564 users online (72 members and 492 guests)  

Websleuths News

MS - Mykendrionia Mimi Lewis, 14, shot to death, Attala County, 10 October 2015

The Attala County Sheriff's Department confirms that human skeletal remains were found over the weekend. Officials say hunters discovered the remains in a wooded area on Saturday morning.
    The remains were removed and sent to the state lab in Jackson. (...)

Attala County Sheriff Tim Nail said that those results could be in within two to three days, but identifying the remains could take months.

Two possibles who are missing from the area are Vickie Ellington (missing since 01-2011) and Friday Riley (missing since 12-2012).

Human remains found by hunters earlier this month have been identified as those of a missing 14-year-old girl, authorities said.

Attala County Sheriff Tim Nail told BreezyNews.com that tests identified the remains as Mykendriona Mimi Lewis. She died from a gunshot wound.
    No arrests have been made in the case.

Who Dat Nation
    Skeletal Remains Identified as those of Missing Kosciusko Teen
    Posted on October 27, 2015 by Breck Riley

Mykendrionia “Mimi” Lewis was 14

Her mother says that the last time she saw Mimi was when the teen walked out of the family’s home Tuesday, May 26. Mimi was seen on Peeler Street in Kosciusko a short time after that, but had not been seen since.

The Attala County Sheriff’s Office, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, and the Kosciusko Police Department are working the case as a homicide, but no suspects have been named at this time.
    Anyone with information is asked to contact the Attala County Sheriff’s Office at (662) 289-3131.

Here's an article from July when she was missing.

Her sister set up a FB page, but didn't receive much response. So sad. Hopefully, the killers will be caught soon. My heart goes out to her family.

Last edited by bessie; 10-27-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

East Tennessee
    How and why does a 14 year old girl get involved with someone or something that leads to her shooting death? What kind of monster does this? It makes me sick to see all these intentionally murdered teens and young adults!!!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Dear Poster Partner:
    It is with great sadness and deep regret that we notify you that Mykendrionia Lewis missing from Kosciusko, MS, has been located deceased. Please discontinue dissemination of this poster.
    Please remove and discard any posters on this case that you have placed in public view.
    We greatly appreciate your part in our efforts to reunite families and look forward to your continued support.
    Thank you for your support.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

by the bay
    There are at least two other open missing persons cases in Attala County. Vickie Ellington, who went missing in January of 2011 and Friday Riley, 43, who was last seen leaving his mother's house in the Zemuly Community of Attala County in December of 2012.