1745 users online (287 members and 1458 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    She's a paid dance instructor. Those moms can pull those kids out at any time. They are there because ALM produces highly talented well trained dancers.

I don't always agree with her techniques. But it's her studio.

I don't always agree with my child's coaches. It's either stay or walk. My choice.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    She's a paid dance instructor. Those moms can pull those kids out at any time. They are there because ALM produces highly talented well trained dancers.

I don't always agree with my child's coaches. It's either stay or walk. My choice.

JMO
    They sign a contract with the lifetime tv show, so it's not exactly true that they can pull the child out at any time.
    But as we all know there are a lot of things some parents will do or put up with for any potential fame and fortune. I am not sure that makes it o'key.
    Just my opinion

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    That's why each parent has rights.
    We all raise our children how we see fit.

Several of those kids were at that studio long before "Dance Moms" was a show. So yeah, they could have been pulled long before that Lifetime contract.

I think Nia started there when she was 3 or so. Maddie and Mackenzie have grown up there too.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Abby Lee Miller segment on Nancy Grace's HLN show last night. Transcript not available yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post

JMO
    My kids had incredible coaches who not only taught the sport and got incredible results with their athletes but also built character and were an example of what it means to be a decent human being. I honestly never saw them in screaming matches with kids and parents as I've seen on the commercials for this show.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    ...Lifetime has renewed Dance Moms for Season 6, though there could be trouble ahead for host Abby Lee Miller, who faces five years in prison for fraud and $5 million in fines...

http://renewcanceltv.com/dance-moms-...6-by-lifetime/

Nancy Grace transcript with Abby Lee Miller segment, October 19, 2015:

NANCY GRACE

Criminal Charges for "Dance Moms" Star/Erin Andrews Sues for $75 Million. Aired 8-8:30p ET

Aired October 19, 2015 - 20:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news right now. After "Dance Mom" Abby Lee Miller escapes accusations on a slap-fest caught no video on Lifetime

TV, is she headed to jail on brand-new accusations -- bombshell now -- that she allegedly cheats the tax man on nearly $1 million stashed away?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ABBY LEE MILLER, "DANCE MOM": Hi. My name is Abby Lee Miller, and a woman just grabbed and pulled my hair and scratched my face.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You bring it upon yourself!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ALM segment continues further down the page...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../19/ng.01.html

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    My kids had incredible coaches who not only taught the sport and got incredible results with their athletes but also built character and were an example of what it means to be a decent human being. I honestly never saw them in screaming matches with kids and parents as I've seen on the commercials for this show.
    They scream at each other through the show. I believe they might be encouraged to do so by the producers, although why anyone would think this is enjoyable to watch is beyond my understanding. I also doubt at least some of the competitions these kids go to are real. Some time you can see there is almost no one in the audience except the mothers themselves.
    Just my opinion

Abby Lee Miller segment (video) on Nancy Grace (HLN), October 19, 2015:

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gra...iminal-charges

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    Abby Lee Miller segment (video) on Nancy Grace (HLN), October 19, 2015:

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gra...iminal-charges
    I think Abby here could be in real trouble. Apparently bankruptcy fraud is taken very seriously.
    Just my opinion

Karma. Love it! You want to be a greedy, dishonest slimeball, you deserve to pay. I can't stand this woman or this show. She is an arrogant, sarcastic, obnoxious neanderthal. The Moms are as bad in terms of their gossiping, backstabbing, fighting, arguing, OMG. Just shameful. The only ones with any class or decency are the girls. I am so ashamed for all of these women, the way they carry on, all for money. Of course I feel the same way about stupid shows like any of the Real Housewives shows, too. Nothing but women fighting, scheming, gossiping, bickering just making huge fools of themselves. Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    Too bad they didn't charge her with child abuse as well.
    Lol, no. You should see what Romanian and Chinese gymnasts go through since the age of 3-4 if you want to cry abuse. Abby was just not "yes, you can, you are a special snowflake" type of adult the US society cherishes.

‘Dance Moms’ star due in court on fraud charges

Joe Mandak, Associated Press 9:14 a.m. EST November 2, 2015

Pittsburgh — “Dance Moms” star Abigale Lee Miller is to appear before a federal magistrate in Pittsburgh to be arraigned on charges that she tried to hide $775,000 worth of income from the Lifetime network reality show and spinoff projects during her Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

The investigation began when a channel-surfing bankruptcy judge saw Miller on TV in December 2012 and figured she had to be making more than the $8,899 in monthly income she was claiming...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ent...ptcy/75031426/

Abby Lee Miller and Kelly Hyland finally settled their "Dance Moms" lawsuits last week in Los Angeles.

Kelly had agreed to drop her lawsuit filed against Abby and Collins Avenue Entertainment. "Dance Moms" can still use images of Kelly and her daughters, Paige and Brooke, in reruns albeit for a price.

And as part of the agreement, Collins Avenue Entertainment will pay $17,500 to replace the floors in Kelly's home allegedly damaged during the show's production. They must also "keep a friendly front."

http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/...date-moved.htm

Dance Moms' Abby Lee Miller Pleads Not Guilty to Bankruptcy Fraud

By Michele Corriston
    @mcorriston 11/02/2015 AT 03:30 PM EST

Abby Lee Miller is maintaining her innocence.

The Dance Moms star pleaded not guilty to bankruptcy fraud at an arraignment Monday, according to Deadline Hollywood...

http://www.people.com/article/dance-...nkruptcy-fraud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast