928 users online (122 members and 806 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    BBM. Off topic but potentially relevant. I recently discovered location tracking recorded on my iPhone, everyone should check out if 'frequent locations' is enabled.

Settings>Privacy>Location Settings>System Services>Frequent Locations

Pretty detailed time log of when I'm 'at home' or work...a record every 30-90 minutes. Might be a record logged from Jarvis at 11:19 in someone's iPhone.
    Yikes! I just checked mine and sure enough, it gives dates and time frames along with the location. I wanted to turn it off but in the event I'm a subject on this website, it would be a useful tool. *creepy*

Quote Originally Posted by lstiff View Post
    Yikes! I just checked mine and sure enough, it gives dates and time frames along with the location. I wanted to turn it off but in the event I'm a subject on this website, it would be a useful tool. *creepy*
    LOL, my thought process was exactly the same. May be useful info to have one day! IIRC, the location data is only stored on the phone and not shared with 3rd parties or sent back to Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    Turn that thing off! Can you turn it off? Yikes! The idea that something - some thing - knows where you've been - and where you are - gives me the heebie-jeebies! Throw that iPhone out the window!

P.S. Congratulations, creepingskills!
    You can turn it off, but I think the setting is 'on' by default. Sneaky!

And thank you for the congrats, coastal!

Quote Originally Posted by creepingskills View Post
    You can turn it off, but I think the setting is 'on' by default. Sneaky!

And thank you for the congrats, coastal!
    LOL, I think that most people don't fret about someone knowing where they've been spending their time. I could be totally wrong on that, but honestly think most people don't give it a second thought.

I think this is a useful app to help until 911 can accurately pinpoint locations (on all cell phones) during a call for help or, as others say, in case we happen to go missing or murdered. :/ Just my opinion on the matter, but then again, I'm all for security cameras on the street. Or is it just because I'm getting older and don't feel invincible like I was in my 20s?
    ...Detective Owens said the driver is not a suspect in the case...
    snippet from washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court

Quote Originally Posted by FelicityLemon View Post
    LOL, I think that most people don't fret about someone knowing where they've been spending their time. I could be totally wrong on that, but honestly think most people don't give it a second thought.

I think this is a useful app to help until 911 can accurately pinpoint locations (on all cell phones) during a call for help or, as others say, in case we happen to go missing or murdered. :/ Just my opinion on the matter, but then again, I'm all for security cameras on the street. Or is it just because I'm getting older and don't feel invincible like I was in my 20s?
    I don't mind if people know where I've been nearly as much as I mind machines that keep track of me without my direction to do so. Maybe I just read too much science fiction in my youth?

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't want people tracking me, either.

Is it paranoia if it's real?
    If you're lucky enough to be at the beach, you're lucky enough.

Quote Originally Posted by FelicityLemon View Post

BBM. No, IMO. I completely agree with you re: usefulness. I'm a worrier without much to hide, the benefits outweigh the risks for me. On the other hand, I think people would be... less than thrilled by having to opt out, rather than opt in to the tracking.

I don't mind if people know where I've been nearly as much as I mind machines that keep track of me without my direction to do so. Maybe I just read too much science fiction in my youth?

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't want people tracking me, either.

LOL, what's that saying: just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you? You and me on the science fiction!
    ...Detective Owens said the driver is not a suspect in the case...
    snippet from washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jul/20/suspect-in-dc-mansion-slayings-due-back-in-court

Paranoid, who's paranoid? I just have a heightened sense of awareness! hahahahahahah, sorry I could not stop myself...
    Last edited by KateB; 12-14-2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: repair quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockins View Post
    The last Delta flight out of LaGuardia landed 25 minutes early into Ft. Myers on the 28th of June. Flight 4319 landed at 10:37pm. Per flight tracker app.
    Bumping for reference since we've learned this is the airport and flight Dr. Sievers traveled on.

Quote Originally Posted by lstiff View Post
    Wow- me too. I never knew. I'm keeping mine in case of emergency but that is a trip.

mikeinmo is offline Verified Insider - Dr. Teresa Sievers Case
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Wow- me too. I never knew. I'm keeping mine in case of emergency but that is a trip.
    turned off history but left location services on is creepy in a way Big Brother watching over you

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinmo View Post
    turned off history but left location services on is creepy in a way Big Brother watching over you
    Check out https.nsa.gov1.info see on right, Surveillance then hit What Data We Collect. LE departments all over the country have access to programs for grabbing info from phones, etc. Yes, Big Brother can watch & listen.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23