1376 users online (275 members and 1101 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    The motorist who was flagged down - his daughter went to school with Zoe.

I have known the Hastings family for over 40 years. Zoe was a beautiful, kind and gentle flower. No way did she pick anyone up or run away. She was either carjacked or kidnapped at the church. I went to that church and I don't believe there are any cameras. The police are holding back information that only the killer would know. They are saying she was in the car but the man that found her is saying she was outside the car on the rocks. It's driving me crazy that they aren't giving any information. Please post if you hear anything and I will do the same.
    Last edited by dianewms; 10-14-2015 at 02:52 PM.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015...ontinues.html/

"We are grateful for the privacy and respect given to us during this extremely difficult time. Please continue to pray for our family. We appreciate and need your support."

Statement from family today, and we are praying with the Hastings during this horrible time.

My prayers too as with the Dallas Police as they process evidence and hopefully can direct their attention to the murderer.

My daughter attended Dealey with Zoe and also took classes at Studio Arts though we moved to Plano just before the girls started ninth grade. I too agree that she was a solid young woman and I too fear carjacking or random kidnapping.

It is just heartbreaking.

Kathy

Wfaa is saying update on the case at 5:30 ... per their main twitter feed.

Kathy

Watch DPD Press Conference (update on case) here: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Pol...332934461.html

From the PC, in case you missed it:

Zoe was making a trip to Walgreens to return a Redbox movie at approximately 4:45 on Sunday. This matches what her parents told the police and it was also implied that other evidence backs this story up.

DPD is looking to speak with anyone that was at the Walgreens at Garland Road and Peavy between 4:30 - 5:00.

DPD canvassed area homes and businesses today to question and obtain surveillance footage.

The family is asking the public to meet tomorrow to canvas the area of the crime. They are meeting at Norbuck (sp?) park at 5 PM.

The person who originally found Zoe and alerted the motorist has been identified and questioned. They are not a person of interest. DPD believes that the person feared being arrested due to open warrants, which is why they left the scene.

When question time came, it was hard to hear the questions being asked, but I thought I heard one asking about if the crime was believed to be random. The officer did not answer directly, but he did say that he encourages the public to be diligent about watching their surroundings in public.

This was the speaker at the press conference: https://twitter.com/maxdpd

Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    That sounds plausible. She had such a short distance to drive. Where else would she have stopped to make contact with the perp?
    This seemed to have happened in the blink of an eye. NG showed a map of her house and the church and heck you could run it in 15 or less minutes. Unbelievable how these things happen.
    "Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. Thatís why itís called the present."

Police said she stopped at Walgreens to return a redbox movie and are going over surveillance video.

Quote Originally Posted by dianewms View Post
    Police said she stopped at Walgreens to return a redbox movie and are going over surveillance video.
    If that Walgreens is anything like my Walgreens you can bet they have good video of anything going on there. Fingers crossed the police are onto this person.

So a time line would be something like this;

4:45 Sunday left her house bound for the church class starting at 5:00

She was found on Monday.

This killer had quite a bit of time to take her elsewhere then return the car in the middle of the night. On the other hand somebody could have put her in their vehicle and then ditched her van.

Once she was reported missing the police and everybody would have been looking for that white van so I think it was ditched early rather than later and then they brought her back during the night.

MOO of course.

They are planning a canvassing of neighborhood (and did he pause at calling it a vigil) at five p m tomorrow at Norbuck park on Buckner Blvd

Kathy

Please everyone pray that this monster is caught fast. This family deserves a speedy resolution. They are one of the closest families that I know and are devastated.

The Walgreens is 1.5 miles southeast of where Zoe was found...a 5-minute drive tops maybe. I'm not sure, but it appears to me that only a short walk across Lake Highlands Street could take you from the church to where Zoe was found. I'm not sure it's coincidental she was found near her church...her destination? I just feel like if it was someone random at Walgreens...why so close to her destination?

Quote Originally Posted by Meletx View Post
    The Walgreens is 1.5 miles southeast of where Zoe was found...a 5-minute drive tops maybe. I'm not sure, but it appears to me that only a short walk across Lake Highlands Street could take you from the church to where Zoe was found. I'm not sure it's coincidental she was found near her church...her destination? I just feel like if it was someone random at Walgreens...why so close to her destination?
    What if she went to quickly return the movie, left the minivan doors unlocked, car possibly still running, and someone saw her and slipped in the back of the van. Maybe they waited to attack until she was nearly to the church. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Meletx View Post
    I was thinking more about that Red Box at Walgreens. At ours it's way around the side. Not real close to the front entrance so somebody could have been waiting for some unsuspecting female to pull up to that Red Box.

On the other hand at that time on a Sunday night there is a lot of traffic at Walgreens. It's still light out and people are picking up things for work and school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by AliVada View Post
    They are planning a canvassing of neighborhood (and did he pause at calling it a vigil) at five p m tomorrow at Norbuck park on Buckner Blvd

Kathy
    I wonder what the family means by "canvassing". I know the definition but I am curious to what they want the public to do.

Found my answer in an updated article.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2015...ontinues.html/

"Volunteers will be given a form with questions such as whether anyone may have video that might be of interest, and detectives will follow up on possible leads, Geron said."

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast