that she was run off the road, and then attacked outside of the vehicle.

ETA: Or, maybe not. Looks like the attacker was with Zoe inside the van at some point.

"Investigators said there is a lot of physical evidence in the van that is yet to be processed and the investigation is ongoing."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Wo...-a-Car-Found-in-a-Dallas-Creek-332078282.html

This is just awful that someone would do this. Breaks my heart. Think your seeing your child off to a church event and to be murdered and for what. UGH

Such a short distance. I wonder if someone was hiding in the van, or saw someone she thought needed help along the way. So sad. WAY too close to home. I've heard she was an incredibly kind and wonderful person. :(

From the Dallas Police Department -

Oak Farms Dairy offers $10,000 Reward in Connection with the Murder of Zoe Hastings.
http://dpdbeat.com/2015/10/13/oak-f...n-connection-with-the-murder-of-zoe-hastings/

On October 12, 2015, at 8:30 a.m., officers responded to the 11700 block of Dixfield Drive regarding a 2007 white Honda Odyssey in the creek. Upon the officers’ arrival, they found Zoe Hastings, White female 18, deceased from obvious homicidal violence.

Zoe, a recent graduate of Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing Arts, was found dead in her minivan near Easton Road and East Lake Highlands Drive. Detectives believe she left her home Sunday evening to go to a nearby church.

Oak Farms will pay $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and grand jury indictment of the person responsible for Ms. Hastings’ death. Anyone with information is asked to call the Dallas Police Department Homicide Unit (214) 671 -3584 or the Crime Stoppers Tip Line (214) 373- TIPS (8477).

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...found-slain-crashed-minivan-article-1.2394852

SNIP BBM

" Her longtime friend, Khelsey Tramaine Gamble, realized the devastating truth of what happened — only hours after learning she’d gone missing.

“Me and my friend were just talking. We hoped she just ran away or did something crazy,” Gamble told the Daily News in tears. “Two hours later he called me and told me they found her.”

I wonder if Ms Hastings was having personal problems. Why would her friend think she might have run away or do something crazy? MOO

Oh how terrible! I know someone who was in this graduating class, too and they seemed to be such a close group of incredibly talented kids.

I wonder if the vehicle belonged to the family or if it was Zoe's personal ride. If it was hers perhaps she was being stalked?

I can't even wrap my brain around how all this occurred in such a short distance.
The homicide and car crash is also confusing me.
Maybe murdered and then the vehicle sent off the embankment?
So weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back