1318 users online (219 members and 1099 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ms_x_to_the_m View Post
    Im still not convinced his dad actually killed him. I know. I don't know what happened.
    I do think the crown offered a deal because they knew they could get another hung jury.
    Either way I hope the family can start healing.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

This is my thinking as well...though I think they may have bluffed a bit ie "if you don't take this deal, we're going to put you away forever". Does anyone know if this was actually an alford plea? At the same time, if he really was only half the plot (and I believe he was) this may be the fairest we can get. I agree with katydid that Julia should not be a free bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Vail View Post
    This is my thinking as well...though I think they may have bluffed a bit ie "if you don't take this deal, we're going to put you away forever". Does anyone know if this was actually an alford plea? At the same time, if he really was only half the plot (and I believe he was) this may be the fairest we can get. I agree with katydid that Julia should not be a free bird.
    Agree, she should be serving some time too. Had it not been for her mouth, Brendon would be here

Still pretty sick over this. The prosecutor seemed so passionate about this case. I remember her saying at his arraignment: "As it should be – life in prison." So I'm not sure why she went with this plea deal. It's very disappointing because I really thought she did an outstanding job in this case. DJ is practically getting away with murder.

It makes it easier if his actions after the killing showed some semblance of remorse but still snooping in Julie's accounts, showing a love for freedom, buying a hamster and tampering with his door – this guy is still glad his son is gone and could care less about all the hurt he's caused. Very selfish person.

Hopefully the sentencing is live.

This monster got away with murder.That poor baby got no justice.

Father pleads guilty to killing 3-year-old son because his girlfriend didn’t want to be around kids

David Creato Jr.’s plea came just weeks before he was due to stand trial again on murder charges. He admitted in court that he “recklessly caused his son’s death under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life by depriving Brendan of oxygen.”

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/27/father-...e-around-kids/

DJ admitted he is the one that murdered little Brendan by suffocating him. Sick SOB! jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels53 View Post
    Father pleads guilty to killing 3-year-old son because his girlfriend didnít want to be around kids

David Creato Jr.ís plea came just weeks before he was due to stand trial again on murder charges. He admitted in court that he ďrecklessly caused his sonís death under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life by depriving Brendan of oxygen.Ē

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/27/father-...e-around-kids/

DJ admitted he is the one that murdered little Brendan by suffocating him. Sick SOB! jmo
    Thanks for the link. I wonder if the public can go to his sentencing to voice outrage? Does anyone think an online petition will help or is this as good as done because he made a deal?

Camden County prosecutors will recommend he receive a 10-year prison term when heís sentenced Sept. 29.
    Last edited by Roselvr; 08-28-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Thanks for the link. I wonder if the public can go to his sentencing to voice outrage? Does anyone think an online petition will help or is this as good as done because he made a deal?
    Roselvr, I wish people would hound the prosecutors office until they were sick of hearing from us that 10 years is not enough time to serve for murdering Brendan. On-line petition sounds like a good idea. imo

Roselvr, I wish people would hound the prosecutors office until they were sick of hearing from us that 10 years is not enough time to serve for murdering Brendan. On-line petition sounds like a good idea. imo
    Is there anyone in Camden County that wants to set up an online petition? I'm in the next county over, have never set one up. I can try if needed if someone wants to write the facts up. I don't have time to throw something together.

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Courier Post will live stream if the court grants permission. I imagine only Brendan's family and the murderer's family will be allowed to make victim impact statements.

Do you think this could work? I would happily sign the petition but I just don't think it's going to change anything. He has already testified under oath.

The question is, if he was to deny it to public or at sentencing and say he just said that to get out of it, would that cancel his plea deal?

Also, remember. He will likely only serve 7 years.

Sickening.

I watched this interview with DJ's lawyer.

He elaborated the admission to causing his death doesn't provide as much closure as some might think as he only admitted to being reckless that he caused his son's death, not that he admitted to murder.

Here's a link:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...442068033.html

Also, the judge has discretion to add more time. Let's hope for that.

Courier-Post will be streaming the sentencing live on Facebook at 1:30pm EDT. It's going to be a heartbreaking day. I hope Sam and other family lashes out at him in victim impact statement.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...sey/712979001/

Buy Photo
    (Photo: Joe Lamberti/Courier-Post)

79CONNECT
    TWEETLINKEDIN
    COMMENTEMAILMORE

The Courier-Post will have live coverage of David "DJ" Creato Jr.'s sentencing; watch beginning at 1:30 Friday on Facebook.com/CourierPost.
    CAMDEN - The tragic odyssey that began nearly two years ago with a Westmont dad reporting his 3-year-old son missing will end in a courtroom Friday as the father is sentenced in the boy's death.
    David "DJ" Creato Jr. pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter in his son Brendan's death on Aug. 23. Under terms of the agreement, Creato faces a 10-year prison term.
    More: Timeline: The disappearance and death of Brendan Creato
    More: READ THE TEXTS: Creato's spats aired in court
    The guilty plea came just weeks before Creato's second murder trial was set to begin.
    Superior Court Judge John T. Kelley declared a mistrial in May after jurors were unable to agree on a verdict in the circumstantial case. The medical examiner was unable to determine how Brendan was killed despite multiple autopsies.
    During the trial, visitors traveled to the spot where Brendan's body was found in Cooper River Park, several blocks from his father's home. The prosecutor pointed out that the boy was found with clean socks.
    Creato's obsessive jealousy over a teen girlfriend who resented his son drove him to murder, the prosecution argued throughout the trial.
    The girlfriend, Julia Stensky, testified during Creato's trial and some of the 9,000-plus text messages the pair exchanged were read in court.
    The Creato case generated national attention and was live streamed on court websites and inspired social-media discussion groups.

Justice for Brendan Creato

Quote Originally Posted by MayMay1123 View Post
    Using your post because of the link.

After the hearing, Creato's father told reporters that he believes his son is innocent and that he is reaching out to private investigators to catch the real killer.
    I don't understand why DJ's dad is going to look for the real killer when DJ admitted he depraved Brendan of oxygen. Someone needs to wake this family up and look into their son's eyes and question him. They are so in denial! jmo

Using your post because of the link.

I don't understand why DJ's dad is going to look for the real killer when DJ admitted he depraved Brendan of oxygen. Someone needs to wake this family up and look into their son's eyes and question him. They are so in denial! jmo
    I can't imagine what they go thru. They knew their son until the texts with the GF sent him over the edge. I hope in time they will come to terms with everything.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50