1358 users online (253 members and 1105 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Such a short distance. I wonder if someone was hiding in the van, or saw someone she thought needed help along the way. So sad. WAY too close to home. I've heard she was an incredibly kind and wonderful person.

From the Dallas Police Department -

Oak Farms Dairy offers $10,000 Reward in Connection with the Murder of Zoe Hastings.
    http://dpdbeat.com/2015/10/13/oak-fa...-zoe-hastings/

On October 12, 2015, at 8:30 a.m., officers responded to the 11700 block of Dixfield Drive regarding a 2007 white Honda Odyssey in the creek. Upon the officers’ arrival, they found Zoe Hastings, White female 18, deceased from obvious homicidal violence.

Zoe, a recent graduate of Booker T. Washington High School for the Performing Arts, was found dead in her minivan near Easton Road and East Lake Highlands Drive. Detectives believe she left her home Sunday evening to go to a nearby church.

Oak Farms will pay $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and grand jury indictment of the person responsible for Ms. Hastings’ death. Anyone with information is asked to call the Dallas Police Department Homicide Unit (214) 671 -3584 or the Crime Stoppers Tip Line (214) 373- TIPS (8477).

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2394852

SNIP BBM

" Her longtime friend, Khelsey Tramaine Gamble, realized the devastating truth of what happened — only hours after learning she’d gone missing.

“Me and my friend were just talking. We hoped she just ran away or did something crazy,” Gamble told the Daily News in tears. “Two hours later he called me and told me they found her.”

I wonder if Ms Hastings was having personal problems. Why would her friend think she might have run away or do something crazy? MOO

Oh how terrible! I know someone who was in this graduating class, too and they seemed to be such a close group of incredibly talented kids.

I wonder if the vehicle belonged to the family or if it was Zoe's personal ride. If it was hers perhaps she was being stalked?

I can't even wrap my brain around how all this occurred in such a short distance.
    The homicide and car crash is also confusing me.
    Maybe murdered and then the vehicle sent off the embankment?
    So weird.

This is such a strange situation and with the other recent tragedies nearby! I really feel for her loved ones! I just heard on the news that she was a lifeguard and swim instructor at the White Rock YMCA. It does make me wonder if she had a stalker...such a beautiful girl. How does someone get in the vehicle with her? I don't know anyone that would be willing to pick up a stranger in any part of Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by Meletx View Post
    It does make me wonder if she had a stalker...such a beautiful girl. How does someone get in the vehicle with her? I don't know anyone that would be willing to pick up a stranger in any part of Dallas.
    I wonder if the church had a camera system. Is it possible she made it to the church and was nabbed in the parking lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    I wonder if the church had a camera system. Is it possible she made it to the church and was nabbed in the parking lot?
    That would be great to find out. I may drive by the church after work today. The church, and where they found her vehicle are VERY close. I don't know how to add a diagram of a map here, but the church address is 10701 E. Lake Highlands Drive, Dallas, TX. Her vehicle was found crashed into an embankment of a creek in the 11700 block of Dixfield Drive, Dallas, TX, according to the news link provided in this thread.

Zoe's Facebook page:

Www.facebook.com/vintagetootsiepop

So, some random guy flags down a motorist and tells him there is an injured girl that needs help and then the guy just disappears?

""She's just a great young lady. Very involved in the arts, helpful in the school. Just a shame. A huge loss," said Joe Noriega.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly...the motorist that was flagged down actually knew Zoe? Something is fishy and it ain't that creek. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrapes View Post
    So, some random guy flags down a motorist and tells him there is an injured girl that needs help and then the guy just disappears?

""She's just a great young lady. Very involved in the arts, helpful in the school. Just a shame. A huge loss," said Joe Noriega.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly...the motorist that was flagged down actually knew Zoe? Something is fishy and it ain't that creek. JMO
    I don't think it's been said the man knew Zoe. Rather, it might have been said, but not by LE in the media.

Misread the post.
    Last edited by bessie; 10-14-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    That sounds plausible. She had such a short distance to drive. Where else would she have stopped to make contact with the perp?
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    I don't think it's been said the man knew Zoe. Rather, it might have been said, but not by LE in the media.

from http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2394852

The woman next to the white minivan was his daughter’s friend, 18-year-old Zoe Hastings. The teen’s parents reported Hastings as missing when she never showed up to a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints class.

The motorist that found Zoe, also discusses Zoe in the second video at the link.
    Last edited by sourgrapes; 10-14-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: added link

The guy that was flagged down was driving his daughter to school. Apparently, his daughter was Zoe's friend. Just strange coincidence is all.

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrapes View Post
    from http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2394852

The woman next to the white minivan was his daughter’s friend, 18-year-old Zoe Hastings. The teen’s parents reported Hastings as missing when she never showed up to a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints class.

The motorist that found Zoe, also discusses Zoe in the second video at the link.
    Yep. Time to change my glasses. I thought the post asked if the guy who did the flagging down knew Zoe. Apologies for any confusion, and thank you for catching the error.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast